Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's not a terrible title but certainly, for me, there's something missing. Might just be nostalgia but the first three titles have something about them that just feels right.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think the first two are great but I find Last Crusade a touch dull. Temple of Doom sounds silly and fun, Last Crusade doesn't really. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull got the fun back but perhaps tried to do everything, so if Dial is the title it's nice that they've kept it quite simple.
    Raiders of the Lost Ark is simply one of the coolest titles of any movie ever. Temple of Doom and Last Crusade are both super cool still, and Kingdom is long but neat sounding too. Dial of Destiny would be a great one.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It's not a terrible title but certainly, for me, there's something missing. Might just be nostalgia but the first three titles have something about them that just feels right.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing; there are songs that I strongly disliked when they first came out, but 30 years on I like them because they bring me back to good times.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yeah and familiarity will easily take over if it's Dial of Destiny.

And to me it would point to Harrison Ford's final adventure in the role.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It’s a snappy title. I certainly don’t hate it.
  • Dial of destiny is ok but also sounds like the name of a game show.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well bust a deal, face the wheel.

bust-a-deal-face-the-wheel.gif

• TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
  • Well bust a deal, face the wheel.

bust-a-deal-face-the-wheel.gif

Love it.
    IJ and the Dial of Destiny ??? Please - that is NOT really going to be the title, is it ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I've heard we should have a trailer by the end of the week.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    I've heard we should have a trailer by the end of the week.

Disney has a big presentation tomorrow, there will be multiple movie trailers by EOD Thursday.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I cannot wait. This is one of my most anticipated movies of next year. I can't believe we have to wait until June.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    A trailer was just shown at the Disney Content Showcase.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I need it in HD now, please.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Right?!
    Right?!

HD ? So demanding ! I am trying to find it online, unsuccessfully. I'd gladly watch it in L(ow)D !
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Since62 wrote: »
    Right?!

HD ? So demanding ! I am trying to find it online, unsuccessfully. I'd gladly watch it in L(ow)D !

I saw the leaked version when it appeared but the angle it was shot from was way off and it was hard to make out all the details. I need an upgrade.
  • From those of you who know how these things unfold traditionally...should we expect the trailer to drop online today?
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,419
    From those of you who know how these things unfold traditionally...should we expect the trailer to drop online today?

Disney is at the CCXP event today. They have stalls for Indiana Jones 5, Mandalorian Season 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, and Pixar's Elemental. I expect at least the Indy 5 trailer to be released today, the others may show trailers but they might not go online. The Indy one should finally be public, given the director's recent comments.

However, I've seen one reporter say the trailer may go online next week, for some reason.
  • Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed!
  • Oh and do we believe all these rumors about test screenings? So many articles and YouTubers talking about the "mess" that the screenings are. They all sound so bogus but good Lord, people really want this movie to fail. I don't understand this mentality. I keep reading "I TOLD YOU!" and "I KNEW IT! KATHLEEN KENNEDY WILL RUIN INDY!" and "DISNEY RUINS EVERYTHING!"

Why is everyone fueled by so much negativity? I swear the Internet is both the best and worst thing that ever happened to cinema.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Oh and do we believe all these rumors about test screenings? So many articles and YouTubers talking about the "mess" that the screenings are. They all sound so bogus but good Lord, people really want this movie to fail. I don't understand this mentality. I keep reading "I TOLD YOU!" and "I KNEW IT! KATHLEEN KENNEDY WILL RUIN INDY!" and "DISNEY RUINS EVERYTHING!"

Why is everyone fueled by so much negativity? I swear the Internet is both the best and worst thing that ever happened to cinema.

The constant regurgitating of these unsubstantiated rumors on countless outlets is nothing more than an echo chamber of lazy , sensationalistic, “ journalism”
    One rumor appears and it’s spread over and over and over again, giving the impression that there are multiple sources and confirmation.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh and do we believe all these rumors about test screenings?

We don't, no.
  • I didn't think so. It's so obviously bogus to me that I don't know why so many people seem to feed right into it. I guess people get excited about negativity.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 12,243
    https://media.tenor.com/893X93_bl2EAAAAd/james-bond-tomorrow-never-dies.gif

No reason to take the rumors as gospel, but it would also be totally unsurprising if it came to pass.