X-Men (2000 - 20)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This doesn t look very interesting.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    X Men: Dark Phoenix (release date: November 2, 2018) and Deadpool 2 (release date: June 1, 2018) have both wrapped filming this past weekend.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Certainly interesting, but not sure if it's something that's going to hold my attention.

I only have seen first vijf x-men movies.
    But i get Brian Cox Wolverine / Bourne feeling.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,690
    1st official poster for Deadpool 2:

deadpool-2-poster1.jpg
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,690
    The 1st proper trailer for Deadpool 2 has been rated, and is likely to be released in the coming few weeks.

seeing Colossus in Deadpool was a nice surprise.
    Set in 1992, about 10 years after the events of last year’s X-Men: Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix opens with the X-Men, including Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Quicksilver (Evan Peters), in a new, unexpected role: national heroes. Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) even lands on the cover of Time magazine. But his growing ego puts the team at risk. “Pride is starting to get the better of him, and he is pushing the X-Men to more extreme missions,” Kinberg says. After they’re dispatched to space for a rescue mission, a solar flare hits the X-Jet and the surge of energy ignites a malevolent, power-hungry new force within Jean (Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner)— the Phoenix.

dark-phoenix.png
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    And the timeline continues to muddle. These kids need to share their anti-aging secrets!
    And the timeline continues to muddle. These kids need to share their anti-aging secrets!

rs_400x203-170327172112-Tom_Cruise_--_classified.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't even know what the hell is going on in these movies anymore but I'll probably see it. I quite enjoy these movies for some reason.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

The kids hell, James McAvoy only has 8 years to age into Patrick Stewart.
    The franchise has become so lazy. They are rehashing old storylines from 10 years ago and reintroducing already established characters as a shortcut way of trying to get us to care about the series.

First Class was a pleasant surprise and Logan was a work of art, but they tried new directions rather than recycling old ideas.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The kids hell, James McAvoy only has 8 years to age into Patrick Stewart.

Haha, that hadn't even crossed my mind. :))
    So far behind the XMen universe! No doubt a reboot will happen soon with the next phase of Marvel films?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Assuming the Disney buy out happens.
    Doesn't Disney own enough of the world yet? I mean, seriously. Monopolies are one thing, but they surpassed that point even before they bought Star Wars.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Doesn't Disney own enough of the world yet? I mean, seriously. Monopolies are one thing, but they surpassed that point even before they bought Star Wars.

Basically, if a movie costs more than 100 mill to make today then I suspect it to be a corporate mess. Walt would agree with me IMHO.
    @chrisisall, it's definitely harder to profit now in the industry not only for the increased costs of running a production but also for the monolithic and constant competition with other films. When your film budget is over $200 million AND you're spending even more just to market a film, you know you're in trouble. Even after you break even there's the weight of profit over your head and all the circles of people who have to be paid for making or distributing the film. What a nightmare that must be.

Disney seem to be immune to the pitfalls everyone else are falling into all the time when it comes to filmmaking (profit-wise, as they do seem to have a shoddy record with how they treat their employees), so I must again ask, do they need another franchise?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    It's mostly all about the immediate super $ score now... in film AND in business in general.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    It's mostly all about the immediate super $ score now... in film AND in business in general.

It really takes the creative soul out of the equation, doesn't it? The art of filmmaking has seldom ever felt like less of an actual art before.
    Really looking forward to it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,327
    Me too more than I was I think because Singer has departed I am curious which direction they will take.

Still think this is great, I have all the box sets and watch it now and then, currently midway through season 2.
    X Men: New Mutants has been delayed from April 13th, 2018 to February 22nd, 2019.

Deadpool 2's release moves up to May 18th, 2018.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Season 2 of Legion:

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I loved her in Attack of the Clones.
    A set photo from the new X-Men movie. I'm pretty sad they aren't wearing the cool costumes from the end of Apocalypse...

28951217_178295296292374_4736137699465887744_n.jpg?oh=f282aefb0365bdd99a1c7c7dbc440ceb&oe=5B33D8BE
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,690
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix pushed back from November 2, 2018 to February 14, 2019.

X-Men: New Mutants pushed back again, from February 22, 2019 to August 2, 2019.