The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    She does resemble her father somewhat. Gotta say, she's definitely a looker. :D

Would love to see her in a Bond film in the future. With the next actor, of course.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DC is looking close to being in shape. There is a little belly there, but no doubt he'll be good to go by December.

EMB-PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Daniel-Craig-hits-the-gym-in-the-early-morning.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-star-daniel-craig-12672654
    He looks so different with glasses!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looks like he dropped a hat too.
    Murdock wrote: »

Or someone saw him in his Liverpool hat and threw a Chelsea hat at him.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    TripAces wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

Or someone saw him in his Liverpool hat and threw a Chelsea hat at him.

Oddjob's long lost son? :))
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I just watched Thor: Rangnarok and High Rise-- back-to-back... Thor is a great film, wonderful comedy.

However, I also watched both films judging Hiddleston and Hemsworth as Bond.

By Thor's hammer (or whatever he says), these two aren't Bond material.

However, Hemsworth is the naturally closest of the two (and I could possibly grow to like him, depending on the director and direction).

I hafta say, with no doubt now, that Hiddleston would be the worst Bond of the series. He is such a withering, quivering, over-actor, he'd make Brosnan look as if he was Olivier... He would be a terrible, terrible, terrible 007. Controversial opinion: anyone who sees Hiddles as Bond, doesn't get "Bond" (the literary or film depiction).

Good Dog, no Hiddles.

Turner would be head and tail above this pompous ass-- and I'm not yet sold on Turner!

Good Luck, B n MGW trying to find DC's replacement.

As someone had mentioned earlier-- I will also miss Craig as 007. Mainly because the potential candidates are such pussies...

TripAces wrote: »
    DC is looking close to being in shape. There is a little belly there, but no doubt he'll be good to go by December.

EMB-PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Daniel-Craig-hits-the-gym-in-the-early-morning.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-star-daniel-craig-12672654

I heard this is part of the PTS and that he is deep undercover?!!! Lol!
    peter wrote: »
    I just watched Thor: Rangnarok and High Rise-- back-to-back... Thor is a great film, wonderful comedy.

However, I also watched both films judging Hiddleston and Hemsworth as Bond.

By Thor's hammer (or whatever he says), these two aren't Bond material.

However, Hemsworth is the naturally closest of the two (and I could possibly grow to like him, depending on the director and direction).

I hafta say, with no doubt now, that Hiddleston would be the worst Bond of the series. He is such a withering, quivering, over-actor, he'd make Brosnan look as if he was Olivier... He would be a terrible, terrible, terrible 007. Controversial opinion: anyone who sees Hiddles as Bond, doesn't get "Bond" (the literary or film depiction).

Good Dog, no Hiddles.

Turner would be head and tail above this pompous ass-- and I'm not yet sold on Turner!

Good Luck, B n MGW trying to find DC's replacement.

As someone had mentioned earlier-- I will also miss Craig as 007. Mainly because the potential candidates are such pussies...

Don't see either becoming Bond. Hemsworth is excellent as Thor tho. very entertaining.
    James Bond star Daniel Craig to become Hollywood royalty as he's set to receive star on Walk of Fame

James Bond star Daniel Craig is about to become fully-fledged film royalty as he’s set to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year.

The British actor, 50, is among a new batch of A-list stars, including Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway, to be honoured with the accolade in 2019.

“Congratulations to Daniel Craig who has been selected as one of the recipients of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2019,” tweeted the official James Bond Twitter account.

Other people to receive stars next year are Oscar-winning Shape of Water director Guillermo del Toro and Star Wars actress Lupita Nyong’o.

Tyler Perry, Alan Arkin and Gena Rowlands make up the Motion Pictures category.

Musicians including Pink, Michael Buble, Faith Hill, Teddy Riley and Cypress Hill will receive honours in the music category.

