Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

Anthony Ingruber is stunning as young Harrison Ford, but Chris Pratt screams star power. I´d also guess they won´t go for a young Ford, but for someone they are sure is going to make the role his own.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Edit
    What are people's opinions on Sean Patrick Flanery, who played young Indy in the Lucasfilm TV series? He's too old now, but it would have been interesting to see him in a higher budgeted Indy project a 10 years ago (when he had a minor cult following with the Boondock Saints films)
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,138
    JCRendle wrote: »
    He's an archeologist - the outfit isn't out of place, especially in the years set.

The trousers and shirt (khaki colour against the sand and heat) are reminiscent of the army, specifically the trousers, which are roughly WW2 American army Officer style.

Hard wearing for all his digging and fighty needs.

The shirt is an old Safari style, again perfect for whatever weather and situations he's likely to come up against.

Is his closet at home full of identical shirt and pants? Very likely, a

Take away the hat and he is basically wearing what Dan was in the enjoying death scenes in Skyfall at the beach bar. Infact I have always though that look was homage to indy. It is a timeless look

2i12s06.jpg
    Take away the hat and he is basically wearing what Dan was in the enjoying death scenes in Skyfall at the beach bar. Infact I have always though that look was homage to indy. It is a timeless look

I can see it...

tumblr_nrmyprS6rP1rv0z1no1_540.jpg

JCRendle wrote: »

I can see it...

tumblr_nrmyprS6rP1rv0z1no1_540.jpg

Great mock up, glad you can see it. But my dear friend you have far to much time on your hands LOL!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,690
    It seems Spielberg has said he is ready to make 'Indiana Jones 5' his next movie (after Bridge of Spies), with Harrison Ford back as the titular role.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The way he said it ("I want to make Indy 5 with Ford so I'll have done more films with Ford than I have with Tom Hanks") makes me think he was joking, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for a new movie. :D
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    It'll never happen
    It seems Spielberg has said he is ready to make 'Indiana Jones 5' his next movie (after Bridge of Spies), with Harrison Ford back as the titular role.

I heard this on the radio too this afternoon.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2015 Posts: 17,810
    I wonder will Mickey Mouse feature as Indy's ally in the new film? Well, anything's possible after the aliens that featured in the last one! :D
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Didn't Craig play young Indy's mentor in that TV series?
  • I think he played a bad guy

latest?cb=20100725234932

(with a snazzy mustache to boot!)

Are they *sure* they want to do another Indy film with Harrison in the lead? I'm his biggest fan, and I know he could still kick my ass any day, but he's 73 now. General moviegoers balked at him returning in Crystal Skull, and that was in 2008!

I still say the one way to bring him back is to have him with a story that begins in the 1960's and flashes back to the 30's (with another actor). Then the movie can still END in the 60's. But I'm not sure if he can carry the whole movie....
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    It'll be young Indy chronicles again
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Chris Pratt will play Indy, mark my words!
    Can't see Ford being back not on top of promoting Star Wars for the next few years. Spielberg already said publicly he would direct it if Pratt would do it. I think Pratt would jump at it. I like Pratt, but also feel with the Indy you also get that shovinistic arrogant attitude and can't help feel (although not a big fan) Bradley Cooper would be better fit.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd go with Karl Urban as Indy. Pratt is too goofy for my tastes.
    350x700px-LL-7376c053_Comanche_Moon_Karl_Urban.jpeg
    Found Urban in Judge Dread to be a non event. Still Copley for me, if he can sort out the accent.

2up66ht.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    To paraphrase a line from Aliens ' Whatever they're going to do they better do it fast"!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Can't see Ford being back not on top of promoting Star Wars for the next few years.

Tell that to the 80s.
    Can't see Ford being back not on top of promoting Star Wars for the next few years.

Tell that to the 80s.

Yes, but he is 72 for crying out loud lol
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 4,813
    He's 73- and will be 74 next July, and since they're still only 'planning' the movie he could be fucking 80 by the time it comes out!

I like @Murdock's suggestion of Urban, and I have to hand it to @SirHilaryBray- that's actually an awesome idea I hadn't considered.

One actor I think has serious potential is Garrett Hedlund. He's a great actor, and just look at him- he looks like he could be Ford's son!

happy-birthday-to-garrett-hedlund-599938.jpg
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    My interest in seeing a new Indy drops dramatically if Harrison Ford is still trying to do the same role.
    My interest drops with each new suggestion here.
    Can you spell it:

C
    H
    R
    I
    S

P
    R
    A
    T
    T
    This Part Christ guy may be good. Didn t like him much in GOTG, but he was fun and sympathetic in an interview I watched with him.
    This Part Christ guy may be good. Didn t like him much in GOTG, but he was fun and sympathetic in an interview I watched with him.

Uhh...now...don't say anything bad about GOTG or I'll get into serious defend mode like some here get into when Craig gets criticised :))
    Ford has confirmed that a new Indy script is being written, but won t say anymore than that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ford has confirmed that a new Indy script is being written, but won t say anymore than that.
    Seriously?? That's awesome.
    He did an Empire interview related to SW, where the question came up. It doesn t say that he will himself be back, but I wouldn t mind.

Regardless, great news indeed. One of the most iconic characters of our lifetime.