What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Quantum89 wrote:
    If anyone should get a turn it's The Killers. They would rock the socks off a Bond song.

Yes, I'd imagine they would. Good choice!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    My top choice would be Chris Cornell again, because I love You Know My Name.

I personally hope that they won't ask Adele to return for Bond 24; she's just done Skyfall, and doing two in a row would sound repetitive. However, I'd really welcome her back for, like Bond 27 or Bond 28, since Skyfall is one of my favourite Bond themes, and Adele's voice is really good.
    Benny wrote:
    It might be seen as following in the footsteps of Adele, but I'm going to nominate the hugely talented Idina Menzel
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idina_Menzel
    Idina_Menzel.jpg

Amazing voice she has. Though she may be too similar to Adele, to be considered.

Yes, because the first choice I want for a Bond theme is "Let it Go".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Seeing that Bond was finally revealed to be a drug abuser in Skyfall, and that they will carry over themes from that film:

• Ellie Goulding
    Listening to the Chris Evens breakfast show Friday morning to hear guest David Arnold. The other guest was Sophie Ellis Bextor who did a fantastic rendition of Nobody Does It Better at the end of the show. I think she would do a great job on a Bond title track.
    dragonsky wrote:
    I seriously can't find the "Theme song" discussion so I'll post here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYNUg5j7tr0&feature=share

If there ever was a non-Bond song that screamed Bond that is definitely this one.

Are there any rumours about Caro Emerald and B24 ?

To quote myself: Caro Emerald. If not Adele, Caro for sure !
  • I've been discovering a lot of new music recently and came across a band called The Green Children. The lead singer, Milla Sunde, I can definitely imagine doing a Bond song! Listen to them perform "We Can Love Again" and "Possessed."

• Michael Bublé.
    I agree! I love "Feeling good", one of my favourite songs! :)

• edited April 2014 Posts: 368
    Ivy Quainoo would be very nice, too.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

As much as I personally enjoy the song I think it's a cliché of Bond song with no individuality.

@TrueMiracle85 always good to see you here my friend. I didn't know this band but will definitely check it out as I always do with whatever you recomend :D The song is very nice but I think the producers will go with a big name again.

Just a couple of names popping up in my head at the moment are Paloma Faith, Arctic Monkeys, Emeli Sandé and Imagine Dragons (very impressed with them lately).
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 368
    Sandy wrote:
    As much as I personally enjoy the song I think it's a cliché of Bond song with no individuality.
    I actually agree with you... ;)
    Sandy wrote:
    Just a couple of names popping up in my head at the moment are Paloma Faith, Arctic Monkeys, Emeli Sandé and Imagine Dragons (very impressed with them lately).
    Imagine Dragons would be very nice! I really like them...

• @Sandy Hi! Always good to be here! :) Yeah, I discovered them through this website called amoeba.com along with a lot of other great bands. Believe it or not I still haven't bought Paloma Faith's new album (I know, right?!) but I will check out the others you mentioned as well. Anticipating Lykke Li's new album in May! Always a candidate for a Bond song!
  • Sandy wrote:

@TrueMiracle85 always good to see you here my friend. I didn't know this band but will definitely check it out as I always do with whatever you recomend :D The song is very nice but I think the producers will go with a big name again.

That's actually an interesting observation. I've noticed that a lot of the suggestions we here for songs and musicians sound like exactly that, cliches of Bond songs. Especially when you hear the ones that the musicians submit themselves for candidacy. In a weird way they sound so much like Bond songs that they'd actually make terrible Bond songs. When you think about the great title songs throughout the past 50 years, very few of them actually sound like the "generic Bond sound," so it's kind of interesting that that's what we tend to look for when looking for potential artists. I think the mosst important thing is finding artists who understand the essence that the song must capture, while making it their own and keeping things fresh.
    Hooverphonic. This song even got the theme in it. (if they have been proposed before, I'm sorry)

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Not trolling, THIS sounds like a classic Bond song. If you have difficulties with a transvestite singing, close your eyes and just listen to the song.

I know plenty of women with beards like that. ;-)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    ;) :O
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Conchita Wurst: Ripped the piano from Skyfall, the rest is forgettable kitsch. As someone said: If it already sounds too much like a Bond song, it should never become one.
    Well, it won't, will it? Actually what I like most about this entry, is that it upsets the homophic Russian politics, who claimed to ban this song and this artist. And what upsets Putin and his compatriots, is always a good thing IMO. :bz :ar! B-) ;)
    Sandy wrote:

That's actually an interesting observation. I've noticed that a lot of the suggestions we here for songs and musicians sound like exactly that, cliches of Bond songs. Especially when you hear the ones that the musicians submit themselves for candidacy. In a weird way they sound so much like Bond songs that they'd actually make terrible Bond songs. When you think about the great title songs throughout the past 50 years, very few of them actually sound like the "generic Bond sound," so it's kind of interesting that that's what we tend to look for when looking for potential artists. I think the mosst important thing is finding artists who understand the essence that the song must capture, while making it their own and keeping things fresh.

I never thought I would see a contribution for THE VOICE OF GERMANY here.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I know plenty of women with beards like that. ;-)
    Glad to see that there is another member of the Kenny Everett appreciation society on these boards.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I think everyone knows here how much I champion Paloma Faith for a Bond song, even before SF in fact. I'm a big fan of hers and I've become slightly obsessed with one of her new songs. I saw the video today and I couldn't help wondering how Bondian it looks.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    I'm still holding out for Michael Bublé to take on a Bond theme. His music has often shown inspirations from Bond music of the past, and it's about time he gets to make an official tune for the Craig era.

For your consideration (videos in spoiler tag):

He can do everything from the soft, romantic tunes of Matt Monro to the loud and brassy ones of Tom Jones.

The problem is, he's just a housewives favourite. I just can't see it happening, ever. The marketing guys would be loathe to use him, unless B24's release was shifted to Mothers Day and they could cash in on that market.

Last time I checked, I wasn't a housewife. On a serious note, he's a "favorite" in a lot of areas, so I don't see how he's a bad marketing choice, especially since the Mendes helmed Craig films have appeared to be going for a classic feel in touch with early Bond, which Bublé embodies in his music and his style.

Perhaps it's different in the US, I'm speaking purely from UK perspective. I think people would see any recording of his as a pastiche of the 60's tunes. I don't mind the guy, he does what he does really well, but I can't see EON going down that route. Adele was a huge coup, but I imagine following up with the Bubble would fall a bit flat for most, this side of the Atlantic.

It's the same in the US. Buble appeals to older women.
    P J Harvey, anyone?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,890
    P J Harvey, anyone?
    Most definitely. Good call. :)>-
    Or Nick Cave. Has never been an Aussie Bond performer. He could do real well. Huge fan here.
    Or Nick Cave. Has never been an Aussie Bond performer. He could do real well. Huge fan here.
    Most definitely. Good call. :)>-
    David Bowie or Kate Bush. Old dogs new tracks.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,890
    Anon wrote:
    David Bowie or Kate Bush. Old dogs new tracks.
    Nice choices! Not surprisingly, they still have what it takes. I love both artist pretty equally, but I get more of a kick out of Kate's vocals. A 'kick inside', if you will ;)
This discussion has been closed.