Chairman and Walk Of Famer Vin Di Bona said: “The Walk Of Fame Selection Committee is pleased to announce our newest honourees to the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

“The committee always tries to select a group of talented honourees that appeal in various genres of the entertainment world.

“I feel the committee has outdone themselves and I know the fans, tourists and the Hollywood community will be pleased with our selections. We are excited to see each and every honouree’s face as they unveil that majestic star on Hollywood’s most famous walkway.”

Craig is gearing up to shoot what is expected to be his final Bond film with director Danny Boyle, which is scheduled for release next year
    The Slumdog Millionaire director appeared to let the cat out of the bag back in March, when he revealed that he had been working on a script for Bond.

Speaking to Metro US at the premiere of drama Trust he said: “We are working on a script right now. And it all depends on that really.

“I am working on a Richard Curtis script at the moment. We hope to start shooting that in 6 or 7 weeks.

Craig is set to hang up his black jacket after the November 2019 release, with the rumour mill about his replacement in full swing.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'm surprised that Robert de Niro and Alan Arkin have only just received theirs.
    NicNac wrote: »
    I'm surprised that Robert de Niro and Alan Arkin have only just received theirs.

Same here,especially De Niro !

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It seems strange to be made Hollywood royalty for just one role.
    He's had a long and varied career. Over 25 film roles since Road To Perdition. He's hardly Mark Hammill.

Plus he has done a lot of theatre as well.
    He's had a long and varied career. Over 25 film roles since Road To Perdition. He's hardly Mark Hammill.

Mark Hamill is highly regarded by many comic book fans. Some consider him the definitive Joker due to his voice work in the 1990s tv show Batman:The Animated Series.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 7,567
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Plus he has done a lot of theatre as well.

Yet, even if Bond was all he had done he would still have a remarkable legacy of cinematic success. 2.5 billion over 4 films or whatever it is?

De Niro has probably grossed less over 45 years of playing dozens of variations on his one New York character.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 4,548
    barryt007 wrote: »

Same here,especially De Niro !

Yeah. This is a head-scratcher, for sure. I mean, David Hasselhoff has one already. The only thing I can figure is that DeNiro declined this, for a long time, and now finally relented. I don't know. Beats me.
    It seems strange to be made Hollywood royalty for just one role.

It isn't just one role. It is THE role.
    The author of Purity has confirmed that that show is dead and Craig will make Bond instead.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/magazine/jonathan-franzen-is-fine-with-all-of-it.html

I suppose this was something that we already knew. It seems a shame as Craig seems like the perfect actor to join the 'peak television' renaissance. I feel that after Bond, he should perhaps try and find another a big television vehicle.

It's either that, or he does forgotten indies of varying quality or even joins the Marvel universe.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Interesting news about Purity. The 'pre-production' went on for years. Perhaps Purity can be picked up by Netflix?

As for Craig's post Bond career, I agree with your sentiment, Pierce2Daniel. I can envisage Craig in some gritty, acclaimed US tv show. Streaming tv has altered the tv landscape - so many new shows you can watch on streaming apps. It's a great time for film actors to move over into tv.

I wonder why it cant not just be delayed. Didnt DC wanted to produce, too?
    Yeah, the amusing thing is next summer - when Bond 25 ends filming - Craig will be free to make Purity. LOL

Assuming he doesn't make Bond 26! :P

fanbond123 wrote: »
    Yeah, the amusing thing is next summer - when Bond 25 ends filming - Craig will be free to make Purity. LOL

Assuming he doesn't make Bond 26! :P

That actually wouldn't surprise me,as long as the time-scale is a lot shorter between the films.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I hope he will come back for the 60th anniversary.
    Congrats DC!!!! Shocked De Niro has not already got a star on the walk of fame!!
    Agreed. He should have gotten it long ago.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Not big on De Niro's remarks lately, but there is no doubt that this is long overdue.
    I am not sure, he is that great an actor, but he surely left his mark
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I am not sure, he is that great an actor, but he surely left his mark

De Niro should have had a star years ago.