The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

A few things

1. I have not given up on the four remaining short story titles if Octopussy and Quantum of Solace can be done so can The property of a lady and The Hildebrand Rarity
    2. I honestly think Bond 25 is The Garden of Death
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    I'd love "The Garden Of Death"!
  • DragonpolDragonpol Schloss Drache
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I'd love "The Garden Of Death"!

Me too, but only if they faithfully adapt the YOLT source novel.
    mtm wrote: »
    Something like Death Before Dishonour sounds appropriately Bondy.
    I like that.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    A few things

1. I have not given up on the four remaining short story titles if Octopussy and Quantum of Solace can be done so can The property of a lady and The Hildebrand Rarity

If it really is The Garden of Death, then maybe they’ve been withholding it as it’s a spoiler for core Bond fans as to what to expect. I have my doubts it will be the actual title, but it would be nice. In any case I do believe elements from the YOLT novel will be present.
    I like that.

Sounds a little bit like John Gardner's Role of Honour (1984) which is quite a clever title.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger regnifrednuhT
    FoxRox wrote: »
    A few things

If it really is The Garden of Death, then maybe they’ve been withholding it as it’s a spoiler for core Bond fans as to what to expect.

If that were the case, they should reveal the title after the film has been out a couple of months.
    A few things

If it really is The Garden of Death, then maybe they’ve been withholding it as it’s a spoiler for core Bond fans as to what to expect.

If that were the case, they should reveal the title after the film has been out a couple of months.

At this rate, it's looking like that's what's going to happen! I suppose Shatterhand would have the same effect, although Barbara Broccoli has seemingly ruled that one out.
    A few things

A trailer would likely give away the details of the story anyway, so revealing the title with the trailer would still make sense.
  • edited July 22 Posts: 5,398
    Let´s make that more poetic: Wristslash before Dishonour.

How About, Out of the Dark, into the Dark. I´ll leave it to you to find the references.
    Not as good as Heart of Darkness, but I doubt they´d get their Hands on that one ;-).
    Death Before Speculation
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    Delay Another Year.
    edited July 22 Posts: 13,104
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Let´s make that more poetic: Wristslash before Dishonour.

How About, Out of the Dark, into the Dark. I´ll leave it to you to find the references.
    Not as good as Heart of Darkness, but I doubt they´d get their Hands on that one ;-).

You know, with all of this talk about Heart of Darkness it reminds me of a title the media could easily come up with on Bond 25 (considering all of their horror stories): Apocalypse Now. Too bad for them that it's already taken! ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!Moderator
    Dare I suggest.
    W I N D _ O F _ K N O W N _ E V I L
    Sure, the acronym might take some getting used to.

Sorry, buddy, but I do suspect the media - and especially the red-top press - would have a field day with that as a title. ;)
    St_George wrote: »
    Dare I suggest.

Sorry, buddy, but I do suspect the media - and especially the red-top press - would have a field day with that as a title. ;)

Yes, I'm sure that it would serve to awaken the Press Kraken. ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    St_George wrote: »
    Dare I suggest.

Yes, I'm sure that it would serve to awaken the Press Kraken. ;)

Ha, the 'Press Kraken'. The mythological personification of Elliot Carver and his inky ilk. ;)
    Delay Another Year.

:-j

You Only Thought You Knew Once
  • RyanRyan Canada
    You Only Live Thrice

Once when you are born, once when you look death in the face, and once more when you face the PR department.
    Ryan wrote: »
    You Only Live Thrice

Once when you are born, once when you look death in the face, and once more when you face the PR department.

:-?
    Just can't see the marketing types agreeing to Property of a Lady
    Getafix wrote: »

Is being a Lady a good thing nowadays? For a woman, I mean. I don't even know.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited July 23 Posts: 683
    This may actually be our prime opportunity to see it used if the marketers deem it salably 'woke' enough, as the hip youths might say.
    edited July 23 Posts: 1,699
    Minion wrote: »
    This may actually be our prime opportunity to see it used if the marketers deem it salably 'woke' enough, as the hip youths might say.

I'd wager that, as a movie title, The Property Of A Lady wouldn't have been deemed 'woke' since at least the 1950s.
  • mtmmtm
    Are you guys getting yourselves worked up to be angry when the title is revealed not to be 'Property Of A Lady'? This is getting bonkers now... :D
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 23 Posts: 10,262
    Univex wrote: »

Is being a Lady a good thing nowadays? For a woman, I mean. I don't even know.

Good point. Maybe they’ll change it to ‘Property of a Ho’ (or bitch), both very ‘current’, acceptable terms in mainstream music.
    As much as I really want THE PROPERTY OF A LADY to eventually be used, I'd be willing to bet it won't be the title of B25.
    Besides I'd like the Maria Freudenstein character incorporated as well as an auction scene, otherwise I'd feel that title was wasted .
    I thought the QUANTUM OF SOLACE title worked, but I'd have liked at least some connection to that story. Even if a brief bit where Bond is told an anecdote of a failed relationship.
    If Nomi [Lashana Lynch] really is the new Agent 007, then the title for BOND 25 should be The Property Of A Lady.

There are rumors that the first teaser trailer will be with the premiere of Hobbs & Shaw, but I think they must publish first the title together with a Teaser Poster. The filming of BOND 25 already has three months, there is enough material for an Teaser Trailer.

;)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I just re-read CR, and I like the chapter title “Rough Justice”.
    Are you guys getting yourselves worked up to be angry when the title is revealed not to be 'Property Of A Lady'? This is getting bonkers now... :D

Bonkers Deathtrap
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

# b o n d t o o