Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• edited February 2012 Posts: 9,767
    well i was gonna read the novels first but Ludlum is so so dry. Ok descriptions are good but Ludlum is over kill in my book sorry. Then I played the video game and the controls were shotty and the game felt bland So I figured dry books dry game why waste time on films that will probably be dry. Next time one is on tv I'll try and check it out promise.

and Mars is dry right now but It's not bad ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    well i was gonna read the novels first but Ludlum is so so dry. Ok descriptions are good but Ludlum is over kill in my book sorry. Then I played the video game and the controls were shotty and the game felt bland So I figured dry books dry game why waste time on films that will probably be dry. Next time one is on tv I'll try and check it out promise.

and Mars is dry right now but It's not bad ;)

You're letting a book and a game come between cinematic brilliance?! The first book is brilliant, but the 2nd and 3rd are utter disappointments that are too complex and never get on track for me. The game is brilliant, a real gem minus the crappy camera/aiming/movement mechanic. I enjoyed going to past missions pre-Identity, and you have to admit, the boss battles were epic as all hell!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm sure many already know but Bay will return for Transformers 4 due for release on 29th June 2014. :((

I agree Samuel. Michael needs to get his talentless butt out of the directing business. He's stinking up the place.

He delivers a certain product that is well received by a large group of folks that seem to enjoy it a lot. To call him talentless would be a stupid thing to say. He is the best in his genre of movies.
    If youy were to say you sincerely dislike the TF movies I would agree with you, but that said he does them very well or So I've heard.

;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2012 Posts: 28,694
    SaintMark wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm sure many already know but Bay will return for Transformers 4 due for release on 29th June 2014. :((

I agree Samuel. Michael needs to get his talentless butt out of the directing business. He's stinking up the place.

He delivers a certain product that is well received by a large group of folks that seem to enjoy it a lot. To call him talentless would be a stupid thing to say. He is the best in his genre of movies.
    If youy were to say you sincerely dislike the TF movies I would agree with you, but that said he does them very well or So I've heard.

;)

"Or so you've heard"?! How can you criticize me when you haven't even watched them?! And calling Bay the best in his genre is an absolute slap in the face to actual talented directors that know how to make a film. Go the TF films yourself instead of criticizing. You won't make it through the second one. TRUST ME.
    crying-236x300.jpg
  • SaintMark wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

;)

"Or so you've heard"?! How can you criticize me when you haven't even watched them?! And calling Bay the best in his genre is an absolute slap in the face to actual talented directors that know how to make a film. Go the TF films yourself instead of criticizing. You won't make it through the second one. TRUST ME.
    crying-236x300.jpg

Bay's genre seems to be mindless action. And I'm a big fan of films with tons of action and crappy plots, they're kind of guilty pleasures, but even I think transformers is crap. The best in the genre is sylvester stallone because of the expendables.
    I did suffer through the first one, even saw the second one in cinema and have succesfully managed to block any coherent memories about this movie. Refused to go to the 3rd movie with my kids. And their mother not of the scifi/fantasy persuasion wasn't either willing to go with them to the cinema.

I did like his Armegeddon, Bad boys & Pearl Harbor. I absolutely think that "The Rock" is one of the greatest actioners of all time.

I find his recent movie showing a lack of fantasy them being all sequels with the exception of the Island. But the man does what he does best big action and big explosions. I would not mind him doing some downscaled movies, I'd be curious how he is as a director then.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    23 February 2012

This Means War. From the studio & writer that brings you Mrs and Mrs Smith and the directer of Charlie's Angels 1&2 and Terminator 4.

ThieMeansWarPoster.jpg

(16+) Safe House. With Denzel Washington (Man on Fire, Dejavu), Brendon Gleeson (Mi2, Harry Potter 4) and Ryan Reynolds (The Green Lantern, X-men 3.)

safehouse.jpg

(16+) The Woman in Black. With Daniel Radcliffe in a horror movie. The movie is R-rated so wil this movie get any change.

4f3057e925b12.preview-300.jpg

1 March 2012

Man On A Ledge. Sam Worthington.

Young Adult. Official Dutch release date whas set for 23 March, but release date is pushed back to a earlier release date.

(16+) Project X
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 5,745
    New Prometheus promo ((((((:::::::

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33262

I thought it was the best piece of writing since The Dark Knight (in the clip) and it turns out.. it won't even be in the film!!!! It was directed by Scott's son, too! Wha?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,894

Looks like it might be more fun than the previous film. :D
    SaintMark wrote:
    I did suffer through the first one, even saw the second one in cinema and have succesfully managed to block any coherent memories about this movie. Refused to go to the 3rd movie with my kids. And their mother not of the scifi/fantasy persuasion wasn't either willing to go with them to the cinema.

I did like his Armegeddon, Bad boys & Pearl Harbor. I absolutely think that "The Rock" is one of the greatest actioners of all time.

