Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can't wait.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,883
    bSEbOYE.jpg
    Sly isn't messing about. I'm expecting this to be good.
    A new picture from Dragged Across Concrete with Vince Vaugh and Mel Gibson:

bnn9u964dif11.jpg
    Those are two seriously charismatic dudes right there.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Wait, that's Vince Vaughn? When did this career metamorphosis take place?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I think it began with Hacksaw Ridge and I'm loving it. Anyone interested in this upcoming return pairing with him and director S. Craig Zahler has to check out Brawl in Cell Block 99 ASAP.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Roland Emmerich's big-budget war film Midway adds Aaron Eckhart, Dennis Quaid and Patrick Wilson, who are joining the already-confirmed Woody Harrelson and Luke Evans.
    Roland Emmerich's big-budget war film Midway adds Aaron Eckhart, Dennis Quaid and Patrick Wilson, who are joining the already-confirmed Woody Harrelson and Luke Evans.
    That´s already too many big names for one Emmerich film.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ELVIS PRESLEY 68 COMEBACK SPECIAL, the tv show, is showing in the local cinema next week on its 50th anniversary. Not sure if it s just here, or a wider phenomenon?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames You will like this:

New image of The Front Runner, the political biopic of US Senator Gary Hart:

716kh7gmxnf11.jpg

Starring Hugh Jackman, Vera Farmiga, JK Simmons.
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. Really looking forward to it, particularly with that cast.

What's up with these boy band members getting cast in WWII films lately?
    @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin

Iko Uwais talking about his 5 favorite action scenes, before Mile 22 arrives in cinemas next week:

edited August 2018 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

First official image of Outlaw King, the new film directed by David Mackenzie (Hell or High Water):

bovc634cauf11.jpg

The plot: An epic story about the legendary King of Scots, Robert the Bruce, and his battle to regain control of Scotland after he is declared an outlaw by the King of England for helping himself to the Scottish crown and creating civil war.

Starring: Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Stephen Dillane.

Release date: November 9, 2018 on Netflix.

New character posters for Bad Time at the El Royale:

mYsv2X3.jpg
    ynqIN0M.jpg
    NSYidN1.jpg
    nOGaff6.jpg
    sd4CSvh.jpg
    aA6YHx2.jpg
    1cFyYKr.jpg

There was also that role in True Detective season 2. A bit "meh" season, but Vaughn was one of the better things about it.

There was also that role in True Detective season 2. A bit "meh" season, but Vaughn was one of the better things about it.

I felt everyone was wasted in that season thanks to the cringey dialogue.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I felt everyone was wasted in that season thanks to the cringey dialogue.

Dialogue certainly wasn't one of the best things about that season! I think there's a new season in production now. Different story and actors, of course.
    Yep, slated for release next year. It's a much better looking cast and it sounds like they've learned from their mistakes of the prior season, so hopefully they can knock it out of the park much like the first season.
    That looks fantastic, figured their chemistry would be on point.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Neill Blomkamp Wants Peter Weller For His RoboCop Sequel

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/screenrant.com/neill-blomkamp-robocop-returns-sequel-cast-peter-weller/amp/

This has to happen
    Yep, slated for release next year. It's a much better looking cast and it sounds like they've learned from their mistakes of the prior season, so hopefully they can knock it out of the park much like the first season.

Hadn't read any more than that the season had been confirmed and the setting, actually. Reading through the names, I've only heard of Stephen Dorff and Mahershala Ali; the rest are unfamiliar names.
  • peterpeter Toronto

These two are about to get nominated again-- that looks amazing.... And Viggo wins Best Supporting Actor.

@Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

Hard Powder, the latest action/thriller with Liam Neeson in the lead role, has been confirmed for a big screen release on February 8, 2019.

The plot: Liam Neeson plays Nels Coxman, a local snowplow operator recently named Citizen of the Year of his small Colorado ski town for keeping the roads open through the winter. Nels’ quiet life with his wife (Laura Dern) abruptly spins out of control when their son is unjustly murdered by a local drug cartel. Taking the law into his own hands with only the tools of an outdoorsman and snowplow driver, Nels sets out to find those responsible but inadvertently ignites a gang war that threatens to engulf the town- unless he ends it first.
    Hard Powder, the latest action/thriller with Liam Neeson in the lead role, has been confirmed for a big screen release on February 8, 2019.

The plot: Liam Neeson plays Nels Coxman, a local snowplow operator recently named Citizen of the Year of his small Colorado ski town for keeping the roads open through the winter. Nels’ quiet life with his wife (Laura Dern) abruptly spins out of control when their son is unjustly murdered by a local drug cartel. Taking the law into his own hands with only the tools of an outdoorsman and snowplow driver, Nels sets out to find those responsible but inadvertently ignites a gang war that threatens to engulf the town- unless he ends it first.
    Awesome! Great to read that Liam is back to give us his patented brand of badassery. That will be my trip to the theatre during cold Feb.
    I'll be watching this for sure. It's good to see Viggo back in action.
    Girl Power! I'm there for Elizabeth Debicki.

That´s a Remake of the Skandinavian film with Stellan Skarsgard, isn´t it.

@boldfinger It is a remake of In Order of Disappearance with Stellan Skarsgard and Bruno Ganz. Neeson's version will focus on the action thriller aspect, removing the lighter elements of the original.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I had forgotten about that one. Come to think of it, I still need to pick up The Commuter.

I had forgotten about that one. Come to think of it, I still need to pick up The Commuter.

I saw that one recently. Found it enjoyable. If you like Neeson you'll like the movie for sure.

In the tradition of Bryan Mills and Bill Marks, I wish Neeson played someone with a name like Brady Myers or something.

I have no complaints otherwise.
    David Leitch rumored to be in early talks to return for Deadpool 3:

https://www.cbr.com/rumor-leitch-directing-deadpool-3/