Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

Maybe this could be an Indiana Jones/Zorro crossover?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Antonio Banderas Latest Addition To Next Installment In Franchise

https://deadline.com/2021/07/indiana-jones-5-antonio-banderas-1234793862/

This cast is growing. It'll also be interesting to see how this role differentiates from his role in the upcoming Uncharted film, although he's probably the main villain there.
    QONVIyz.gif
    This response is perfect indeed. The thread has reached its zenith.

Great news about Banderas.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It's good to see that good old Banderas, who has mostly been in low budget straight-to-dvd movies the last couple of decades, gets a shot at this. Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis should be added also :-)
    mtm wrote: »
    Indy’s been riding a horse through a NYC parade today: I’m pretty happy with that :D

Dear God no. I don’t want Cage or Willis anywhere near an Indy film.
    Banderas will hopefully be a welcome addition to the cast. Very dependable, good actor with great presence. Putting him together with Ford could be a master stroke.
  • Bruce Willis in an Indy film? I thought he'd retired.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well really, Bruce is only 66.

• Well really, Bruce is only 66.

He might as well of retired after all the direct to DVD rubbish he's made over the past few years.
    QONVIyz.gif

I love it
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 3,167
    12811247.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery
    E6r3buUWEA4SEbV?format=jpg&name=medium

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This does look tremendous fun, doesn't it?

I wonder what PLT stands for. I guess it's the working/cover title in a Blue Harvest-style way.
    Scene 67.
    In KOTCS it's the scene in the tent (57 min)
    In TOD it's the scene in the palace room where Indy is waiting for Willy (50 min)
    In ROTLA it's during the bazaar footchase (39 min)
    Scene 67.
    In KOTCS it's the scene in the tent (57 min)
    In TOD it's the scene in the palace room where Indy is waiting for Willy (50 min)
    In ROTLA it's during the bazaar footchase (39 min)

Thank you! This is exactly what I have tried to find out but was unsuccessful.
    So the Manhattan scenes could take place around the middle of the movie? Interesting. My current prediction for the order of the main settings is this:

1944/45 - France
    late 1950s - London
    1969 - NYC
    1969 - Italy or Greece
    1969 - North Africa
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Wow, Raiders really rockets through the scenes compared to the others!
    Bare in mind that a scene can be anything from a few seconds to several minutes.

Scene 17 in Raiders is only the following:
    "EXT Jocks's plane. Twilight.
    The plane soars off over the dark jungle"

Scene 61 in TOD is five pages (dinner at the palace.)

Besides changes are usually made to the script when the cameras get rolling. Some scenes are cut, extended, dialouge added or removed, etc. But if the clapperboard is anything to go by, I do think it's safe to say that the 1969 NY sequence isn't either the opener or the final climax.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Another thing that sprung to mind for me is that the opening prologue/opening sequences of the sequels are all considerably longer than the Raiders one and consist of longer scenes in fewer locations (I think, from memory). I wonder how long the opening scene of the new film will be, considering it looks like it's going to be a flashback? It will be interesting to see.
    the opening prologue/opening sequences of the sequels are all considerably longer than the Raiders one
    Just checked.

Raiders: 13 minutes
    TOD: 13 minutes
    TLC: 11 minutes
    KOTCS: 22 minutes (best part of the movie)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    the opening prologue/opening sequences of the sequels are all considerably longer than the Raiders one
    Just checked.

Raiders: 13 minutes
    TOD: 13 minutes
    TLC: 11 minutes
    KOTCS: 22 minutes (best part of the movie)

My memory fails me! Thank you for checking! 100% agreed about KOTCS.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Where are you drawing the line with the TOD opening? For me it’s probably all one sequence until they see the holy man standing by the river.
    mtm wrote: »
    Where are you drawing the line with the TOD opening?
    The plane leaving the airfield (before they all go to sleep). The holy man is at the 18min mark.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah, for me that act isn’t done until it moves into the village stuff.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Really fun video of a classic-looking Indy fight scene :)

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Harrison's still got the moves! Love the comedic relief in his sign-smashing doing absolutely nothing to that guy.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Looking spry!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Harrison's still got the moves!.
    That is his stunt double.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2021 Posts: 14,933
    Harrison's still got the moves! Love the comedic relief in his sign-smashing doing absolutely nothing to that guy.

Well, he hasn't at the moment! Presumably because of his injury.
    Note that the massive guy is wearing a leg support as he's injured too! :D

But yeah, that's a proper Indy gag isn't it? I'm getting good vibes so far...
    Mindblowing attention to details in the parade scene:
    E67QSZhXsAUi4Yv?format=jpg&name=medium

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2021 Posts: 14,933
    Mindblowing attention to details in the parade scene:
    E67QSZhXsAUi4Yv?format=jpg&name=medium

Heh! Wonderful. I guess they have to futureproof against 10K :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2021 Posts: 40,454
    Harrison's still got the moves!.
    That is his stunt double.

I stand corrected then, as I didn't even notice the differences (which is good). I hadn't heard any updates about his injury so I assumed he was back already.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2021 Posts: 5,869
    I don't know if anyone saw this, and I don't know how true any of it is but...

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-indiana-jones-5-phoebe-waller-bridge.html
    "Our source has it that Phoebe Waller-Bridge will play a British reporter named Clara Wolfe, a former university student of Harrison Ford’s Indiana Jones who stumbles onto the larger plot.

Additionally, this new Indiana Jones 5 exclusive has it that the mission at hand is Apollo 11, the one that landed Neil Armstrong on the moon to take a small step for man and a giant one for all of mankind. In the movie, Phoebe Waller-Bridge figures out that a conspiracy is at hand. One of the Apollo 11 astronauts dropped dead before the mission and someone (the government?) put an imposter/ lookalike in his place. Ultimately, she is arrested when Boyd Holbrook’s character (a police officer) sees her flashing off a picture of the deceased body being loaded into an ambulance, looking to shuttle him away.

And we have it, as part of another exclusive that Phoebe Waller-Bridge stumbling on this coverup of a dead astronaut is just the tip of the iceberg around a larger conspiracy. That’s because there is also going to be a time travel element to Indiana Jones 5. As part of the Space Race piece, it’s been out there that Mads Mikkelsen’s character is a former Nazi scientist, taken in by the United States government and NASA specifically as part of Operation Paperclip. This was meant to give the US a leg up in the race to the moon over their Russian counterparts. He’s actually trying to use the mission as a way to reverse time and have the Nazis win the war. It’s unclear right now if Phoebe Waller-Bridge also stumbles on this plot, but rest assured Indiana Jones will.
    "
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Maybe, she's also supposed to be
    Marcus Brody's granddaughter.
    I think there's a lot of nonsense swirling about this one. Maybe some of it will turn out to be true but it's hard to work out which bits at the moment.