Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• I'm stoked for M:I-6. I mean, I wish we were getting all these slow teases for B25 right now, but thank heavens for M:I in the mean time.

And watching that second clip there, I just realized acting for film must be incredibly challenging. You're surrounded by tons of people moving about, a camera right there in your face, boom mikes hovering overhead, and you have to be completely in the moment, committed to your character and the scene. That takes total focus, total immersion. I guess after enough experience you acclimate to it all and just naturally tune everything else out.

Still, I can kind of understand why Christian Bale flipped out on that lighting guy that one time.
    First photo of Mission Impossible 6 as they wrap filming in New Zealand
    WYHuy9y.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice to see other spies adopting the turtleneck and jacket combo of Daniel's Bond. I wonder if Ethan borrowed that tactleneck from Sterling Archer?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The team's looking really good in that photo. Seems like Ilsa is working with the crew now from that shot at least.
    Great pic! Must see the Rogue Nation still, I know Obrady will be shouting at his screen reading this! Lol!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Tom's definitely looking the senior agent part for this movie. Is he going to pass the baton?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Great pic! Must see the Rogue Nation still, I know Obrady will be shouting at his screen reading this! Lol!

You're right! Get on that, man!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't wait to see what they're looking at. I wonder when the first trailer may be in store for us.
    this looks good so far

I am trying, honest! lol!
  • RC7RC7

I am trying, honest! lol!

It's on Netflix (UK).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is now confirmed. Preikestolen, which is located not too far from Stavanger, will be closed for nine days in September due to filming.
    ?image=%2Fdbimgs%2FPreikestolen-Panoramic-Sunset2NEW2SHARPENREADY-1PERFECT2-1.jpg&action=Background_Overlay
    I can only imagine they're going to dive off that cliff (possibly on bikes knowing Cruise). Beautiful setting, and I still can't believe that they allow tourists up there without a fence.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can only imagine they're going to dive off that cliff (possibly on bikes knowing Cruise). Beautiful setting, and I still can't believe that they allow tourists up there without a fence.

Now I'm pining for a practical stunt of Cruise diving off the side on a motorcycle and opening a parachute in the final moments to save himself.

I'd pay damn good money for that.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

Now I'm pining for a practical stunt of Cruise diving off the side on a motorcycle and opening a parachute in the final moments to save himself.

I'd pay damn good money for that.
    A tribute to Sir Rog. I hope he does it. Either that or a climb up (à la FYEO).
    It's at moments like these that I worry about Tom. He trains hard and is super professional, but I still want him to be careful.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    20181132_1913181059007277_4725431655961985024_n.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I am very excited for this movie. I've been an MI fan since the first film back in '96. I thought the films have really taken it up a notch since Ghost Protocol, and Rogue Nation certainly delivered. Cruise often surrounds himself with decent cast members. I like the inclusion of Alec Baldwin into the team, and was happy to learn he would return in MI:6
    Maybe it's just me, but Henry Cavill looks skinnier than usual. Certainly not baulked up like he does for Superman. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wont judge before the film comes out. But I usually find him to be on the same level as a plank of wood acting wise.
    I'm sure whatever stunt is being hyped up for this will deliver. Cruise is nuts when it comes to these action set pieces, and I bet it wont disappoint. I thought the plane scenes in RN were some of the best action scenes put on celluloid, so I'm eager to see what we get here.
    Anyone know when the first trailer is likely to happen?

(Without Bond, Ethan Hunt and crew are my go to action series)
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,599

The aircraft in the background is a C17 and the base is RAF Brize Norton, very interesting.

http://www.henrycavillnews.com/2017/07/henrys-new-photo-from-mission.html
    patb wrote: »

The aircraft in the background is a C17 and the base is RAF Brize Norton, very interesting.

http://www.henrycavillnews.com/2017/07/henrys-new-photo-from-mission.html

They certainly look like they are all enjoying themselves!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,415
    New name name: David Mumeni (Snow White and The Huntsman 2) Wil play Marine Sergeant. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4176253/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

July 27, 2017 - July 27, 2018: as of today, exactly 1 year left until Mission Impossible 6.
    Preikestolen, the cliff I mentioned before, is 10 000 years old, but since around 1930, there has been a crack in it.
    a917aaa5-6f67-489f-b47e-0057a62e0fec?fit=crop&h=810&q=80&w=1440
    It expands with a few milimetres every other decade. Geologists fear it will eventually fall into the fjord and cause a tidal wave. I hope Tom Cruise won t make it happen.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He won't hang glide over the title wave, will he?
    It means The Pulpit.
    talos7 wrote: »
    He won't hang glide over the title wave, will he?
    Oh dear. Terrible memories just flashed across my mind. Tom will at least do it without the CGI, which is something.
    July 27, 2017 - July 27, 2018: as of today, exactly 1 year left until Mission Impossible 6.
    Thanks for this @DaltonCraig007. I had no idea they were going for a mid summer release with this one. They must be confident.
    Nice to see other spies adopting the turtleneck and jacket combo of Daniel's Bond. I wonder if Ethan borrowed that tactleneck from Sterling Archer?

Well, "Mission: Impossible" is certainly on its way to become the definite 'American Bond' ;-). Just curious if he will portray Ethan 'Bond'....ehh...Hunt as many times as Sir Roger Moore and Sir Sean Connery did ;-).
    If I was a script write, I would far rather have the task of changing the team dynamic, loosing the boss, new boss etc than have the main character stay but have a new actor etc,

if handled correctly, MI can just keep on going (it really is a very clever foundation)
    patb wrote: »
    If I was a script write, I would far rather have the task of changing the team dynamic, loosing the boss, new boss etc than have the main character stay but have a new actor etc,

if handled correctly, MI can just keep on going (it really is a very clever foundation)

Agreed on all accounts!