SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favourite Sean Connery as Bond Moments

1227228229230231233»

Comments

Octopussy wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    Connery's Bond was full of many memorable moments, but these are probably my favourite:

Bond. James Bond.
    That's a Smith & Wesson, and you've had your six.
    World Domination, same old dream.
    Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
    Shocking. Positively shocking.
    An ejector seat? You're joking!
    We are playing strict rules, so I'm afraid you lose the hole and the match.
    Do you expect me to talk?
    I must be dreaming!

Then there's literally all the dialogue from Thunderball, in particular his repartee with Largo throughout the film.

"Wait til you get to my teeth".

+1

"Do you know much about guns, Mr. Bond?"
    "No, I know a little about women."

"Looks terribly difficult"
    "no it isn't, is it?"

Seldom has a main villain been more stylishly been irritated.

@Seve that's anamazing memory. For me GE was the first I saw in the cinema, and I'm afraid it wasn't as glamourous as yours. It was in a stylish cinema, but somehow the junk of many films before (it was the last showing) didn't help much. Neither is it as magical as yours was.

Every Bond fans first theatrical viewing is magical, no matter the film or location.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Connery's Bond was full of many memorable moments, but these are probably my favourite:

Bond. James Bond.
    I must be dreaming!

Then there's literally all the dialogue from Thunderball, in particular his repartee with Largo throughout the film.

+1

"no it isn't, is it?"

@Seve that's anamazing memory. For me GE was the first I saw in the cinema, and I'm afraid it wasn't as glamourous as yours. It was in a stylish cinema, but somehow the junk of many films before (it was the last showing) didn't help much. Neither is it as magical as yours was.

Every Bond fans first theatrical viewing is magical, no matter the film or location.

Oh that it is. I just vividly remember the setting, sitting between piles of old popcorn next to my father and brother. Seeing this amazing jump off the dam. GE was a good theatrical start ;-)
  • delfloria wrote: »

Bond. James Bond.
    I must be dreaming!

+1

"no it isn't, is it?"

^ Seconded. ^
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    edited November 2020 Posts: 131
    Watching SF with my dad, eating overpriced cinema sweets (and having my eyes covered by him half the time) was an experience I'll never forget. 'Twas wonderful.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    edited December 2020 Posts: 11,760
    Thanks to all who contributed here!
    Lovely, wonderful memories shared on this thread.
    And what special experiences @delfloria. I really value your comments here. And how I would have loved to have a little time with Pierce and Jane Seymour.

So, end of December now. Let me apologize for my delayed return. I was waylaid by other things in life. Life is okay for me, no worries. I just get tugged away, like by a riptide at times.

Here's a lovely parting shot of Sean and Shirley during the making of Goldfinger.
    I'll have to say bye for now, because I cannot commit to when I shall return ... but like the man himself, really, "I never left" (in spirit). See you round the forum sometime. Take good care, enjoy your New Year's safely. B-)

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Don't be long @4EverBonded ! You're missed over here!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    Thanks very much, @CommanderRoss. I shall try.