What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    I'd like something harder edged like this, with this kind of title sequence as well.

Look at that cast list. It's got Bond written all over it.

What have they done with that great song?! Criminal!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'd like something harder edged like this, with this kind of title sequence as well.

Nothing can compare to the genius of the original but this cover does fit the tone of the film really well. Trust me, if you've not see this film you should. Great stuff.

Nothing can compare to the genius of the original but this cover does fit the tone of the film really well. Trust me, if you've not see this film you should. Great stuff.

I've seen the film, but didn't care for the cover song. An original song? No problem, but classics like this shouldn't be touched!

I've seen the film, but didn't care for the cover song. An original song? No problem, but classics like this shouldn't be touched!
    Fair enough. It did introduce a new generation to it though, as did Thor Ragnarok where it was featured heavily.

Fair enough. It did introduce a new generation to it though, as did Thor Ragnarok where it was featured heavily.

Haven't seen Thor Ragnarok. Did they use the original recording?

Yes, it was definitely Plant's unmistakable voice on that one. They used it in the trailers for the film too and I noticed a lot of kids asking what the song was on youtube.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

You should. Norway is featured.

Yes, it was definitely Plant's unmistakable voice on that one. They used it in the trailers for the film too and I noticed a lot of kids asking what the song was on youtube.

That's the magic of classic songs! Still works today! :)
    I'll give whoever did the cover the credit of making the effort of trying. Even getting close to the range of Plant should be praised.

Heavily? Haven't seen any newspapers mentioning it. Usually get enough coverage when it does!

I'll give whoever did the cover the credit of making the effort of trying. Even getting close to the range of Plant should be praised.

Heavily? Haven't seen any newspapers mentioning it. Usually get enough coverage when it does!
    No, just a small scene. Don t think it was filmed here, either.
  • TheBondArmoryTheBondArmory Joppa, MD
    I've been an advocate for Michael Bublé to do a Bond theme for years. Checkout his music video for Feeling Good, he's also a fan!
    I am think out the box here when I say Andrea Bocelli! My favourite song right now is the duet he has done with Ed Sheeran "Dancing in the dark". Sends a shiver right through me which I cannot explain?

Where in Norway did the scene take place?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

It's time for another song that oozes class (something that has been lacking in the films for the last 30 years).
    Good suggestion. Caro Emerald sounds good for a Bond song.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Whatever this is please.

From NME Magazine in May 2017

"The Modfather eyes up 007

Paul Weller has revealed that he and Noel Gallagher have written ‘half’ of a potential James Bond theme song.

This week sees the release of Weller’s acclaimed 13th album, ‘A Kind Revolution‘. Now, the Modfather has revealed his ambitions to write a track for a future 007 movie, and that he’s been working on one with the former Oasis guitarist.

“I want to write a James Bond theme tune,” Weller told the BBC. “I’ve got this half a song that me and Noel Gallagher worked on and I think it would be great for a Bond theme. There’s a bit of minor key going on. That would be an ambition definitely.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-weller-noel-gallagher-working-james-bond-song-together-2069802#dRv2EBDmXkPWrQGy.99";
    That's interesting news @SirHilaryBray. Stone the crows! To think, I actually mentioned Paul Weller several pages back (somewhere on here) being a possible present-day Bond song writer candidate. Well, knock me down with a feather.
    Paul Weller? Yes, please! :D
    If he's working out a tune with Gallagher, he also pushes the "contemporary artist" buttons.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    bondsum wrote: »
    That's interesting news @SirHilaryBray. Stone the crows! To think, I actually mentioned Paul Weller several pages back (somewhere on here) being a possible present-day Bond song writer candidate. Well, knock me down with a feather.

Certainly couldn't be any worse than Sam Smith, in fact it could only be better. I like PW, but not when he's doing his great white soul singer thing, if it's going to be a out-and-out rock tune then count me in!
    Really liked the Saturns Pattern album. Some really nice tunes, there!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The Weller/Gallagher Bond song was in the news last year; I’d like to hear what they come up with.
    bondsum wrote: »

Certainly couldn't be any worse than Sam Smith, in fact it could only be better. I like PW, but not when he's doing his great white soul singer thing, if it's going to be a out-and-out rock tune then count me in!
    Yeah, I agree. Personally, I think PW is probably past his best. Didn't he have similar ambitions for Britain's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest with his Impossible Idea song? A pleasant little ditty but nothing that stirred the loins.

Just some western coastline.

Just some western coastline.

I see. Think I saw a generic western coastline in a different superhero film too, but I may be mistaken.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited February 2018 Posts: 2,138
    Paul Weller? Yes, please! :D
    If he's working out a tune with Gallagher, he also pushes the "contemporary artist" buttons.

You know when this came out I thought, if David Arnold got to put his stamp on this tune it would have totally have fitted in to the Bond catalogue

Ballad of the Mighty I Lyrics

[Verse 1]
    Followed you down to the end of the world
    To wait outside your window
    In the heat of the rain I would call your name
    But you just passed me by
    If you put me up like a fly on the wall
    Then you'll be to blame when the heavens fall
    Give me a sign if you hear me call
    But you just pass me by
    The colours around me are fading away
    And I'll be waiting, come what may
    I'll find you (I'll find you)
    Yes I'll find you (Yes I'll find you)
    If I've got to be the man who walks the earth alone

[Verse 2]
    I followed the stars and I sailed to the sun
    I held it in my fingers
    Alone on the beach, on my own out of reach
    When you just passed me by
    I'd give you the world if you'd take my hand
    But you left me alone in the sinking sand
    Strike up the band for one last stand
    But you just passed me by
    Show me the rules of the games you play
    And I'll be here waiting, come what may
    If I got to be the man who walks the earth
    If I've got to be the man who walks the earth alone

That Noel Gallagher song has a little whiff of Bus Stop originally sung by The Hollies and written by the prolific Graham Gouldman of 10cc. Just saying.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. TOM JONES. Lets bring back some class and a real voice.
    "And he strikes like…SHATTERHAND!"
    How would y'all feel about Mary J Blige doing the next title song?

After seeing her performance at the Oscars, I think she could deliver something Bassey/TinaTurner-esque, which is IMO exactly what's needed after that Sam Smith borefest.
    Given recent choices Sheeran would look like a logical next step.
This discussion has been closed.