The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    We've got Ana De Armas in a Bikini™

83b8daa4bf2956e49cee60029e5972da.gif
    and that will be the title sequence.

Already on it's way to beat Avengers: Endgame. ;)

I think you guys have overlooked the fact Google Image Search got there first... ;)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Of all the cool suggestions I've seen mentioned on this long thread,

DEATH TO SPIES

is the one that really struck me as "yep, that sounds perfect. Wonderfully dramatic and to the point."

If sounds the type of title Fleming might have used as a final Bond novel. If Fleming had decided to retire from writing I reckon it would be the ideal title:

DEATH TO SPIES

by

Ian Fleming

It sounds really dramatic, don't you think? And it's instantly memorable. When Bond 25 is released and you go to Box Office Mojo and see it in the chart you know DEATH TO SPIES is a Bond film. It's going to stand out from Star Wars 104 or Disney's remake of the remake of Aladdin. :P No-one is gonna see the title DEATH TO SPIES and think "what that about?"

It's just so matter-of-fact and blunt. Say it out aloud. It's so direct. Perfect!

Say the title out loud over a Bond gun barrel intro. Wow. It's such a wonderful title for Bond film. Please Eon, consider it. :)

Thank you
    I know I suggested it a while back (last year I think) anyways I remember watching The Living Daylights for the first time in ages last year, and it was like a revelation, I really did watch it with a fresh pair of eyes.
    Anyways it's during the debrief Bond explains to M 'Smiert Spionam, meaning Death To Spies, and the way it jumped out at me it just struck a chord with me. So not long after I thought it should be the title for the next film, I checked if anyone had suggested it and no one appeared to, so I did. That's it really
    I'm not trying to take credit it for it (well not completely ;) ) it's derived from The Living Daylights steeped in Fleming which we all love, and it just hits you as a title, it demands attention and it has a sense of urgency only a Bond title brings. I can really imagine it being a title, if not for Bond 25, maybe further down the line.

I love it as a title and I get a kick out of seeing people on here suggest it, the same way Piece2Daniel must get a kick out of people talking about Mosaic as a title.
    II

Fair play I'll hold my hands up. You said it first (and ages ago as well haha) great suggestion. Apologies I admit I didn't see your post but I joined last December
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Like you said, it s from Fleming.
    Like you said, it s from Fleming.
    I referenced it in 2016 I believe
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/272658#Comment_272658

Haha! (it s no competition, but a bit funny.)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Some that I quite like:

Cross Your Heart

A Hope In Hell

The Only Way To Die

No More Yesterdays

Black Blizzard

Names Are For Tombstones

Better Dead Than Never

Death Before Dishonour

Fortune Favours the Brave
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/272658#Comment_272658

Haha! (it s no competition, but a bit funny.)

Hahaha oh wow. Fair enough mate, you definitely did

@mtm some good suggestions there, I like No More Yesterdays
    mtm wrote: »
    Some that I quite like:

Cross Your Heart

Love it.

You've done something very Fleming-esque and picked phrases and idoms and using them as titles. Very well done.

Personally, I'd prefer CROSS MY HEART
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Some that I quite like:

Cross Your Heart

Love it.

You've done something very Fleming-esque and picked phrases and idoms and using them as titles. Very well done.

Personally, I'd prefer CROSS MY HEART

It does avoid the troublesome bra connotations! :) Although you also lose the '...hope to die' bit with it too. Nice though.

I do sort of feel like BLEEDING HEART has a bit of a Fleming feel, although I think it needs something else.
    Blofeld (Simple as that, to the point, and it resembles Dr. No and Goldfinger)

The Raising of a Spectre (after The Rise of Skywalker and Dark Knight Rises) :P

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Untitled612efa13a33f5b0c.png

I can't wait to hear this theme song.
    I wonder what rhymes with Untitled612efa13a33f5b0c.png?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Leahcence To Kill

D e a t h _ W a l t z
    shoes-vector-id537552965?b=1&k=6&m=537552965&s=170x170&h=XC_gBe8L-HlDviCz-4too56qBhkNptRR35ShXSsQEfg=
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ARMY OF (RA)MI

Theme sung by Björk
    Some that I quite like:

No More Yesterdays
    A bit offensive towards Danny Boyle, this one, don´t you think ;-)?

• Agent7777Agent7777 England
    Some that I quite like:
    The Only Way To Die

I really like The Only Way To Die, far better than A Reason To Die.
    There's a line from The Living Daylights' title song.

Living's in
    T H E _ W A Y _ W E _ D I E
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Some that I quite like:

No More Yesterdays
    A bit offensive towards Danny Boyle, this one, don´t you think ;-)?

Ha! Good point! All the more reason :)
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Rossi wrote: »

Might as well try all the Star Wars.

SPECTRE: A New Threat
    Oberhauser Strikes Back
    Return of the 00 Number

The Genome Menace
    Attack of the Clones (Wait a minute...)
    Revenge of the Swann

Jamaica Awakens
    The Last Double-0
    Here's a Fleming-sourced possibility. What Bond's been working on in Jamaica.
    S T A Y _ A L I V E !

91d8QNIBZpL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
    Goldfinger, Ian Fleming, 1959.
    Chapter Five - Night Duty
    A second reason why Bond enjoyed the long vacuum of night duty was that it gave him time to get on with a project he had been toying with for more than a year - a handbook of all secret methods of unarmed combat. It was to be called Stay Alive! It would contain the best of all that had been written on the subject by the Secret Services of the world. Bond had told no one of the project, but he hoped that, if he could finish it, M would allow it to be added to the short list of Service manuals which contained the tricks and techniques of Secret Intelligence.
    4ef258dd5fb28ec4017158e9f003a918--the-edition-news-media.jpg
    talos7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    yRIohEc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

The lack of title is killing me....