I find his recent movie showing a lack of fantasy them being all sequels with the exception of the Island. But the man does what he does best big action and big explosions. I would not mind him doing some downscaled movies, I'd be curious how he is as a director then.

wait he did that??? ok so there is ONE micheal bay film I like then
  • is it me or does this look awesome - Hulk Smash - yeah!!! I've turned into a fanboy:

SaintMark wrote:

What you don't like the Rock?

O:-)
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What you don't like the Rock?

O:-)

Forgot about that. OK 2.
    The Rock was saved by Sean Connery. Anyone else in the role and the film would have sunk. We all know it's true deep down inside.
    Neighbourhood Watch

Looks like it could be fun for a change.

The poster looks good.
    http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18472965.html
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    MIB3 Trailer #2

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Much better than the first trailer, I may watch it now - perhaps.
    I dunno the first one was ok the second one was silly but now Maybe it's a rental at best.
  • tqbtqb
    i love men in black! Though the 2nd wasn't the best- it was fun. This looks much better.
    New trailers for Ice Age 4

http://animatie.blog.nl/trailers/2012/03/05/eerste-trailer-voor-ice-age-continental-drift

First one also be on youtube..

I want an Ice Age to surprise us all and at the end of it all have Manny, Sid, and Diego meet the baby boy Roshan from the first film all grown up. I have wanted to see that happen since the first film!
    I want an Ice Age to surprise us all and at the end of it all have Manny, Sid, and Diego meet the baby boy Roshan from the first film all grown up. I have wanted to see that happen since the first film!

I'm surprised that they came up with a fourth!!
    Well it wouldn´t be a surprise anymore if you already thought of it ;-) .

• boldfinger wrote:

i'm surprised that your surprised.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    boldfinger wrote:

i'm surprised that your surprised.

I'm just saying that when the series ends(in Hollywood one can't tell for sure), that would be a fitting end in my eyes. Or they meet the kid grown up and fight alongside him and find out at the end that he is Roshan. Just shootin' the breeze folks. I'd be happy to write the script. ;)
    Remember with other trailers, since 16 February 2012

Hugo

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Since 8 March:

Contraband. Marc AND Robert Whalberg, Kate Beckinsale and J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man)

(16+) The Grey. Starring Liam Neeson. From the directer of The A-team movie.

John Carter. From the directer of Finding Nemo and Wall-E. Starring Taylor Kitsch, Dominic West (Johnny English 2), Willem Dafoe (Speed 2, Spider-Man), Ciarán Hinds (Tomb Raider 2), Thomas Haden Church (Spider-Man 3.), James Purefoy and Mark Strong.

15 March:

Chronicle.

(16+) Black Gold. Starring Antonio Banderas and Mark Strong.

Big Miracle. Official plan for 1 March, but delayd. Starring Drew Barrymore.

Wanderlust. Belgium release date is in May. Jennifer Aniston & Paul Dudd.

To make hunger to the 21 March movies, ..

The Hunger Games (Wednesday 21 March in Dutch & Belgium cinemas, Friday 23 March Uk/VS.)

boldfinger wrote:
    Neighbourhood Watch

Looks like it could be fun for a change.

The poster looks good.
    http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18472965.html

Guy of the IT crowd, and ben stiller. And its co-written by seth rogen. Yep, I'll be seeing this.
    Remember:

qxvxihihsu.jpg

In Amsterdam Pathe The Munt ''The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'' is still running at 15.45 today, tomorrow, 27 and 28 March 2012.

man-on-ledge-385x240.jpg
    Man On A Ledge. Since 1 March

Contraband. Since 8 March..

Contraband.jpg

Since 21 March

The Hunger Games

TheWorldofTheHungerGames.jpg

Since 22 March.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Starring Judi Dench

bestexoticmarigoldhotel.jpg

Quiz. Dutch movie from Dick Maas, the directer of Flodder and Sint.

Intouchables. France movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/
    Dutch subs
    English subs

29 March:

Haywire. From the directer and composer of Ocean's 11,12 and 13 and writer of The Score. Starring Antonio Banderas, Michael Douglas, Ewan McGregor. Wil this be the famale Bourne ? with Gina Carano. Steven Soderbergh not only direct the movie he also doing the cinematopgraphy and editing.

Wrath of the Titans aka Clash of the Titans 2
    People who be disapointed in QOS be 106 minutes, this sequel be 99 minutes. Sam Worthington (Man On The Ledge) and Liam Neeson (The Grey)

5 April

Take Shelter
    In Belgium already since 1 Februari.

Titanic 3D. Titanic is back.. Wil the movie go back to the number 1 position after Avatar beat the movie.

11 April

Dr-Seuss-The-Lorax-Movie-poster.jpg

The Lorax. From the creaters of Despicable Me. Original release plan to be for 6 April, but delayd.

12 April

The Company Men. Starring Tommy Lee Jones (MIB 3), Kevin Costner and Ben Afleck.

Head Hunters. Norwegian/Danish movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989/
    Dutch Subs
    Another trailer with English voice-over/subs