What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

GalaSilva wrote:
    Bassey managed it why not Adele

Because Adele was nowhere near as good? ;)

This. I'm no Bassey fan, especially of DAF or Moonraker, but she's a thousand times better than Adele.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ed Sheeran
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    He's someone I couldn't see EON saying no to straight away. A good idea, if nothing else and a distinctive voice.
    Yes, he'd be an amazing choice.
    Robbie Williams with a big band sound.
  • I think Arctic Monkeys should definitely do the next theme. They killed it this year with their new album. Alex turner needs to do a Bond theme!

2013ArcticMonkeys_Press_ZackeryMichael-240613.jpg

A strange choice some may say, but i would like to recommend Russell Watson. I would like to have a male vocalist next time and he certainly has a strong, powerful voice. Also it wouldnt be the first title song he's done having sung the title track to Star Trek Enterprise.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 316
    Florence Welch!florence-welch-horny-grammys-green.jpg

or, please don't hate me, Beyonce?? (crowd boos)

• I'd say The Killers or Muse could do a good job.
    Emilíana Torrini

I rest my case.
  • 'Rumer' has it...

....she is an awesome singer! The Nancy Sinatra and/or Dusty Springfield of our time. I loved her rendition of 'We Have All The Time In The World' during the 'John Barry Memorial Concert':

If Adèle doesn't get the job for Bond 24, than Rumer can do it for me ;-).
  • The Arctic Monkeys are quite a good choice. It'd be another chart topper too, which is something I'm sure the producers are keen on after how well SF did.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Gustav_Graves
    Excellent choice! I like what she did with WHATTITW and I think she could easily pull it off for the next Bond film.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 11,119
    DarthDimi wrote:
    @Gustav_Graves
    Excellent choice! I like what she did with WHATTITW and I think she could easily pull it off for the next Bond film.

Have a look at this clip then @DarthDimi:

Great to see this kind of British music becoming big again. Allthough it's a cover, it's the music I adore. The Carly Simon-sound, Dusty Springfield-sound will never die :-).
    @Gustav_Graves, if she ever covers The Look Of Love, I want to hear it!
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    @Gustav_Graves, if she ever covers The Look Of Love, I want to hear it!

She already has two beautiful albums under her belt, namely 'Seasons Of My Soul' (debut, 2010) and 'Boys Don't Cry' (2012). It's also wunderful stuff for Christmas. I played it a lot during Wednesday's Christmas Dinner ;-).

By the way @Pierce2Daniel. The song you posted from Arctic Monkey's is the kind of band I'd like to see doing a Bond 24 theme. It's nicer and gentle for your ears than, let's say, 'Another Way To Die'.
    It's nicer and gentle for your ears than, let's say, 'Another Way To Die'.

When my cat vomits up a hair ball, it's still nicer and more gentle to the ears. ;-)

The Arctic Monkeys are quite a good choice. It'd be another chart topper too, which is something I'm sure the producers are keen on after how well SF did.

I think a more classical song like Adele's song turned out to be the best welcomed Bond song since Aha would do the trick, any rock band just will not speak for a larger public. Adele her song did show that. I think EON should pick a more laidback song and not go for anything American R&B or hophop shyte.
  • And I love that. It really seems the Bond franchise is back in that '1960's vibe'. Especially music-wise. Bond is trendsetter again in the world of evergreen Bond songs.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Siouxsie Sioux could probably work out well. With or without the Banshees.
    SaintMark wrote:
    The Arctic Monkeys are quite a good choice. It'd be another chart topper too, which is something I'm sure the producers are keen on after how well SF did.

I think a more classical song like Adele's song turned out to be the best welcomed Bond song since Aha would do the trick, any rock band just will not speak for a larger public. Adele her song did show that. I think EON should pick a more laidback song and not go for anything American R&B or hophop shyte.

Have no idea what hophop is but the series hasn't and doesn't need to use RnB or hip hop. The Bond movies have always stuck to rock tunes and ballads which is fitting for the series.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    SaintMark wrote:

People didn't welcome Adele's song because it was classical, they welcomed it because it was Adele. If she was rapping people would've bought it because she's massive. The song will "speak for a larger public" as long as it's a big name doing it, the genre doesn't matter, there's all sorts of different types of music in the top 40.

