What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited March 2013 Posts: 108
    Muse, or perhaps Adele again, would be nice.

I also like the suggestion of Michael Bublé. I could see him doing a great modern Bond song in the FRWL vein of Matt Munro.
  • JRRJRR
    If you have heard Katy Perry's "Who am I living for?" the track sounds like a intro for an involved film, with the complexity associated with the James Bond productions. Her voice is an interesting possibility.
  • JRRJRR
    Paloma Faith's voice offers a unique sound reminiscent of the past mixed with the present, her unusual style could be applied to a creative Bond theme.

Muse are very atmospheric with a sound that would deliver a Bond theme to remember; could be a good option.
    Adam Levine would do a good job, I think.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon

Do you want Adele back? Somebody different, or another returning artist/band? I have quite a few choices, some of them much more probable than others. Videos spoiler tagged to stop the thread lagging.

There's Rush first of all. You've probably heard Tom Sawyer and all the other classics but here's an example of their newer work.

Would love to have Adele sing another one. But as you picked my favorite band of all time RUSH...I most certainly agree. They are the best/hottest classic rock group still out there. Don't believe me? check out the new CD (Clockwork Angels) it is fantastic. Just saw them last October and the live performance was out of this world.

Another potential candidate....is Michael Buble. Great voice!
    ^ I saw Rush live in Ottawa. I really like them, but I just don't see them doing Bond.
    Adam Levine would do a good job, I think.

A tad bit Odd for Bond,
    But I wouldn't mind
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I would really be happy with Adele again, I think.
    Muse would probably do a good job, too.
    What about Eddie Vedder? Seriously, I love his voice and he can rock or do a ballad.
    I agree that Adele should have another crack at it, though not sure if it should be two in a row. I also agree that Bublé would be a good choice, a FRWL style song.

Course they could go totally whack and pick Lady Gaga...can imagine her wearing a vodka Martini getup :P
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 17,241

This one makes me want to hear Susanne Sundfør do the title song!
    If Adele is not coming back for the next film? I quite like the thought of Cara Emerald.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    If Adele is not coming back for the next film? I quite like the thought of Cara Emerald.

Caro Emerald.

Is it possible for me to love her sound anymore? Yes, it is. As for Adele, I can't stand her and I pray that I won't have to listen to that chavvy voice in another Bond film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Based on this thread
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5984/bond-24-to-continue-to-explore-bonds-human-side/p1
    [qoute]“Fleming’s courage in showing Bond’s fear and vulnerability and depression was really interesting and something that a modern audience can accept,” said Logan. “I think Skyfall demonstrated that they want more layers to that character. And those are the layers that Fleming wrote.”[/qoute]

The nominations are:

Adele. Not the smalles person.
    Shirley Bassey
    Leonard Cohen. Old guy.
    Robbie Williams.
    Bjork. Consider before for TMND. 2 Years back she made a song Violently Happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSVTCjVXwc
    Elton John.
    Kylie Minogue. Better for Bond 25, if there whant bring Bond to Down Under!/ Australia.
    De Phazz. A mix of white and black people and there are from Germany. As said before there making Jazz a clip aka Dr No, style be more like Caro Emerald.
    Paloma Faith
    Seal
    Bond. Classical music.
    Britney Spears

Any other intresting ones ?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    M_Balje wrote:
    Bjork. Consider before for TMND. 2 Years back she made a song Violently Happy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSVTCjVXwc
    Björk could do an awesome theme- something surreal. It'll never happen though. :(
    M_Balje wrote:
    Kylie Minogue. Better for Bond 25, if there whant bring Bond to Down Under!/ Australia.
    What makes you think Bond won't come to Australia for Bond 24? ;)
    M_Balje wrote:
    Britney Spears. Any other intresting ones ?
    Why didn't I think of Britney? :-? I'm all for Florence Welch or Bat For Lashes to do the theme. Also, check out James Blake.
    This guy's got a great voice.

this one is his latest
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 1,261

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    <b>New thread, same purpose. </b>
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for the new thread, DiscoVolante.
    Robbie Williams gets my vote, too.
    I would rather see Adele again. Years ago, I thought Duffy should make it, now I am not too sure.

Oh, and tinking outside the box: Danielle de Niese.
    Some friends of mine have been listening to John Newman lately, and this song got me thinking Bond immediately!

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    A MAN to sing ! Michael Bublé (à la FRWL's Matt Monro) or Seal (remember "Kiss From A Rose" as a Batman theme, it could work with Bond too).
    Two that I'd love to have do a Bond theme, but never will:

- David Bowie
    - The Rolling Stones

More likely picks:

- Muse
    - Adele
    - Mette Lindberg
    - Florence + The Machine
    Since Shirley Bassie has been mentioned, I'll throw in 2 other blasts from the past: Paul McCartney and Carly Simon.
  • I'd have no problem with Adele doing the next one. Failing that possibly Buble would be a good choice.....
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A bit out there, but Natasha Bedingfield?
    Anyone but Adele.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    A bit out there, but Natasha Bedingfield?
    Well she's already got ties to Bond, voicing Liz Stark in the FRWL game. Yeah, I could see her doing the theme, but I feel the opportunity has passed.
  • RikRik Southend
    I'd love to see U2 actually perform the title song, rather than just Bono/Edge writing one like they did with Goldeneye. I also think Myles Kennedy would be a superb choice.
    Please respect my opinion but they did consider lady gaga for skyfall I think she could do it. Or Imagine Dragons?
    It will be Selena Gomez.
  • inukai44 wrote:
    Please respect my opinion but they did consider lady gaga for skyfall I think she could do it. Or Imagine Dragons?

Lady Gaga is a very talented musician and more than capable, but her "avant garde" image overpowers her talents. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to Adele coming back but I'd KILL to hear a Florence + The Machine theme.
This discussion has been closed.