X-Men (2000 - 20)

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,416
    She looks very much on Chloë Grace Moretz, made me curious or she will later play older version of that chacter.
    Logan Noir official trailer...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    When the little girl takes off her rucksack with that expression on her face, you somehow know all those guys are in trouble. It s such a great little moment.
    Yet to see Logan though not long to wait till I can buy it, I am preparing to be impressed from all the positive reviews.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    When the little girl takes off her rucksack with that expression on her face, you somehow know all those guys are in trouble. It s such a great little moment.

I especially liked the "No......no...." that Holbrook gives her. He knows they're in trouble now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, I'm shocked you didn't see it in the cinema. I think it's a very special film for comic book lovers especially, as it celebrates storytelling, myth and the nature of mythic heroes that impact our lives in a beautiful way, amongst other things. I eagerly await your reaction.
    @fire_and_ice, I'm shocked you didn't see it in the cinema. I think it's a very special film for comic book lovers especially, as it celebrates storytelling, myth and the nature of mythic heroes that impact our lives in a beautiful way, amongst other things. I eagerly await your reaction.

My job I don't get much spare time unfortunately, unless it's IMAX I find watching a film at home better than cinema. It sounds daft not even seen Logan, though the fact there is a Noir version on the Bluray got me more excited for the film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Well I finally saw it yesterday. Not bad. I'm not all that familiar with the mythos and what not (I was never a big X-Men comic book fan although I've seen all the films). I liked it but it's not my favourite. That still remains 2013's The Wolverine. I thought the kid did a good job and the interplay between Stewart and Jackman was also great. The latter really impresses here, with a nuanced performance. The villains were dull as dishwater though.

I recall reading comments by users suggesting that Bond go in this direction with the next one. I sincerely hope not. This was a bit too heavy for my tastes but was a fitting conclusion, if a bit morose.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,812
    bondjames wrote: »
    Well I finally saw it yesterday. Not bad. I'm not all that familiar with the mythos and what not (I was never a big X-Men comic book fan although I've seen all the films). I liked it but it's not my favourite. That still remains 2013's The Wolverine. I thought the kid did a good job and the interplay between Stewart and Jackman was also great. The latter really impresses here, with a nuanced performance. The villains were dull as dishwater though.

I agree. It really was a great film but I enjoyed The Wolverine a bit more over Logan. The Wolverine felt more comic book movie to me which is what I prefer from a comic book movie. I just wish it was rated R.
    The villains were pretty bland in Logan. I really wish they would've went with Victor Creed, aka Sabertooth, as a brain washed villain instead of the Logan clone. I believe that was the initial idea before it was changed.
    The X-Men spinoff movie The New Mutants is said to be a regular horror movie.
    McAvoy and Fassbender both return in X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX in November next year. Jessica Chastain rumoured as Empress Lilandra.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2017 Posts: 4,416
    The Black Panther trailer

X -men spinoff too ? Curious or Halle Barry wil pop up in later movie, because he is Storm Husband and Fox also can use him in Fantastic Four sequel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_(comics)

Will Junkie xl (Dutch Dj/composer) return for Deadpool 2? Now he is replaced by Danny Elfman for another movie.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/elfman-replaces-junkie-xl-on-justice-league/

wumo590c6eeeab3617.95753076.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    M_Balje wrote: »
    The Black Panther trailer

X -men spinoff too ? Curious or Halle Barry wil pop up in later movie, because he is Storm Husband and Fox also can use him in Fantastic Four sequel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_(comics)

Will Junkie xl (Dutch Dj/composer) return for Deadpool 2? Now he is replaced by Danny Elfman for another movie.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/elfman-replaces-junkie-xl-on-justice-league/

No. Fox own the rights to X-Men and Fantastic 4 and seeing as Black Panther is owned by Marvel Studios he won't be showing up in the aforementioned properties and vice versa. Secondly, T'Challa divorced Storm during Avengers Vs X-Men but they're currently dating again (let's see how long that lasts before the X-office try to sabotage their relationship again).
    WUMO-comics-Magneto-Marvel-1269203.jpeg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    1st set image of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the 1st film in the new upcoming X Men 'trilogy'. Starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, and Evan Peters.

DEp4tzQUIAAM2Eg.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So the fourth film in the last trilogy, huh?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,686
    '''X-Men: Dark Phoenix' is intended to be the thirteenth installment in the X-Men film series, and the beginning of a new X-Men trilogy.''

Although, @Agent007391, you are way more well-versed in comic books films than I am, so you most likely know more about this film than me. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Actually, my joke was about the movie having the same cast as the last few movies. Still, we're coming a bit too close to X1 for McAvoy and Fassbender to rapidly age into Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
    More X-Men is a good thing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Actually, my joke was about the movie having the same cast as the last few movies. Still, we're coming a bit too close to X1 for McAvoy and Fassbender to rapidly age into Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.

This timeline has never made sense anyway. I'm just glad Hugh got to go out strong, and can leave Fox to tarnishing more of the property.
    Trailer for the New Mutants spin-off is dropping tomorrow, Friday the 13th:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/3464408/new-mutants-trailer-dropping-friday-13th/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,105

Not impressed by the trailer

Here is a crash course in The New Mutants

1st half of the trailer was okay, but once it turns full blown horror at the end, I really liked it. Will it be rated R like Wolverine/Deadpool?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Not sure what rating New Mutants is though I guess it will be R rated, I believe it's a full on horror film
    Certainly interesting, but not sure if it's something that's going to hold my attention.
    Oh wow, it's a film? I'm an idiot, I've been under the impression it was a show this whole time.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,105
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Oh wow, it's a film? I'm an idiot, I've been under the impression it was a show this whole time.

There are a couple of Mutant shows Legion and the new show is The Gifted which Bryan Singer is involved with...

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-gifted/256921/the-gifted-episode-3-trailer-details-and-episode-guide

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, perhaps that's why, there's so damn many of these spin-offs I'm getting them all mixed up.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, perhaps that's why, there's so damn many of these spin-offs I'm getting them all mixed up.

Me too FOX are trying to match Disney Marvel's output it would seem, I think having so many Xmen films and shows could get confusing.