For example, they could hire some unknown singer who does a classical ballad type song and it wouldn't be a huge success. But get the Arctic Monkeys (a rock band) to do it and it'd be a hit because they're a big name (they recently got a number 1 album and not for the first time).
    SaintMark wrote:

People didn't welcome Adele's song because it was classical, they welcomed it because it was Adele. If she was rapping people would've bought it because she's massive. The song will "speak for a larger public" as long as it's a big name doing it, the genre doesn't matter, there's all sorts of different types of music in the top 40.

For example, they could hire some unknown singer who does a classical ballad type song and it wouldn't be a huge success. But get the Arctic Monkeys (a rock band) to do it and it'd be a hit because they're a big name (they recently got a number 1 album and not for the first time).

Adele may be famous, but she did sing a "classic" Bond song, more akin to classic Bond songs than if she had been rapping. Madonna was far more famous than Adele, but DAD's title song was not nearly as well received. And AWTD for QOS was poorly received partly because it did not sound like a Bond song.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    AWTD wasn't well received because it was a shit song. Adele might have sung a big ballad similar to what we got in the 60s, but it would've done well no matter what because it's Adele. Wouldn't have been as well received if she's rapped sure but it would've been a success and it would've helped promote the film, which is what matters at the end of the day.

DAD is a perfect example. I think most of us would agree that it's nothing like a "classic" Bond song, however, it was a success. Did well in the charts and even managed to get a Golden Globe nomination.

And why? Because Madonna is a big name, therefore the song reached a large audience. The Arctic Monkeys would be the same. You might not like them but to say that them (or any other rock band), wouldn't have mass appeal because it wouldn't be a "classic" sounding Bond song is ridiculous.

But anyway all this is beside the point. The point is, the Arctic Monkeys are a brilliant band that'd probably do a cracking Bond theme. Plus they're a big name, meaning the song would be successful and more people would be aware of the film. Just a great choice really.
  • Alex Turner has such a great voice and writes brilliant lyrics.

Here are some other Bond sounding stuff they have done:

This is a song Turner wrote for his other band, The Last Shadow Puppets, that is ready made for a Bond film. In fact they should just use this song for Bond 24:
    AWTD wasn't well received because it was a shit song. Adele might have sung a big ballad similar to what we got in the 60s, but it would've done well no matter what because it's Adele. Wouldn't have been as well received if she's rapped sure but it would've been a success and it would've helped promote the film, which is what matters at the end of the day.

DAD is a perfect example. I think most of us would agree that it's nothing like a "classic" Bond song, however, it was a success. Did well in the charts and even managed to get a Golden Globe nomination.

And why? Because Madonna is a big name, therefore the song reached a large audience. The Arctic Monkeys would be the same. You might not like them but to say that them (or any other rock band), wouldn't have mass appeal because it wouldn't be a "classic" sounding Bond song is ridiculous.

But anyway all this is beside the point. The point is, the Arctic Monkeys are a brilliant band that'd probably do a cracking Bond theme. Plus they're a big name, meaning the song would be successful and more people would be aware of the film. Just a great choice really.

Oh I have no opinion one way or another about Arctic Monkeys doing the Bond song, I know close to zilch about them, from what I know they seem to be nice guys. I was merely saying that the fact SF was a classic Bond song contributed to its success, both critical and popular. However famous Adele is, she is no Madonna. Yes, DAD was successful, but not as much as SF and it had mixed reviews.

Of course, that does not mean that a Bond song done by AM will be bad or unpopular. And I am all in favour of thinking outside the box. Heck, I suggested Danielle de Niese to sing the title song for the next Bond!
  • Alex Turner has such a great voice and writes brilliant lyrics.

Now, I'd never usually have The Arctic Monkeys down as a possible Bond band, but damn, those 3 songs definitely have something in them. Definite contenders...especially that Last Shadow Puppets one.
  • I wouldn't mind Adele coming back and doing another theme at some point but lets keep with the tradition of having a different artist singing the following song.

I remember Daniel Craig attended an Oasis concert a few years ago and they saluted him and suggested they do the next song. Might be cool. Although I doubt it'll happen.
  • Although I doubt it'll happen.

Especially as they split up in 2009 ;) Shame they never did one though. Noel is still my number one choice for Bond 24's theme.
    I'd be happy with Adele again.
This discussion has been closed.