NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm not bothered at all when the trailer will come out. I know we're getting a Bond film in April 2020, and sometime between then and now we'll get a trailer, a poster, and a title.
    All good things to those who wait. ;)
    I don't think that the teaser trailer will be attached to a particular film. I think it'll just appear online. Maybe with a heads up before hand.
    Bond doesn't need to 'attach' himself with any genre. He's a unique character in film.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I've heard whispers there is a teaser trailer that is preparing for release. Any reliable sources confirming this?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I've heard whispers of a Press Conference in Italy for the first week of september. :-SS
  • I've heard whispers of a Press Conference in Italy for the first week of september. :-SS
    WOW!
    jake24 wrote: »
    According to the most recent episode of James Bond & Friends, a rough cut of the teaser trailer has been created and has been seen by one of the website's contributors.

Two notes:

1) Not much is revealed in terms of story
    2) It is possibly the best-looking Bond film to date

https://podcast.mi6-hq.com/e/0022-mr-whites-banana/
  • Glad to hear that a rough cut exists at least! From the sounds of it, I’m expecting something like the Skyfall trailer. Also not surprised to hear it could be the best looking Bond yet. Just the bits and pieces and monitor shots we’ve seen in BTS images are striking.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I've heard whispers of a Press Conference in Italy for the first week of september. :-SS

@marketto007 Have you been invited again?

It’s very in keeping for Eon to have a set visit and invite the press to view some filming. They did it for:
    1. CR: The Bahamas
    2. QOS: Each new location had individual press tours
    3. SF: Turkey
    4. SP: Mexico

The latter is the most significant as it also coincided with the launch of the trailer. I suspect the reason we did not get a trailer with ‘Hobbs and Shaw’ is due to the timing of filming in Matera getting pushed back.

@antovolk do you think it’s looking more likely that we will get a trailer now with ‘It Chapter Two’? That film is expected to drop on September 6, 2019………

As for the cinematography looking beautiful? Well, given the gorgeous work of Linus Sandgren. That’s no surprise. We have a thread to discuss his work here:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19232/the-cinematography-of-bond-25-linus-sandgren#latest

Do we think it will be more like 'La La Land' or 'First Man'? They were both shot in a very different style.

D4dXIm0W4AI1ElW.jpg
    D8cwALNXUAACvcJ.jpg

Also, remember that CJF has been chasing those sunsets:

social003.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I was wondering if possibly NTTD would be attached to 'Downton Abbey'
    Whilst Downton isn't the same genre as Bond, it will have a massive appeal to a wide audience.
    And creator Julian Fellowes has a Bond connection in TND. So perhaps he'd be on board with attaching a trailer for NTTD with the Downton movie.
    Just a thought.

@marketto007 Have you been invited again?

Sadly, not yet. I miss Sony.
    Also, remember that CJF has been chasing those sunsets:

social003.jpg

The "Scramble" will make sense soon. ;)
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Care to elaborate?

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Exciting times ahead, it feels like it's getting closer now. Thanks everyone for sharing information

Care to elaborate?

• edited August 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Benny wrote: »
    Whilst Downton isn't the same genre as Bond, it will have a massive appeal to a wide audience.
    And creator Julian Fellowes has a Bond connection in TND. So perhaps he'd be on board with attaching a trailer for NTTD with the Downton movie.
    Just a thought.

It's definitely a fair shout for UK audiences - it's sure to do very well here, but it isn't quite the sort of same cross-generational wide audience event that Joker would be. I'm sure that film is going to attract bigger, wider audiences and gain more at the box office.

But if their minds are set for an early September online drop, then a Downton placement is a fair shout. Just as long as they also get it with the movies that'd actually get wider eyeballs.

And this would be a decision purely decided on by Universal and MGM, Fellowes and the Downton team wouldn't have any input
    antovolk wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Just a thought.

It's definitely a fair shout for UK audiences - it's sure to do very well here, but it isn't quite the sort of same cross-generational wide audience event that Joker would be. I'm sure that film is going to attract bigger, wider audiences and gain more at the box office.

But if their minds are set for an early September online drop, then a Downton placement is a fair shout. Just as long as they also get it with the movies that'd actually get wider eyeballs.

And this would be a decision purely decided on by Universal and MGM, Fellowes and the Downton team wouldn't have any input

I understand the logic you deploy @antovolk but I can't help but think the 'attachment' is so archaic a notion. Though I understand that it is helpful in predicting trailer releases, but I can't understand teh distinction you make between 'Joker' and 'It Chapter Two'.

'Joker' is not a tentpole film, in contrast 'It Chapter Two' is a horror blockbuster costing in excess of $150m. There will be much more eyeballs on 'It Chapter Two'.

Every time I've been on Twitter in the last 24 hours, I've been reminded by the trending page that 'Robert Pattinson is a thirst trap in 'The King' trailer'. That's a Netflix release and will not be shown in a theatre. But the trailer has a lot of hype.

