What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    My choices are Florence and the Machine or Jorja Smith :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,267
    Lee Fields & The Expressions

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I'd like The Killers. Lissie would be my choice in an ideal world, but she's just not high profile enough for the gig.
    I reckon we need some neo-soul for this one.
    Someone like Miguel.
    It's got to be Lana Del Rey for me.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I've always felt like The Killers would be a great choice. They're basically the modern day Duran Duran and immensely popular in the UK despite being from Las Vegas. They're also my favourite band, which may bias me a little bit.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I'm open to everything expect another neomelodic ballad.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    matt_u wrote: »
    I'm open to everything expect another neomelodic ballad.

+1
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    Another reason I can't wait for Craig to leave the role is that he is now reportedly voicing his choice of Ed Sheeran for the theme. Really? Out of all of the sensual and talented voices out there like Bassey, Sade, Seal, or Allison Moyet, he would like Sheeran because his daughter listens to him and he appeals to a younger audience? Give me a freaking break! To me, Sheeran has no lasting value and is yesterday's "management" project.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343
    OOWolf wrote: »
    Another reason I can't wait for Craig to leave the role is that he is now reportedly voicing his choice of Ed Sheeran for the theme. Really? Out of all of the sensual and talented voices out there like Bassey, Sade, Seal, or Allison Moyet, he would like Sheeran because his daughter listens to him and he appeals to a younger audience? Give me a freaking break! To me, Sheeran has no lasting value and is yesterday's "management" project.

With a supercool guy like Fukunaga helming the project, do you really believe this rumor? Do you remember the music being used in the Jamaica video? Those guys helming the film are not going to hire someone like Sheeran. They are too cool and too alternative.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited July 2019 Posts: 1,006
    matt_u wrote: »

With a supercool guy like Fukunaga helming the project, do you really believe this rumor? Do you remember the music being used in the Jamaica video? Those guys helming the film are not going to hire someone like Sheeran. They are too cool and too alternative.

I believe the word is hipster 😉
    (and yes I agree bc hipsters generally have excellent taste in music)
    But Sheeran sells to the younger audience in massive amounts.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    With the strings and all, this is already a pretty good Bond Song.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,436
    Gabbie Hanna. American.

This one is very SF and Spectre. Some score later sound like track from Skyfall, i think Tennyson. The scene of M speach/court scene. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoa9Y1DGzYQ , Daniel Kleiman mabey be fan of this one (Tomorrow Never Dies Diamonds)

Singer can come from every corner, my doubt is that she is a youtuber.

But her black / White look/art design looks very nice.

82246faddae1531137f97bea045c84c2.jpg

38989710_1661426777302953_1598188576728678400_n.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade

Unfortunately Bassey, Sade, Seal or Moyet are way past their sell-by date. I am not saying that they are not brilliant anymore (OK, maybe a little less than they used to be), but they are yesterday's artists. The song will be sung by an excellent musician that right now has lots of attention in social media and can sell out mega-events. Ed Sheeran is an excellent musician, a modest character and rather likeable to many people.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ryan wrote: »
    I've always felt like The Killers would be a great choice. They're basically the modern day Duran Duran and immensely popular in the UK despite being from Las Vegas. They're also my favourite band, which may bias me a little bit.

The Killers aren't my favourite but I agree they'd probably be a good choice.

Personally I'd love John Grant to do one, but I guess he's not big enough. Broken Bells or just Dangermouse would be great.
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    edited July 2019 Posts: 1,334
    Lana Del Rey. Her whole catalog sounds like it was made for a Bond score.
    If I got to choose, The Rolling Stones would be awesome, I can’t believe they haven’t done it yet.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @00Agent And this one

And guys Jorja has British and Jamaican heritage. She'd be perfect for this film :)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think DC wanting Sheeran is tabloid BS.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Kimbra would make for a great Bond song. I'd also be happy with Adele returning.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I think DC wanting Sheeran is tabloid BS.

Must be. I thought he had good taste in music. Didn't he like Radiohead, Rolling Stones,... Doesn't sound like a bloke who'd appreciate Sheeran. Just saying.

• Have you guys heard this? It's such a good song. Iggy Pop just released it this week.

• Have you guys heard this? It's such a good song. Iggy Pop just released it this week.

It's great, but then I'm a huge Iggy fan!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Oh my god, those lyrics are terrible!
  • Walecs wrote: »
    Oh my god, those lyrics are terrible!

Bond songs, with few exceptions, have never been known for their wonderful lyrics.

I think Iggy could should do a wonderful Thunderball style ballad for Bond 25.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 92
    So I have an old-school suggestion. These guys are still active, released this last year and as I was hearing those brass stabs, I couldn't help but think these guys would work well in the Bond world.
    B-)

[url="
    Oh god no to Ed Sheeran please.
This discussion has been closed.