Badlands (Predator 6) and the Predator franchise.

12346»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Has Prey already dropped on Disney+, if yes I will resubscribe.

It has in my part of the world.

Cheers I will watch it later.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Prey well that was pretty intense, the first half of the film was excellent and displayed the lost art of visual story telling. It got a bit hokey in the second half of the film on occasion though still maintained a certain level of quality.
    The girl was beaten when The Predator pinned her down by the neck, with his superior strength he would have killed her instantly with a snap, I wish the film makers had avoided that situation.
    Overall I really enjoyed this film and was on the edge of my seat.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Prey well that was pretty intense, the first half of the film was excellent and displayed the lost art of visual story telling. It got a bit hokey in the second half of the film on occasion though still maintained a certain level of quality.
    The girl was beaten when The Predator pinned her down by the neck, with his superior strength he would have killed her instantly with a snap, I wish the film makers had avoided that situation.
    Overall I really enjoyed this film and was on the edge of my seat.

Oh good, I'm glad you like the film, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,105
    I loved the
    Snake
    scene in Prey. There is always a bigger fish.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 9 Posts: 15,686
    Dan Trachtenberg returning in the director chair for Badlands, the next standalone Predator installment:

https://deadline.com/2024/02/dan-trachtenberg-predator-movie-badlands-1235820417/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dan Trachtenberg returning in the director chair for Badlands, the next standalone Predator installment:

https://deadline.com/2024/02/dan-trachtenberg-predator-movie-badlands-1235820417/

After the last one, I'm absolutely down for more Predator.
    I think this is the way to go with the franchise doing stand alone movies.

The last one was an excellent template for doing that and I immediately wanted to see a similar approach in the future: a samurai Predator film, a Western Predator film, etc. etc.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

The last one was an excellent template for doing that and I immediately wanted to see a similar approach in the future: a samurai Predator film, a Western Predator film, etc. etc.

Dropping the Predator into different historical periods is consistent with there motives, plus it allows the opportunity to drop the Predator into different genres of film.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Dropping the Predator into different historical periods is consistent with there motives, plus it allows the opportunity to drop the Predator into different genres of film.

Exactly. It's the perfect opportunity for such an approach.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I second that. This departure from big "franchise" setups with films delivering only half a story (Prometheus, Alien Covenant) is more than welcome. Let's take it back to the one film at a time approach. This allows for more creativity too. PREY was a perfectly enjoyable standalone film that doesn't require any homework, nor leaves you waiting for a sequel that finishes the story but probably never gets made (The Predator).
    Olivia Munn reveals breast cancer diagnosis, says she had double mastectomy

Wishing her well.