The old theatre distribution model is dead. The old guard like Christopher Nolan are trying to prop it up, but look at the backlash. His fans are angry as they can't see the 'Tenet' trailer and those that have in cinemas could hardly care. I saw it during OUATIH and the audience were far from enthralled. The buzz around 'Tenet' is close to nil outside Film Twitter.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Care to elaborate?

I wonder if that's his bike in Jamaica. You do see a small snippet of Bond driving a bike at night in the behind the scenes video.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,665

Care to elaborate?

I wonder if that's his bike in Jamaica. You do see a small snippet of Bond driving a bike at night in the behind the scenes video.

Isn't that Nomi in a yellow scooter?

I've seen the Matera assassin in a Triumph, not sure if it was a Scrambler.
    According to the MI6 podcast that their is a rough cut trailer which has not been green lit yet. Also that it is a series of shots which does not give any story lines away, and that the cinematography could be the very best in the entire series?!!! Quite a statement that last point.

Not sure why they would bother with a press conference to be honest now as I don't think it warrants one? Just drop the trailer as and when it is ready to go?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,619
    The buzz around 'Tenet' is close to nil outside Film Twitter.
    So what? It's still a year away. Generating bizz this early is pretty much pointless in this day and age. EON could easily get away with not doing ANY promotion for NTDT until January 2020.
    Per @slyfox and @00Agent in the filming thread:
    Me and @00Agent just bumped into Babs at today's filming location. Got a photo with her about an hour ago. Asked about a date for the teaser trailer. All she confirmed was it's ready and will be released soon and that we wouldn't have to wait much longer.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The buzz around 'Tenet' is close to nil outside Film Twitter.
    So what? It's still a year away. Generating bizz this early is pretty much pointless in this day and age. EON could easily get away with not doing ANY promotion for NTDT until January 2020.

For once, I agree. Top Gun 2's trailer had a proper internet release 2 months ago, and sits at over 25 million views on Youtube. But, as with Tenet, the buzz for this is currently non-existent. Why? because both films aren't coming out for another 9 and 10 months, respectively. You don't need to hype people up so far in advance. The first teaser for SP came out 7 months before the UK release, and the first tease for SF came out 5 months before the UK release.

So whoever is getting nervous about the release date of the teaser for NTTD should calm down, there's absolutely no reason to panic.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    So with the teaser imminent, shall we make predictions about what will be in it?

Here are some of mine:
    • Bond relaxing in Jamaica
    • Some mysterious voice-over by Malek
    • Malek in shadows or otherwise still not visible
    • Quick glimpses at Q, M and Moneypenny
    • A shot of Nomi at MI6, but no word on the 'female 007' business
    • Prominent shot of Leiter
    • Bond in tuxedo
    • The Valhalla
    • Some action?
    • Waltz as Blofeld to end on?
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Really willing to bet on Blofeld appearing or the Lashana Lynch 007 reveal. Or both...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Really willing to bet on Blofeld appearing or the Lashana Lynch 007 reveal. Or both...
    My bet is on neither tbh. The former seems like something they will wait to reveal until the actual film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    So with the teaser imminent, shall we make predictions about what will be in it?

Here are some of mine:
    • Bond relaxing in Jamaica
    • Some mysterious voice-over by Malek
    • Malek in shadows or otherwise still not visible
    • Quick glimpses at Q, M and Moneypenny
    • A shot of Nomi at MI6, but no word on the 'female 007' business
    • Prominent shot of Leiter
    • Bond in tuxedo
    • The Valhalla
    • Some action?
    • Waltz as Blofeld to end on?

I would guess more than just a shot of Leiter. If he is indeed the one coaxing Bond out of retirement, then we'll likely be in on that conversation to a certain degree. Can't wait!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Same, actually I've been imaging for a long time that the teaser would begin with Blofeld's voice over a few shots of Bond and then we'd see Blofeld behind bars talling to Bond. Some kind of "look around you James. Everything you stood for is in ruin" speech referring to the fact that Madeleine died and Bond is mourning her death. I'm very curious.
  • 1000% they will reveal the 'Lashana Lynch is 007' thing in the trailer. It's nothing if not a marketing gimmick.

Take my word for it.
    1000% they will reveal the 'Lashana Lynch is 007' thing in the trailer. It's nothing if not a marketing gimmick.

Take my word for it.

I agree..that will generate 3 times the interest.

M : " Bond ?...may I introduce 007"
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    1000% they will reveal the 'Lashana Lynch is 007' thing in the trailer. It's nothing if not a marketing gimmick.

Take my word for it.
    Second trailer.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    jake24 wrote: »

Take my word for it.
    Second trailer.

That's definitely a fair guess - I'd just be surprised if this gambit isn't at all used in the marketing
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The real test of avoiding information begins soon, then, with the release of that teaser. Damn, it's going to be hard trying to not watch it.