Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    I wouldn’t let Force Awakens be the barometer... he’ll be fine
    harrison-ford-77-proves-hes-a-perpetual-hunk-as-he-enjoys-a-bike-ride-around-town.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2020 Posts: 14,934
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    To be fair, this is what Harrison Ford looks like right now:

gq-bfotd-200211.jpg

Blimey I'm half his age and I wish I looked that good! :D
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    But if you watched the Force Awakens, Ford isn't quite up for it physically which is something Indy has prided itself on.

He did get his leg horribly broken on that set though (and actually could have been killed), so forgivable that he wasn't up for it physically! :D

harrison-ford-810x670.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Someone really needs to get him away from planes...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52481858
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ford in The Force Awakens looks good in some scenes and frail in others, though he did have the accident during filming. Some of Ford's scenes he will have still been recovering.
    I’m pretty sure you can tell the difference in TFA which scenes are before and which are after. His weight fluctuates a little and he does look frailer in some scenes. I thought he was great in that film. Really good. Way better than the Crystal skull
    I thought he was great in Blade Runner 2049.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Koepp did great, but Mangold is also an excellent choice.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    To quote Lieutenant Vasquez from ALIENS,
    “ Whatever you’re going to do, you’d better do it fast” ! 😏
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,934
    It does seem like the setback we feared when Mangold stepped on. They can't have started from scratch again, surely? I don't really get why Disney didn't start getting a film together when they took over the rights.
    I see that sadly IJ5 is in production hell again! X_X
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Has something happened?

There was a report the other day where Koepp said Spielberg stepped away because all parties involved couldn’t agree on the script, which is such a shame. If he’d walked away because he’d been there and done that with Indy I’d have been fine, but it’s sad to hear we’ve lost out on the last Spielberg Indy film because he wasn’t enjoying it.
    There's no part of me that believes INDY 5 is actually going to happen.
    mtm wrote: »
    Has something happened?

There was a report the other day where Koepp said Spielberg stepped away because all parties involved couldn’t agree on the script, which is such a shame. If he’d walked away because he’d been there and done that with Indy I’d have been fine, but it’s sad to hear we’ve lost out on the last Spielberg Indy film because he wasn’t enjoying it.

Other than what you read which was the story i was referring too. But seeing as production of movies is massively reduced? I can't see Ford coming back? I think it may well be recast?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well they do seem to be making movies again so I guess in prospect there’s nothing stopping it going soon (unless, to be blunt, Ford’s age and resultant being in the most at risk category would affect that), but yeah, they just seem to not be getting there.

I hope they do use Ford as at this point I’m just too curious to see how it would work, but who knows.

Beyond this movie I’d rather like to see them making a Mandalorian-style Disney + series with a new lead (maybe even framed by Ford). Mandalorian almost is an Indy series: did you see the episode where he’s climbing up a Jawa tank thing?
    Well they do seem to be making movies again so I guess in prospect there’s nothing stopping it going soon (unless, to be blunt, Ford’s age and resultant being in the most at risk category would affect that), but yeah, they just seem to not be getting there.

I hope they do use Ford as at this point I’m just too curious to see how it would work, but who knows.

Beyond this movie I’d rather like to see them making a Mandalorian-style Disney + series with a new lead (maybe even framed by Ford). Mandalorian almost is an Indy series: did you see the episode where he’s climbing up a Jawa tank thing?

Sadly i have not seen any of the episodes.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I haven’t seen them all but it’s worth a watch if you can. Basically you get a Lucasfilm action scene every week, and the serialised format would take Indy back to his roots.
    Yes I haven’t seen them all but it’s worth a watch if you can. Basically you get a Lucasfilm action scene every week, and the serialised format would take Indy back to his roots.

Sounds interesting!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    There's no part of me that believes INDY 5 is actually going to happen.

Same, I honestly lost any hope when they delayed it last year.
    I’m skeptical as anyone else if this movie will happen, but I took Spielberg’s exit as a big plus, critically needed actually. They need to soft reboot and return this series to action adventure not sentimental dopey family comedy that Spielberg (and Lucas) would deliver again.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    To be honest I’d be happy with anything. Put out some well-written pulpy books, a cartoon show, a video game, anything. I realise Disney bought Lucasfilm for Star Wars, but the Indiana Jones property isn’t nothing.
    Yeah, but a lot of it I think has to do with Kathleen Kennedy has no idea what she’s doing, so I don’t see those things happening... and if they did, it would be with the goal of making it more female centric, so it’s probably best that it hasn’t happened.

