Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Hopefully, nothing like Indy 4 ! :-q
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Yes, there is a reboot coming, the big rumour is that Chris Pratt it the man Disney want to play Indy. Think he would be good he can do action with the comedy edge needed to be Indiana Jones.

Speilberg appears to have confirmed his intentions to bring in Pratt
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/feb/23/steven-spielberg-direct-chris-pratt-indiana-jones

Mock up picture here of what he would look like in the gear

http://www.channel24.co.za/Movies/News/We-will-totally-love-it-if-Chris-Pratt-is-the-new-Indiana-Jones-20150128
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    If it were my choice and it was a few years ago I would go with Kenny Johnson who played kozik in Sons Of Anarchy he has similar rugged look like a young Harrison Ford but as he is now 52 it be 10 year atleast too late.

http://www.zimbio.com/Kenny+Johnson/pictures/pro

Another option is Karl Urban but so soon after Dredd and playing the new Dr Bones McCoy in Star Trek reboot I can't see him being considered.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I like it, personally. He has the look that Harrison Ford had when he was younger.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 9,767
    I don't mind replacing ford as much as I do hope the artifact will be a little better this time around.

That said considering ford's age I always thought if he had one more in him to go for the Garden of Eden as a nice. Lose to the series
    Paramount should never have sold the Indy-franchise.
    Pratt looks good in that mock up! But I do not want Indy remakes!!!! [-X
    I'd be happy with no more freaking aliens ! :))
    RogueAgent wrote: »

But we want him to kick some more Nazi behinds?? I know I do.

SaintMark wrote: »

Happy to have him kick German or Russian butts or even a neutral sort of villain like we did in Temple of Doom!
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 7,653
    SaintMark wrote: »

Happy to have him kick German or Russian butts or even a neutral sort of villain like we did in Temple of Doom!

The neutral villain you mention was the worst kind namely that of the religious variety and based upon the Thuggee cult that really did excist in India during the British rule. I actually quite liked that touch by Spielberg and Lucas.
  • RC7RC7
    Anyone got any ideas on how they'll go about the new Pratt-verse. I had a slightly drunken 3-4 hour chat with mates in the pub on Sunday. The collective thought, after chatting through some bat-shit ideas, was that they will unsurprisingly go for a Raiders tone and structure set in the 30s, not stepping too far away from the (albeit brilliant) template. NB. Not a remake. Seems obvious, but can't imagine them wanting another Crystal Skull on their hands. We assumed they'd approach it in a similar manner to SW VII, with a strong visual connection to the originals, but with a unique story. (At one point we talked about a 70's set story featuring the Khmer Rouge - that's how off track it went).

Our favourite option was for them to set it several years after TLC, around 40/41 with Indy travelling to Japan - the Yakuza featuring as the main villains (with the Axis in the background).
    Agreed, I said on first seeing Indy4, there were so many mysterious artifacts, that
    He could have been sent after. ;)
    As someone with a masters in history and consider myself an amateur archeologist/treasure hunter I am shocked in how many on that list I never even heard of.

three on the list I know and have researched (money pit, the treasure scroll and the knights Templar treasure) quite extensively but the rest are well news to me.
    They should steer clear of the Templar treasure as they already did a version with Indy 3 and it has done to dead in recent years.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Agreed, I said on first seeing Indy4, there were so many mysterious artifacts, that
    He could have been sent after. ;)

He could have still gone after a crystal skull and the filmmakers just deleted any reference to aliens. It wouldn't have been hard.
    If they cast the right person, I see no reason not to continue with the IJ franchise. I love the idea of Indy films more than the idea of one particular actor - the time period, the locations, the pulp serial/cliffhanger aspect, the adventure and lost treasure and chases - all of it. It brings out the little boy in me.

And I find it particularly interesting that, here on a James Bond website, we have so many people staunchly opposed to the series without its original actor. Six actors have played James Bond so far, and I for one am VERY glad they didn't stop after Connery.

It all comes down to finding the right actor. Not sure Chris Pratt is the one, although I haven't seen enough of him to judge either way. My own personal favorite at the moment is Karl Urban, but that's just me!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I find it particularly interesting that, here on a James Bond website, we have so many people staunchly opposed to the series without its original actor. Six actors have played James Bond so far, and I for one am VERY glad they didn't stop after Connery.
    Abundantly agreed! Like Bond, Indy must go on!
    I don't see any remakes or need for remakes. I think it will be a prequel to the originals and agree it will go back to late 30's early 40's. Speilberg wants Pratt, from what I can tell he is only interested in directing if Chris Pratt is onboard. As one of the original co-director (along with George Lucas) for the franchise I can't see Speilberg remake something he has already made. I think they will want to tapping back in to Heinrich Himmlers Ahnenerbe the Nazi archaeological/SS paranormal Division like ROTLA and TLC I think enough time has passed to tred this ground again for a new audience.
    I agree @Agent007391 keep the idea of looking for the skull, but drop the
    Aliens and flying saucers. :)) and cut back on the crappy CGI , do the stunts
    For real !
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I find it particularly interesting that, here on a James Bond website, we have so many people staunchly opposed to the series without its original actor. Six actors have played James Bond so far, and I for one am VERY glad they didn't stop after Connery.
    Abundantly agreed! Like Bond, Indy must go on!

Happy for Indy to go on, but just create NEW adventures for him to take on.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I want to see Indiana Jones up against vampires. Or Satan.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If Indy 5 happens soon, I want Timothy Dalton as the baddie.

I think Satan would be another step too far?
    I just want it grounded in some sort of believable history.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Indy fighting Satan? So basically the film is just Harrison Ford watching 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'' and then hunting down those responsible?
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 12,837
    They're definitely not going to remake any of them.

If they're going for a new stand alone film with a new actor (rather than an older Indy played by Ford with flashbacks to the new guy), then I think Colin Farrell could be good. Looks nothing like Harrison Ford sure but he's a good actor and has a sort of roguish likeability that you'd need for Indy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Karl Urban as Indy would be amazing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    Karl Urban as Indy would be amazing.
    Agreed. He would be amazing as anyone.

Or how about Leonardo Di Caprio as Indiana Jones? He has the worried squint and the charming smile in place.