Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Outstanding - between this and Uncharted, I hope we see a bit of a resurgence of the adventure genre.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,686
    @Creasy47 @boldfinger @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @Shardlake

The next major Indonesian action flick is about to start production: Blood Rush.

The director describes this action/thriller as "a symphony of chaotic violence…. unlike anything that has come before."

The confirmed cast: Zack Lee (The Night Come for Us, The Raid 2), Sunny Pang (Headshot, The Night Comes for Us), Yayan Ruhian (Mad Dog in The Raid, John Wick 3), Nathan Jones (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Cecep Arif Rahman (The Raid 2).

The film is due for release in late 2020.

https://cityonfire.com/ranjeet-s-marwa-the-raid-4-blood-rush-zack-lee-sunny-pang-yayan-ruhian-the-night-comes-for-us/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In between "unlike anything that has come before" and with a cast like that, I'm more than ready for it.
    The director describes this action/thriller as "a symphony of chaotic violence…. unlike anything that has come before."
    That... is quite a bold statement. In fact, I´m having problems imagining what that might be, after the last ten years of Asian action films. Disemboweling aliens with toothpicks?

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,416
    Because of Corena Virus, it look like Dutch cinemas wil be closed til the end of March. This also count for Museums and concerts. Rijksmuseum en Van Gogh museum closed at 17.00 15 minutes a go.

Official statement from people in Denhaag was made 1-2 hours a go, events with more then 100 wil close doors.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,395
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/universal-trolls-world-tour-the-hunt-invisible-man-coronavirus-1203535541/

This is big. Immediate digital releases for some Universal films. "Trolls World Tour" "The Hunt" and "The Invisible Man".
    Damn, only four days away? That certainly feels unprecedented, hopefully more and more studios will begin doing this knowing how many people are in self-isolation and quarantine.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,686
    First poster for Time to Hunt:

The-Night-of-the-Hunter-TP.jpg

Set in the near future in an area filled with poverty. Joon-Seok wants to leave the city and start a new life. For that, he sets up a reckless crime plan. He enlists the help of three friends. Soon, these 4 men are chased by a mysterious man named Han.

Here's the main trailer for Time to Hunt:

Time to Hunt will be released world-wide on Netflix on April 10th, 2020.
    @DarthDimi @boldfinger @MajorDSmythe

Some good news in these difficult times: here's the first official look at Liam Neeson in the action/thriller The Honest Thief:

MV5-BOGJl-MTc5-Ym-Yt-Yj-Fl-Ni00-ZDJi-LWFh-NWMt-Mjc0-NDBj-OWNk-Nj-A1-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTA5-Nz-Ex-Nz-M1-V1.jpg

A bank robber tries to turn himself in because he's falling in love and wants to live an honest life...but when he realizes the Feds are more corrupt than him, he must fight back to clear his name.

And as a reminder:

Liam Neeson in the action/adventure film The Ice Road:

tx8v3vgia4i41.jpg

After a remote diamond mine collapses in the far northern regions of Canada, an ice driver leads an impossible rescue mission over a frozen ocean to save the lives of trapped miners despite thawing waters and a threat they never see coming.

And Liam Neeson in the action/thriller The Marksman (previously titled The Minuteman):

82966044-10156928294980817-4379518898362384384-o.jpg

A rancher on the Arizona border becomes the unlikely defender of a young Mexican boy desperately fleeing the cartel assassins who've pursued him into the U.S.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 5,767
    Not bad. It seems like streaming services will soon be synonymous with the name Liam Neeson :-).

Come to Daddy looks weird but still makes me curious.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @DarthDimi @boldfinger @MajorDSmythe

Some good news in these difficult times: here's the first official look at Liam Neeson in the action/thriller The Honest Thief:

MV5-BOGJl-MTc5-Ym-Yt-Yj-Fl-Ni00-ZDJi-LWFh-NWMt-Mjc0-NDBj-OWNk-Nj-A1-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTA5-Nz-Ex-Nz-M1-V1.jpg

A bank robber tries to turn himself in because he's falling in love and wants to live an honest life...but when he realizes the Feds are more corrupt than him, he must fight back to clear his name.

And as a reminder:

Liam Neeson in the action/adventure film The Ice Road:

tx8v3vgia4i41.jpg

After a remote diamond mine collapses in the far northern regions of Canada, an ice driver leads an impossible rescue mission over a frozen ocean to save the lives of trapped miners despite thawing waters and a threat they never see coming.

And Liam Neeson in the action/thriller The Marksman (previously titled The Minuteman):

82966044-10156928294980817-4379518898362384384-o.jpg

A rancher on the Arizona border becomes the unlikely defender of a young Mexican boy desperately fleeing the cartel assassins who've pursued him into the U.S.

The man just doesn't take a break.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 15,686
    First trailer for Greenland, starring Gerard Butler:

@Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger

The trailer posted above seems to have been deleted, so here's a working link:

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger

The trailer posted above seems to have been deleted, so here's a working link:

That actually looks quite good.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,686
    @CraigMooreOHMSS Yep, the effects look quite good for such a film (and I assume the budget isn't sky-high either). And Gerard Butler, despite his acting limitations, is a very dependable action-star to lead a film like this. Very charismatic.

Top Gun: Maverick has been delayed until December:

https://collider.com/top-gun-2-release-date-change-coronavirus/
    A good friend of mine who is a manager at a well known cinema chain is off for 2 months on half pay. This is going to last for longer than some people think?!
    A remake of The Night of the Hunter is in the works at Universal.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/night-of-the-hunter-remake-universal-1234573387/

Certainly plenty of action in that! :-bd
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/night-of-the-hunter-remake-universal-1234573387/

Whoa whoa whoa, what is this?

source.gif
    Now that I´ve seen the film with this trailer, I might as well see the film :-)). Nice camera angles.

• edited April 2020 Posts: 6,727

Whoa whoa whoa, what is this?

source.gif

Agreed. Sacrilege!
    Classic movie!
    I thought there was a remake already, with Richard Chamberlain??
    edited April 2020 Posts: 40,372
    Apparently this will be going straight to digital, as the company who acquired this is known for:

@MajorDSmythe It's finally here! ;-) The first trailer for The Debt Collectors 2: