Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks very very good. Campbell is still clearly more than capable.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I like it. Sort of has an old school 90s flavour to it. I'm reminded of Patriot Games and the like.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Christ, I'm so ready for this movie. One of the few I need to see opening weekend for the rest of the year.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Foreigner looks fantastic! Can't wait for this film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    They took the knife away from Chan? Clearly they are unaware that between Chan and the knife, the knife would cause less damage.
    Alan Arkin joins the live-action version of 'Dumbo':

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dumbo-alan-arkin-disney-tim-burton-1202531116/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Filming for the crime/gangster revenge flick Dragged Across Concrete has started. The film stars Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Carpenter, Michael Jai White, Don Johnson and Udo Kier.

The plot: Two policemen, one an old-timer (Gibson), the other his volatile younger partner (Vaughn), who find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics become the media's cause du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.

20838680_125121361453440_3902339553511342080_n.jpg
    20837455_334235127025756_3951815794349834240_n.jpg
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Is Mel back in Hollywood's good books again? It's about time. Vaughn and he have a lot of charisma so it should be entertaining at least.
    First I thought that´s Burt Reynolds on the first foto. Then I saw the arms, and then I saw it´s Mel Gibson. And then I saw the second foto and felt dumb.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    First I thought that´s Burt Reynolds on the first foto.
    Have you seen Burt lately? It's not looking good.
    I wasn´t sure at all if he´s still alive?
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I wasn´t sure at all if he´s still alive?
    Barely, I think.
    I'm not sure how his health has been, but yes, Burt hasn't been looking too good these past couple of years. Very sad.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

First stills of the new South Korean gangster/crime film Criminal City. It is based on the true story of a gang turf war in 2007, involving a gangster organization of ethnic Koreans living in China that had 'business' on South Korean soil.

DG2STOdUMAAeDVY.jpg:large
    Richard Roundtree and Samuel L. Jackson will reprise in 'Son of Shaft,' starring Jessie P. Usher:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/jessie-p-usher-son-of-shaft-samuel-jackson-tim-story-richard-roundtree-1202151784/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Awesome!! :D
    Really enjoyed the first one. I wish they hadn't killed Bale or Wright's characters. I would love to see them return.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the first one. I wish they hadn't killed Bale or Wright's characters. I would love to see them return.
    You mean the fourth one, @bondjames. ;)
    Yes @ClarkDevlin. My mistake. Can you believe I've not seen the 70's films? I must get to that at some point.
    Yes @ClarkDevlin. My mistake. Can you believe I've not seen the 70's films? I must get to that at some point.
    No worries, mate. :D I watched the first two thoroughly two years ago after having seen them ten years prior, but still haven't gotten to the third in a manner I'd remember. My memory of it is very vague. I've got to say I loved the first two and the 2000 follow-up.
    No worries, mate. :D I watched the first two thoroughly two years ago after having seen them ten years prior, but still haven't gotten to the third in a manner I'd remember. My memory of it is very vague. I've got to say I loved the first two and the 2000 follow-up.
    I'll try to get a hold of them online. I've got to see the 2000 film again soon too. Bale and Wright are superb in it, especially the latter.
    I'll try to get a hold of them online. I've got to see the 2000 film again soon too. Bale and Wright are superb in it, especially the latter.
    Oh definitely! Bale felt like was reprising his role as the American Pyscho in this. And Wright... a brilliant actor... You could have never thought this guy could be a very decent and sophisticated Felix Leiter.

First stills of the new South Korean gangster/crime film Criminal City. It is based on the true story of a gang turf war in 2007, involving a gangster organization of ethnic Koreans living in China that had 'business' on South Korean soil.

DG2STOdUMAAeDVY.jpg:large

Gimme gimme gimme!

1st reviews for Tom Cruise's American Made are touting the film as 'Narcos' meets 'Mission Impossible'', resulting in a highly entertaining film.
    I'm there, Day One! :D

Sorry for the lack of subtitles, but this looks like another fantastic performance from Vincent Cassel in Gauguin: Voyage de Tahiti :

I'm there, Day One! :D

Yes, sir!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Sorry for the lack of subtitles, but this looks like another fantastic performance from Vincent Cassel in Gauguin: Voyage de Tahiti :

Looks good.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,461
    Beautiful cinematography. I need to go down Cassel's filmography and just pick and choose whatever, because he rarely seems to do dull films.

EDIT: First plot synopsis for 'Glass':

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3454164/heres-official-plot-synopsis-m-night-shyamalans-glass/