I’ve no doubt that it one day will happen because Disney sees the $$ and will want to completely reboot it. But they’re probably waiting out of respect for Spielberg, who now no longer cares, and Ford, who does still care and wants to play the part.
    I had read so much about new Indy films, starring Chris Pratt, that it seemed rather a done deal. However, the newest news was all about the original folks, and how they're backing out. Were there to be another film with Harrison Ford, would they get to the part where Indy loses an eye, to match up with the TV show ? Or was he supposed to be wearing the patch for another reason -- such as poor vision from that eye, a temporary injury, a recent visit to the eye doc, etc. ? For an action character, it sure seemed that it was supposed to have occurred in the midst of some adventure. As for any "passing of the torch" to Shia L., that sure seems unlikely. His career ain't what it used to be, and, even as of the time that KOTCS was released, he was not widely regarded as a young hearthrob or budding leading man.
    So...time for a new Indy ? Set the stories in period, with just a different actor playing the same H Ford Indy ? Set them modern-day with -- yet another -- Indy son ? He could even be -- simply going with another actor -- playing the same son. That would bring them up to late 50s, early 60s.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Just to put this out there, but I'm not in the slightest interested to see another Indiana Jones film that doesn't star Harrison Ford. Same goes for Han Solo, although that ship has sailed and sunk. Spielberg should direct his attentions to original quality material, and stop making bad cinema. It's embarrassing to see a genius do things like RP1 or The BFG or Indy 4 for that matter, which, in my head, doesn't exist, never did.
    I think National Treasure 3 has a better chance and also why isn’t there a National Treeasure 3 lol I always felt they were a modern version of Indiana Jones
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Yeah, but a lot of it I think has to do with Kathleen Kennedy has no idea what she’s doing, so I don’t see those things happening... and if they did, it would be with the goal of making it more female centric, so it’s probably best that it hasn’t happened.

I’ve no doubt that it one day will happen because Disney sees the $$ and will want to completely reboot it. But they’re probably waiting out of respect for Spielberg, who now no longer cares, and Ford, who does still care and wants to play the part.

Indiana Jones had a daughter in the Young Indiana Jones series, watch Kennedy make the fifth movie about her.
    Univex wrote: »
    Just to put this out there, but I'm not in the slightest interested to see another Indiana Jones film that doesn't star Harrison Ford. Same goes for Han Solo, although that ship has sailed and sunk. Spielberg should direct his attentions to original quality material, and stop making bad cinema. It's embarrassing to see a genius do things like RP1 or The BFG

+1
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Walecs wrote: »

Indiana Jones had a daughter in the Young Indiana Jones series, watch Kennedy make the fifth movie about her.
    Univex wrote: »
    Just to put this out there, but I'm not in the slightest interested to see another Indiana Jones film that doesn't star Harrison Ford. Same goes for Han Solo, although that ship has sailed and sunk. Spielberg should direct his attentions to original quality material, and stop making bad cinema. It's embarrassing to see a genius do things like RP1 or The BFG

+1

Did he? Was that in the elderly Indy bits?
    I always hated that series as a kid: it just had nothing to do with Indy. Neither the subject matter nor the tone came anywhere near to the movies. At least the Young Bond books feel like Bond.
    Cast it well, and a daugher of Indy could be far more entertaining than was Shia L in KOTCS...Charlize Theron has become quite the boss in action movies !
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,934
    I don't know if they should do yet another child of Indy, but a younger female non-romantic sidekick would seem to be the way they're likely to go just because it's pretty much the only version of sidekick they haven't done yet. To be honest, watching Force Awakens it almost feels like that team of Ford, Ridley and Boyega could've slipped straight into an Indy movie and they'd have been rather charming together.

I do love Indiana Jones so likelihood is I would give a recast a chance when it eventually happens. Ford is brilliant and one of the best movie stars ever, but so was Sean Connery, and we're rather all on a website about a series that managed to thrive even after it replaced him.
  • Walecs wrote: »

Pollyanna Jones?