In genetics, a mosaic, or mosaicism, involves the presence of two or more populations of cells with different genotypes in one individual who has developed from a single fertilized egg. ... Genetic mosaicism can result from many different mechanisms including chromosome nondisjunction, anaphase lag, and endoreplication.
    Fantastic. Now we need this text on the film poster.

Well you seemed completely unaware of the significance of the word Mosaic, just a little remedial information.
    In order not to spam the B25 filming thread, I took this over here.
    @talos7, your description of genetic mosaicism says it all: What is described as mosaic is an observation, not a cause. My comments were regarding the title suggestion Fatal Mosaic. In order for something to be fatal, it must be a cause. A genetic mosaic is more like the misfigured remains of someone who fell from a large building than the fall itself. But it is the fall fall which was fatal, not the resulting picture.
    And the phenomenon of genetic mosaicism is definitely not common knowledge, whereas a mosaic as a form of pictorial art is commonly known. Therefore I allowed myself the cynicism of demanding that enormous subtitle on the poster, if the title should be Fatal Mosaic ;-).
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Time hit death. A view to a kill 2.0.
    Clock hit death. Sound like glock hit death.

Death what clock bells what it mean. Death around you.
    M_Balje wrote: »

Death what clock bells what it mean.

Great title, if it fits the story.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Panchito To A Kill
    :-))
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    CLASSIFIED

NATIONAL SECURITY

RED ALERT STATE

CODE RED

CRITICAL (as in UK's highest threat level)

DR. NOFINGER (nod to @boldfinger) :P
    Regarding Mosaic, here are brief mentions from Fleming.
    Goldfinger, Ian Fleming, 1959.
    Chapter Six - Talk of Gold
    BOND WALKED up the steps and through the fine bronze portals and into the spacious, softly echoing entrance hall of the Bank of England and looked around him. Under his feet glittered the brilliant golden patterns of the Boris Anrep mosaics; beyond, through twenty-feet-high arched windows, green grass and geraniums blazed in the central courtyard. To right and left were spacious vistas of polished Hopton Wood stone. Over all hung the neutral smell of air-conditioned air and the heavy, grave atmosphere of immense riches.
    You Only Live Twice, Ian Fleming, 1964.
    Part 2 - ...Than To Arrive
    Chapter 12 - Appointment in Samara
    The headquarters of the local department of the Sosaka, the CID, for .the southern island of Kyushu, was just off the main street of Fukuoka. It was a stern-looking building in yellow lavatory brick in a style derived from the German. Tiger confirmed that it had been the headquarters of the Kempeitai, the Japanese Gestapo, before and during the war. Tiger was received with pomp. The office of the Chief of the CID was small and cluttered. Superintendent Ando himself looked to Bond like any other Japanese salary-man, but he had a military bearing and the eyes behind the rimless spectacles were quick and hard. Bond sat patiently smoking while much conversation went on.
    A blown-up aerial mosaic of the Castle of Death and the surrounding country was produced from a riling cabinet and laid out on the desk.
    Superintendent Ando weighed down the corners with ashtrays and other hardware and Tiger called him over with a respect, Bond noticed, that was not lost on the Superintendent. It crossed Bond's mind that he had heaped much ON on Tiger, or alternatively that Tiger had lost much face vis-a-vis Bond by the business of the Black Dragon agent. Tiger said, 'Please to examine this photograph, Bondo-san. The Superintendent says that a clandestine approach from the landward side is now very difficult. The suicides pay local peasants to lead them through these marshlands,' he pointed, 'and there are recognized breaches in the walls surrounding the property which are constantly changed and kept open for the suicides. Every time the Superintendent posts a guard at one of them, another is made known to the peasants by the castle guards. He says he is at his wits' end. Twenty bodies have been fetched to the mortuary in the past week. The Superintendent wishes to hand in his resignation.'
    Thrilling Cities, Ian Fleming, 1963.
    Chapter 12 - Naples
    The huge grotto that opens to seaward and that has now been completely
    cleared of rubble is splendidly romantic--a grandiose water-folly adjoining the foundations of what must have been a handsome belvedere standing back from the shore-line of the graceful bay of Sperlonga. In the floor of the deep grotto there is a twenty-foot-wide circular swimming-pool fed by a fresh-water spring. In the centre of the pool stands a square pediment that may have held an enormous group of Laocoön wrestling with his serpents. One single marble leg of this statue and bits of the serpents have been recovered, and the leg alone is seven feet high. Adjoining this circular pool are large fish-tanks fed tidally with sea-water, and the custodian suggested, rather
    fancifully perhaps, that these had contained the giant Moray eels to which slaves were fed to improve the flavour of this famous Roman delicacy.
    The walk round the swimming-pool had been terraced with bright blue mosaic, and statues are thought to have been arranged as sculpture for the interior walls of the cave, while some may have stood guard at either side of the entrance and on the headland to the east.
    But these are nothing more than theories, for at some time the beautiful cavern with all its elegant eccentricities was smashed to fragments, perhaps with the advent of the Christians some hundred years after the date that has been provisionally given for the creation of the grotto.

I still think Blofeld's Abacus of Death is superior.

1559d79c3199e808e587916d6bf1451a--skin-and-bones-lone-wolf.jpg

Ryan wrote: »
    Rossi wrote: »

Might as well try all the Star Wars.

SPECTRE: A New Threat
    Oberhauser Strikes Back
    Return of the 00 Number

The Genome Menace
    Attack of the Clones (Wait a minute...)
    Revenge of the Swann

Jamaica Awakens
    The Last Double-0

:D

Spectre: A New Hope
    It makes sense to me.