Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondsum wrote: »
    I don't understand this "loyalty" thing of which some of you speak. I loved Bond in the 70s as much as I did going to see a new Clint Eastwood movie. They were both on an equal footing to me. There's absolutely nothing to say one can't equally enjoy both Bond and Ethan Hunt at the same time. If anything, you should be rejoicing that there's another franchise out there that's giving Bond a run for his money—if not doing the stunts bigger and better, or at least being released in your local multiplex a damn sight quicker than Bond is right now. For me, Freefall is the must-see event movie of the year. If the bar has been raised by Tom Cruise then its up to the Bond producers to meet it with their next adventure. Competition is healthy.

Freefall? I thought it was called Sellout?
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 3,333
    Ooops, I meant Fallout @Thunderfinger. But it ain't no sellout!

Time for me to get off these threads. It's rotting my brain.
    Ooops, I meant Fallout @Thunderfinger. But it ain't no sellout!

Ooops!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Damn...they've gone rogue AGAIN??!!

Anyway still looks amazing.
    Damn...they've gone rogue AGAIN??!!

Yes, and people complain about Bond s personal stuff and moles.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    I don't understand this "loyalty" thing of which some of you speak. I loved Bond in the 70s as much as I did going to see a new Clint Eastwood movie. They were both on an equal footing to me. There's absolutely nothing to say one can't equally enjoy both Bond and Ethan Hunt at the same time. If anything, you should be rejoicing that there's another franchise out there that's giving Bond a run for his money—if not doing the stunts bigger and better, or at least being released in your local multiplex a damn sight quicker than Bond is right now. For me, Freefall is the must-see event movie of the year. If the bar has been raised by Tom Cruise then its up to the Bond producers to meet it with their next adventure. Competition is healthy.

That's exactly right. Furthermore, I don't think MI is even doing the Bond thing. Bond movies have almost never been very high octane action thrillers. Its a different beast. GF, LALD and OHMSS have nothing in common with this series. Love both to death.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What is this Freefall you keep talking about?

a movie with Mick Jagger I believe.
    With a thick mustache.
    Um, this trailer flat-out embarrasses Spectre, in my opinion. Amazing stuff.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    boldfinger wrote: »
    With a thick mustache.

Ethan v Superman: Dawn of Mustache
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    With a thick mustache.
    Ethan v Superman: Dawn of Mustache
    You just won the internet today.
    The sequel to Skyfall
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Fan-made trailer for John Wick 2 made in the style of the 1st Mission Impossible: Fallout trailer:

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Fan-made trailer for John Wick 2 made in the style of the 1st Mission Impossible: Fallout trailer:

Pretty good at the beginning but goes way off towards the end.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Vanessa Kirby ''Kitty'' scene looks very funny.

Overall a good and fair trailer, who re-confirm this wil be mi's Skyfall, but les empty and more faster respons on Ethant.
  • The trailer for Fallout is making me miss Brad Bird's levity.
    The "I'm jumping out of a window" line is pretty light-hearted @TooManySomethings. How much levity do you want in the movie?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The "I'm jumping out of a window" line is pretty light-hearted @TooManySomethings. How much levity do you want in the movie?

He is angry because he kept saying that Fallout would be light on action due to Cruise wanting to show more drama & personal life problems for Ethan Hunt, and then we've got 2 trailers that are literally jam packed with action.
    Oh, I see. Thanks @DaltonCraig007. I guess there's no pleasing some people.
  • bondsum wrote: »

He is angry because he kept saying that Fallout would be light on action due to Cruise wanting to show more drama & personal life problems for Ethan Hunt, and then we've got 2 trailers that are literally jam packed with action.

I said that once I think. But hey I'm not into insulting people for their opinions.

I said that once I think. But hey I'm not into insulting people for their opinions.

If you see an insult in my post, you must give me the name of your oculist. ;)

If you see an insult in my post, you must give me the name of your oculist. ;)

But then you would need my time machine, I'm not that generous.

Well the tone is otherwise a case of "This is the worst thing we've ever been through!", which can drain the fun out of it.

Well the tone is otherwise a case of "This is the worst thing we've ever been through!", which can drain the fun out of it.
    I didn't read it as that. I read it as: "Don't bother me now, I'm busy... I'm about to jump out of a window!!"
    Thought you might find this amusing, at least :

Now, when will she do a Bond medley clip ?

That looks fantastic!!!
    New trailer
    Remote control BMW?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It's just getting better, and better.