The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

Comments

• ^ Not yet! But I am checking daily @ https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/no-time-to-die
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I need to buy my tickets early. I was scrambling around the last time for Spectre since it was sold out on opening night.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    With the UK tickets going on sale in 5 days I just want to see if I've got my facts right about which London cinema is the 'best' venue to watch No Time To Die at. (So let's put Vue Manchester Printworks IMAX aside for now.)

1) The ODEON BFI IMAX. But this is only if they do a 70mm print of NTTD. Otherwise it won't be as full of a picture than...

2) The Cineworld Leicester Square IMAX (not to be confused with the ODEON Leicester Square, which isn't IMAX??).

So at this point in time it's the Cineworld LS but we should be keeping a tab on the BFI just in case. I think that's it?? :D
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    With the UK tickets going on sale in 5 days I just want to see if I've got my facts right about which London cinema is the 'best' venue to watch No Time To Die at. (So let's put Vue Manchester Printworks IMAX aside for now.)

1) The ODEON BFI IMAX. But this is only if they do a 70mm print of NTTD. Otherwise it won't be as full of a picture than...

2) The Cineworld Leicester Square IMAX (not to be confused with the ODEON Leicester Square, which isn't IMAX??).

So at this point in time it's the Cineworld LS but we should be keeping a tab on the BFI just in case. I think that's it?? :D

I would say Odeon Leicester Square should be 2) here. The thing with the Cineworld is that - although it's an even wider screen than the BFI - it's not as tall. Only getting 26% more (like at BFI if it's showing off digital) as opposed to 40% more. And with a proper 70mm IMAX shot film like this the full height is IMO such a crucial part of it, especially on a screen on such scale. The Odeon won't be IMAX so will be 2.40:1, but it has Dolby Cinema 4K HDR projection and Dolby Atmos sound - IMAX aside it's really the best experience (plus the new refurbishment with reclining seats looks amazing despite the price).
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    ^ Not yet! But I am checking daily @ https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/no-time-to-die

Same here. :P
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    antovolk wrote: »

I would say Odeon Leicester Square should be 2) here. The thing with the Cineworld is that - although it's an even wider screen than the BFI - it's not as tall. Only getting 26% more (like at BFI if it's showing off digital) as opposed to 40% more. And with a proper 70mm IMAX shot film like this the full height is IMO such a crucial part of it, especially on a screen on such scale. The Odeon won't be IMAX so will be 2.40:1, but it has Dolby Cinema 4K HDR projection and Dolby Atmos sound - IMAX aside it's really the best experience (plus the new refurbishment with reclining seats looks amazing despite the price).

Wow okay. So basically it's having (a disappointingly modest) 26% extra image vs having everything more fine-tuned and the latter wins. Much appreciated!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Are there actually going to be 70mm IMAX screenings for this? I feel like Nolan is the only guy seriously pushing for film projection.
    Are there actually going to be 70mm IMAX screenings for this? I feel like Nolan is the only guy seriously pushing for film projection.

We don't know yet...but we hopefully will by/on Monday.

Yeah, Nolan is the only one who's guaranteed to get film prints.
    Tickets now on sale in Germany, including the two IMAX venues showing it in the intended 1.43:1 format - the Technik Museum in Sinsheim and Filmpalasf am ZKM in Karlsruhe.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,518
    No tickets yet at cineplex.com... also it's listing release date as April 10th? @jake24 @ShakenNotStirred is this in line with what you're seeing?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No tickets yet at cineplex.com... also it's listing release date as April 10th? @jake24 @ShakenNotStirred is this in line with what you're seeing?
    April 10th is the set North American release date. There will be screenings on the 9th as usual.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,518
    jake24 wrote: »
    April 10th is the set North American release date. There will be screenings on the 9th as usual.

Got it, thanks for confirming that; thought it was the 8th for some reason.
    Tickets now on sale in Germany, including the two IMAX venues showing it in the intended 1.43:1 format - the Technik Museum in Sinsheim and Filmpalasf am ZKM in Karlsruhe.

Nice to have the confirmation we’ll get full frame IMAX. I hope it’s done more in the manner that GHOST PROTOCOL did where it was a continues IMAX sequence rather than how Nolan does it where he keeps switching between 35mm and 70mm back and forth within a few seconds. Still, nice to get to see Bond in IMAX glory!
  • jake24 wrote: »

If we're lucky, we may get an April 9 Thursday evening showing. It really is too bad, going to have to 'go dark' online before the 31 of March!

If we're lucky, we may get an April 9 Thursday evening showing. It really is too bad, going to have to 'go dark' online before the 31 of March!

Where in Canada are you?
  • @NickTwentyTwo Right in the middle of the Prairie: Saskatoon, SK. Unfortunately we don't have a 70mm Imax here!

Select North American IMAXes will be doing screenings from Thursday morning. Also heard T Mobile may be running a promotion for $4 screenings on the Tuesday...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yippeeee - I just ordered two tickets for the first evening performance of NTTD's original version on Thursday, April 2, at the Savoy Filmtheater in Hamburg.
    Any info on when tickets will be on sale in the US, particularly Regal?

I'd be surprised if not Monday like the UK
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Yippeeee - I just ordered two tickets for the first evening performance of NTTD's original version on Thursday, April 2, at the Savoy Filmtheater in Hamburg.

That's my favorit cinema.
    I ordered for the midnight preview.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834

Do IMAX tickets go on sale Monday in the UK @antovolk?

Also has UK release been pushed to the 3rd?
    Denbigh wrote: »

Indeed they do and UK release is still the 2nd! Some chain websites just haven't updated.
  • antovolk wrote: »

Indeed they do and UK release is still the 2nd! Some chain websites just haven't updated.

Will there be a midnight screening? Half tempted to go.......

Though i did see SF at the premiere and SP at the press screening. So holding out hope that I blag early tickets again.

Though i did see SF at the premiere and SP at the press screening. So holding out hope that I blag early tickets again.

Won't know until Monday I guess, however I believe it would be a first for Bond in the UK if it happens... Europe doing 0:07am showings is certainly an encouraging sign in that regard though
  • antovolk wrote: »

Won't know until Monday I guess, however I believe it would be a first for Bond in the UK if it happens... Europe doing 0:07am showings is certainly an encouraging sign in that regard though

Any chance of Wednesday night showings in the UK? they did something similar with SP's premiere. The film was screened from Wednesday onwards...

Any chance of Wednesday night showings in the UK? they did something similar with SP's premiere. The film was screened from Wednesday onwards...

We'd know by now... they've announced that we'll in advance for Spectre along with the venue and date announcement for the RAH premiere. Official opening date on industry schedules was that Monday.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    James Bond Club Schweiz managed to organise an exclusive premiere for members on April 1st. I'm ready for it!
    James Bond Club Schweiz managed to organise an exclusive premiere for members on April 1st. I'm ready for it!

That’s amazing!