GoldenEye: Tribute - DVD & Blu-ray fan trailer

edited September 2014 in Fan Creations Posts: 23

I know, in this period we should be celebrating Goldfinger 50th anniversary... so why did you make a GoldenEye DVD & Blu-ray fan trailer then?!?

First of all, I am a huge GoldenEye fan and I have always wanted to create a small teaser trailer/tribute for this film. Time does not really matter for me: it was a thing I wanted to do it and I did it.
Moreover, I think GoldenEye is an iconic motion picture, a very well done one, a classic 007 adventure. Without it, we would not had a modern take on Fleming's creation, not even a glimpse of Daniel Craig portrayal. The 17th Bond flick was essential to resurrect the series - after the ending of the Cold War. It was a way to say that we will always need 007 to take care of all the bad guys around the world. We could not have only rough American superheroes: we needed someone more brilliant, more resourceful, more witty, more classy... we needed someone like James Bond! GoldenEye used a lot of the "Goldfinger formula" and it succeed in bringing back the character we have been in love with since 1962. I would say it is a modern Goldfinger, just in a different time.
The film spawned also a whole new level of 007 fandom, which was created by the video game, based on this motion picture. I know that official James Bond games existed before 1997, but GoldenEye 007 on the Nintendo 64 started a new kind of big budget video game productions. Unfortunately - after the recent failure of Activision's attempts - the genre seems to be dead.
There are many good reasons to be celebrating Goldfinger 50th anniversary and there are indeed many good reasons to be celebrating GoldenEye success as well.

Last but not least, Thomas Waldek - a very talented editor - is working with my dear friend Yannick "GoldenZen" Zenhäusern on a Goldfinger tribute trailer. They are both remarkable professionals and I did not want to compete with them.

I did something different, I hope you will enjoy it.

GoldenEye is available to own on DVD. Blu-ray and several forms of digital delivery.
The footage was extracted from the James Bond 50th anniversary Blu-ray collection.
The music was ripped from the From Russia With Love video game score, mission 12: "Factory".

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Well done!

I love Tom Waldek's opus! Absolutely amazing...
  • Thank you very much! :D

I can't wait to see Tom's complete trailer as well.