What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

NO rockballads as they generally suck, the last brilliant one in the Bond series was the Paul McCarthy song and he is a genius when it comes to music. And it also bonded very well with the rest of the soundtrack. And is still a classic and everybody knows to what movie it belongs.
    Does YKMN count as rock? If so I'd say it's one of the best Bond songs - definitely of the post 89 era.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Does YKMN count as rock? If so I'd say it's one of the best Bond songs - definitely of the post 89 era.

I'd say it does and it is. Except for ADTD I pretty much loved all the Craig era songs. Didn't like the voice for TWOTW, but the song itself was very good.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2018 Posts: 7,954
    It has it’s faults, but I like AWTD ; it’s edgy and fits the disjointed place Bond is in following the death of Vesper.
    I loath TWOTW with a passion for two reasons, Sam Smith’s weak, pleading, needy vocal and the fact that this sniffling song is presented from Bond’s point of view; that is not Bond!
    Succinctly well put @talos7. You've summed up exactly the reason why I dislike TWOTW too.
    If Buble' never does a Bond thme, it will be a waste of talent and fans will look back in decades to come and wonder why it never happened. There are so few singers with his classic style of voice. He just needs a great songwriter.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Lady Gaga has to be the obvious choice.

Unless Fukunaga has some more idiosyncratic choices in mind.

He strikes me as someone who likes his music and I expect him to have strong views on the sound he wants. I very much doubt he'd accept elevator music like Newman's SF score.

I think Gaga is too big.

I’m thinking SIA.
    Have you guys listened to Egypt Station? Paul McCartney is still the man for the job.

Or...Noel Gallagher, with something like this:
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Maybe some death metal would be appropriate?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Univex wrote: »
    Have you guys listened to Egypt Station? Paul McCartney is still the man for the job.

Or...Noel Gallagher, with something like this:

I saw Noel earlier this year ; it was a great show.
    Based on this song alone , he should be asked to submit a song.

Not bad. Would have been better with Liam's vocal
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I'd like an Oasis reunion to happen soon and have them for Bond 25. Both Liam and Noel on vocals.
    Not bad. Would have been better with Liam's vocal
    Remington wrote: »
    I'd like an Oasis reunion to happen soon and have them for Bond 25. Both Liam and Noel on vocals.

A big YES to both of these posts!

Liam could do it as a solo act too, of course!
  • 077077 ny
    Lana Del Rey!!!
    I love that song, and album from Liam. He would put swagger back into the title track. Craig should go out the way Chris Cornell
    Introduced him, with bravado.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 6,677
    That would be absolutely brilliant!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited December 2018 Posts: 1,884
    Dua Lipa has recorded "Swan Song" for an upcoming film - just not for Bond 25. I guess we can rule out this very-specific combination then.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good luck to those trying to understand her. :))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    If it's going to be a female solo artist, I'm thinking that SIA has the inside track.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Hannah Cohen (American):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Cohen

Tame Impala (Australia group):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tame_Impala

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'd love powerful song again, Live and Let Die, A View To Kill or You Know My Name sort of thing
    I would love them to play You Know My Name over the credits, it's a fantastic song, that opened the Daniel Craig era perfectly and it would be a nice tribute to Chris Cornell
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869

Alt J
    I bet it's George Ezra or Ed Sheeran
This discussion has been closed.