Pacific Rim (2013 - present)

2»

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    It's been awhile since this topic was brought up. There has been quite a bit of new news involving the film.

- The sequel has a new title, Pacific Rim: Uprising and it's slated for a 2018 release date.

- It has a new director, Steven S. DeKnight.

- It has new writers that are using a stroy by Guillermo Del Toro.

- John Boyega, from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is one of the main characters.

- Charlie Day is returning as Dr. Newton Geiszler.

Here are some pics of the new Jagers and a photo or concept art of Boyega.

Pacific-Rim-Uprising-Jaegers-1-700x449.jpg

xpacificrim_uprising.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bIEl1SGs7i.jpg

17.jpg
    The new trailer drop a few days ago for Pacific Rim: Uprising!
    New posters for the upcoming sequel have been released.

22050980_1549622481770710_3663599334077133781_o.jpg
    Pacificrim2-poster.jpg
    Pacific-Rim-Uprising-1-600x950.jpg
    I really loved the first film,i hope they dont cock up the sequel !
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The first film is good though not that interested in the sequel due to Guillermo del Toro not directing, I'll wait for the Bluray
    My young step son asked me whether Universal would go for a mash up in the future where Pacific Rim meets the Monsterverse aka Godzilla, Kong..........etc. Seeing as they own both franchises? I said unlikely but I would never rule anything out when it comes to movie makers!
    The first film is good though not that interested in the sequel due to Guillermo del Toro not directing, I'll wait for the Bluray

That's fine. However I encourage you to at least wait for the first full trailer before deciding that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I feel bad for del Toro. No matter what he attaches himself to project-wise, whether it's a film or video game, something always happens to stop him from creating it. He's cursed. He must be.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am still bitter we won't get a third Del Torro Hellboy film with Pearlman

Seconded!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I feel the same pain. Especially when the film was going to deal with Hellboy conclusively facing his destiny as an object of cataclysm.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I feel the same pain. Especially when the film was going to deal with Hellboy conclusively facing his destiny as an object of cataclysm.

The second film set that up well, a real shame the studio were not brave enough to help fulfill Del Torro's vision

The second film set that up well, a real shame the studio were not brave enough to help fulfill Del Torro's vision

I'm not a massive fan of #2 in relation to the first film, but there's nothing worse than an unfinished trilogy and vision.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DLYdwOpVwAECv8G.jpg
    DLYdwOoV4AIBrdY.jpg
    DLYdwOnUQAEYuQh.jpg
    DLYdwOrUMAALNFI.jpg
    Is Boyega playing a young version of Idris' character or that man's son in this?
    Is Boyega playing a young version of Idris' character or that man's son in this?

I never thought of that...I presume its a son as the pictures seem to show more modern machines than the original.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

It's likely the latter, unless he's just an original character. Some new interactive website confirms the sequel takes place one decade after the first one:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-pacific-rim-uprising-apos-172700357.html
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Looks more like a Transformers sequel or spin-off than it does a sequel to Pacific Rim.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Looks more like a Transformers sequel or spin-off than it does a sequel to Pacific Rim.

Greasy, that was exactly what I was thinking.
    Mix of Transformers and Power Rangers
    edited October 2017 Posts: 45,489
    I loved the first. Probably going to see it just because o that.

That's an even more apt description. The first one was OK to me but largely forgettable. At least it seemed to have its own style, but this one looks wayyy too colorful and bright for me to think anything other than it simply looks like a Transformers movie.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The first film was dire I will be passing on this.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's an even more apt description. The first one was OK to me but largely forgettable. At least it seemed to have its own style, but this one looks wayyy too colorful and bright for me to think anything other than it simply looks like a Transformers movie.

Transformers film are a guilty pleasure for me though Pacific Rim 2 looks way too cartoon, I liked the first because of Del Torro there were some decent creative choices with some of the action.
    I'm looking forward to the sequel. I can see how some are saying it looks like a Transformers movie but imo it looks a thousand times better. You can actually tell what's going on in the action scenes.
    2iux2.jpg
    In the end, I didn t bother seeing the sequel. Who did?