Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Hong Kong actor Daniel Wu (Into the Badlands, Tomb Raider) joins Hugh Jackman & Rebecca Ferguson in Remeniscence.

The film is a mind bending noir love story set in the dystopian near future of a nighttime, super heated & flooded Miami. Wu portrays a dangerous antagonist to Jackman’s character as both share scars from their love for the same woman.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/daniel-wu-reminiscence-lisa-joy-hugh-jackman-rebecca-ferguson-into-the-badlands-1202765874/
    There was this film with Rutger Hauer, which was als set in a flooded, nighttime city. Wasn´t a bad film.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Production has started on the Hong-Kong revenge/action film Raging Fire:

raging-fire.jpg

Shan is a righteous cop who’s solved countless cases. One day, his past comes back to haunt him when his sting operation is attacked by a mysterious group of criminals led by Ngo his former protégé. Ngo was once a talented cop who admired Shan. However, a terrible accident sent him to prison three years ago, transforming him into a furious man dead set on killing everyone who’s wronged him.

Starring: Donnie Yen & Nicholas Tse.

Director: Benny Chan (Who Am I?)

Release date: TBD 2020.

----

----

M1txzis60-Er-OOol-RI5e-Npw-Bnemblvu-Bsf5q-Mzj-L9rh-M.jpg
    First official picture of Willem Dafoe in Disney's Togo:

mmlq8lzo1ku31.jpg

The story of the sled dog, Togo, who led the 1925 serum run, but was considered by most to be too small and weak to lead such an intense race.

----

Tracy Letts joins Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas in the erotic thriller Deep Water.

A well-to-do husband who allows his wife to have affairs in order to avoid a divorce becomes a prime suspect in the disappearance of her lovers.

https://collider.com/tracy-letts-rachel-blanchard-join-ben-affleck-movie-deep-water/

----

----

----

Scott Cooper's Antlers is given the release date of April 17, 2020.

----

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Doctor Sleeps gets incredibly good early buzz. Makes me want to see the movie. I´m so susceptible to media...
    https://collider.com/doctor-sleep-reviews-reactions/

And they want to re-boot Pirates of the Carribbean :-)).
    https://collider.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-6-reboot/
    November 2019 preview:

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,368

• edited October 2019 Posts: 6,682
    Well, how 'bout twelve and a half minute?

I'm just going to go ahead and quote someone: this film will get nominated for multiple shineboxes. :))
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Well, how 'bout twelve and a half minute?

I'm just going to go ahead and quote someone: this film will get nominated for multiple shineboxes. :))
    Seeing this leaves me speechless and drooling. Right now, I don´t care how good or bad the de-aging effects might be, I just want to see this. Five times in a row.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    https://collider.com/nicolas-cage-wallys-wonderland-casting/

Nicolas Cage as the janitor in a theme park where the attractions are evil animatronics.
    :-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

t7lu5ux2mvv31.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    First trailer for the French super-hero movie Comment Je Suis Devenu Super-Héros:

Looks interesting.
    First image of Tom Holland in the Russo Brothers’ upcoming thriller Cherry:

c0gd1w0fr2w31.png

An Army medic suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder becomes a serial bank robber after an addiction to drugs puts him in debt.

Also starring Jack Reynor and Bill Skarsgard.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @boldfinger

Thanks to @ClarkDevlin for the info:

Liam Neeson has signed on for the lead role in the action thriller The Minuteman.

A fast-paced story of a retired Vietnam veteran who finds himself responsible for the life of a young boy who is being hunted by a cartel.

https://theactionelite.com/liam-neeson-joins-the-minuteman/

The Minuteman has wrapped up filming. Liam Neeson's next two projects are:

- The Ice Road: After a remote diamond mine collapses in the far northern regions of Canada, an ice driver leads an impossible rescue mission over a frozen ocean to save the lives of trapped miners.

- Charlie Johnson in the Flames: An American journalist travels to Africa to hunt down a murderous Colonel and bring him to justice.
    The Neeson does work for his money. Always a pleasure.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Is that Phillip Marlowe film he was supposed to be in, still on the cards?

Still is, but has not moved into pre-production yet. But Neeson is working over-time lately, he's filmed 5 projects in the past year (Ordinary Love, Made in Italy, Honest Thief, The Minuteman; the latter 2 being action/thrillers), with 2 more on the near horizon (The Ice Road and Charlie Johnson in the Flames).

And he also confirmed during promotion for The Commuter that he will do a 5th collaboration with Jaume-Collet Serra. And of course, he has been attached for a while to other action films like The Escapist, The Revenger, Suspension, The Willing Patriot, Retribution and Narco Sub.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Still is, but has not moved into pre-production yet. But Neeson is working over-time lately, he's filmed 5 projects in the past year (Ordinary Love, Made in Italy, Honest Thief, The Minuteman; the latter 2 being action/thrillers), with 2 more on the near horizon (The Ice Road and Charlie Johnson in the Flames).

And he also confirmed during promotion for The Commuter that he will do a 5th collaboration with Jaume-Collet Serra. And of course, he has been attached for a while to other action films like The Escapist, The Revenger, Suspension, The Willing Patriot, Retribution and Narco Sub.

Good to know RE: Marlowe.

I only recently got around to watching The Commuter, so i'm a little behind.
    @MajorDSmythe Did you enjoy The Commuter?

Busy man. He must be building a hefty pension fund.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 13,882

I did, though not as much as Unknown, Non-Stop, Run All Night and Taken.

Busy man. He must be building a hefty pension fund.

Sadly he couldn't afford better parenting skills, given how many time his daughter gets kidnapped in these films. ;-)

I did, though not as much as Unknown, Non-Stop, Run All Night and Taken.

Run All Night and Non-Stop are my 2 favorite from those 4 films.
    EDIT: Double post.

Good to know RE: Marlowe.

I only recently got around to watching The Commuter, so i'm a little behind.
    It´s not easy to keep up with Neeson´s output these days :-)).