Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Indiana Jones 5 is now confirmed for a July 2021 release, near Harrison Ford's 79th birthday.
    Dang...
    the movie better be a LOT better than the last one then
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Would be cool if it is set in 1977, and we see a cinema in the background where Star Wars is playing.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Is it going to be set at Wentworth Home for The Elderly? ;)
    If Cubby were still with us, there would probably be 2 Bond films between now and the release of Indy 5.
    One next year, and one for 2021.

Back on topic. Now that it's set for 2021, I wonder if there will be a 40th anniversary brouhaha to coincide with Indy 5?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Would be cool if it is set in 1977, and we see a cinema in the background where Star Wars is playing.

Or 1981, and Indy goes to watch himself at the theatre.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Walecs wrote: »

Or 1981, and Indy goes to watch himself at the theatre.

"That is not what happened!"
    They can make it like SCREAM when they show the 'Stab' movies!
    (I'm kidding, don't do that)

Honestly i feel like the new one could still take place around 1965, give or take.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I love Indiana Jones and am cool with a fifth film, but at this point I'm almost more interested in getting some good old-school Harrison Ford thrillers™, with his family being threatened and him pointing at people and things. Witness, Frantic, the Jack Ryan films, The Fugitive, Air Force One, Firewall... c'mon Harrison, get into some trouble with criminals and terrorists!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I love Indiana Jones and am cool with a fifth film, but at this point I'm almost more interested in getting some good old-school Harrison Ford thrillers™, with his family being threatened and him pointing at people and things. Witness, Frantic, the Jack Ryan films, The Fugitive, Air Force One, Firewall... c'mon Harrison, get into some trouble with criminals and terrorists!

Harrison Ford did the submarine thriller K-19: The Widowmaker with Liam Neeson, hopefully good ol' Liam can give some advice to Harrison about how to use his very particular set of skills.
    Harrison is 76 TODAY. The clock is ticking!!
  • I see Ford having a Sean Connery'esque role like in The Last Crusade. He's just up there in age in 1-2 years time when filming starts. There is no way he will be as physical in the action scenes, 10 years ago was even pushing it. Definitely curious about this new script that Jon Kasdan is writing!
    And Connery was ‘only’ 59 in TLC!
    It’s so funny- when I saw the movie as a kid, I always assumed he was ancient, lol.

It also goes to show how good Ford looks for his age
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,588
    It’s so funny- when I saw the movie as a kid, I always assumed he was ancient, lol.

I find the moment in KOTCS where Indy gazes at the picture of a deseased Henry funny, even though Connery was alive and well and looked virtually the same.
    jake24 wrote: »

I find the moment in KOTCS where Indy gazes at the picture of a deseased Henry funny, even though Connery was alive and well and looked virtually the same.
    The photo they used was chosen... poorly.

Pretty much like the ones in Sp. Probably rights issues or something.
    If Ford does Indy it will surely set some kind of record for the same actor reprising multiple roles in different franchises over a period of decades.

Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Blade Runner. No other actor has done this.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,327

Interesting statement from Lynwen Brennan.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    $$$$....
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Exactly another Lucasfilm cash Cow that they have not really milked yet.

I wonder if Harrison has another death clause in his contract lol
    I hate to say it but there Are only two ways to do Indy 5

1. Have Indy telling a story of his younger days (with a new actor as the young Indy)

2. Have it be his final adventure where he seeks the Garden of Eden.. he of course finds it and decides why leave...
    This is just a cosplayer selling his jacket on Facebook- but check out that beard!
    I may be in the minority, but I’d love it if Ford rocked that look!

37812557_913594875493699_6434634021916901376_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=af3fdf1ac416745025ba84c4033dc236&oe=5BCFFC4C
    latest?cb=20080420144558
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    latest?cb=20080420144558

Nice pic.
    Yeah! Let’s have more of that!
    latest?cb=20080420144558

With a long scarf he might do a 4th Doctor movie as well while he is at it.
    Watching KOTCS on BBC2 at the moment. Haven’t seen it since 2008...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TR007 wrote: »
    Watching KOTCS on BBC2 at the moment. Haven’t seen it since 2008...

And after a decade, how's it going for you? I doubt I've seen it in five years now.
    So far it has its moments, but it’s far sillier than I remember and the Crystal Skull macguffin still doesn’t grab me.
    The quicksand scene with Marian and Indy was far more entertaining than I remember as was Indy’s introduction.
    I’m dreading the final half hour. That’s when things get really bad from what I recall.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think much of the problem with Skull is that it is a fourquel. If Last Crusade had never happened, people would be much happier to accept Kingdom as an ending to Indie's story.

The idea of moving forward and making it a 50's B science fiction film instead of traditional adventure was refreshing for the series. Much better than the plot of 3 which was mostly a retread of Raiders.

And learning about what came of the man is much more interesting than what he got up to as a young boy.
    I don’t trust this movie will be good.