NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

Contraband wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    Anyone knows what this is? Zimmer? Instrumental version of the Billie track mixed with the Bond theme. Apparently I'm also late to this party since it was posted 3 months ago. Either way, it's actually really good.

You got me excited there for a moment @Contraband!

Really looking forward to hearing what Zimmer has cooked up!

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you. Turns out it's a guy doing this kind of mashups on his channel. Several other movies.

Not at all @Contraband. An enjoyable listen nonetheless!
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Anyone knows what this is? Zimmer? Instrumental version of the Billie track mixed with the Bond theme. Apparently I'm also late to this party since it was posted 3 months ago. Either way, it's actually really good.

It was decent, nonetheless.

It could go either way with Zimmer. He's come up with some stunning tracks on several of his scores, alongside some real generic stuff.

It's, at least encouraging, that he's a Bond fan, and a huge fan of John Barry, so fingers crossed we get some vintage 007 melodies.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I'm so excited for Zimmer's score, coz I know it would keep me going until EON decide on Bond 26.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 440
    Roadphill wrote: »
    It's, at least encouraging, that he's a Bond fan, and a huge fan of John Barry, so fingers crossed we get some vintage 007 melodies.

Zimmer usually tends to put out his best work when he's actually interested in the project so I'm hopeful that we'll get some good stuff out of him.

The fact that he was not only working with Cary Fukunaga in person, but also clearly enjoying himself is a good sign.

"His" worst stuff tends to come about when he clearly has no real interest in the score, so he sketches out one or two vague themes and then dumps the rest of the work on his ghostwriters.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I just gave Inception another go (only the second time I've seen it, the first was in the cinema) and although the movie still leaves me cold, as cleverly constructed as it is, if Zimmer gave exactly that score for a Bond movie I'd be more than happy. It's powerful and brassy and melodic but still very distinct. Funny thing is, in many places it reminds me of Newman's!
  • I love Zimmer's work for Nolan and also Blade Runner 2049. For Bond, I'm not sure. It could be great but my fear is it will sound too much like Arnold. Barry pastiche with sampled beats and too much action music. We can only hope for the best.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Yeah, I think for Zimmer to involve Johnny Marr, it's likely going to sound like Inception, with hints of John Barry. Inception's score has lots of Guitar in it, since Nolan saw it as his OHMSS, so Zimmer & Marr approached it like a Bond film....and Marr did say NTTD's score has lots of Guitar. Maybe for the first time, we could be hearing the Electric Guitar section of the Bond theme in an action scene in a Daniel Craig Bond film.

The huge plus in this score is, since CR, the Composer worked closely with the Artist. So the score is really going to be great. I think there was also talk that apart from the Bond theme, Zimmer also created his own Bond theme.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Very nice and remember me a lot to The Lion King (1994). A track i can imagine for the end of the movie.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 1,395
    Preorder link live for NTTD Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
    Release date : Nov 13

https://jamesbond.lnk.to/NTTD007So?fbclid=IwAR0c79b5NKNbuhoIVtI0TyzljQgBpHoCxwx0a_3QQ3Xk3udyjfxPviddEPo

• RyanRyan Canada
    Interesting that it's using the newest poster for the art. I love the poster so it's great, but all the same is interesting to think that had it come out back in April as intended that we likely would have had different artwork.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Ryan wrote: »
    Interesting that it's using the newest poster for the art. I love the poster so it's great, but all the same is interesting to think that had it come out back in April as intended that we likely would have had different artwork.

I would have preferred the one of Bond in the navy tactical wooly, myself.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    DoctorNo wrote: »

Very nice track. Not too bothered about the film but the score sounds great.
  • Ryan wrote: »

I would have preferred the one of Bond in the navy tactical wooly, myself.

I'd have loved it if they used the black and white poster design with Bond and Madeleine in the DB5.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Pre-ordered the Zimmer score.

Also came across this item, never an official contender but a track from the L.A. band The Tooners. Kind of demo quality. Notable for its up front Alice Cooper ethos, plus even the Dali connection to Bond with the graphic.
    logo.png
    James Bond Fan Band The Tooners Release Original
    “No Time To Die” Theme Song
    James Bond Fan Band The Tooners Release Original “No Time To Die” Theme Song. Single available on CD Baby and Bandcamp now.
    88940617-thumb.jpg?x65683
    Los Angeles, United States - December 25, 2019 /PressCable/ —

The L. A. rock band The Tooners has just released a new single that is their original take on a theme song for the upcoming James Bond movie starring Daniel Craig. No Time To Die is the 25th James Bond movie and will hit theaters this coming April. However, The Tooners’ song "No Time To Die" will probably not be heard in the film.

Although the band members and the song’s co-writers Neal Warner and Greg Piper are life-long Bond fans, their Bond theme is actually more inspired by shock rock group Alice Cooper. Also fans of the movie franchise, the original lineup of the band Alice Cooper wrote and recorded the song The Man With The Golden Gun as a proposed theme song for the film of the same name starring Roger Moore as secret agent 007. The producers of the Bond films felt using pop acts such as Paul McCartney, Carly Simon and Lulu (who sang the actual theme song for The Man With The Golden Gun) for the movie theme songs was appropriate but a hard rock band such as Alice Cooper didn’t fit the James Bond image and the song was rejected. The band went ahead and released it on their 1973 album Muscle Of Love anyway.

This inspired the independent band The Tooners to record their own Bond theme inspired by Alice Cooper’s initiative and even the Salvador Dali inspired look of their song’s logo has an Alice Cooper connection as Alice Cooper, the man as opposed to the band, is the only rock musician known to have ever collaborated with the surrealist painter.

Full details and links to buy the single can be found on the artist’s fan page, https://unsigned-records.com/no-time-to-die.

Businesses interested in partnership or media opportunities can learn more on the band website thetooners.com

Unsigned Records Multimedia
    [email protected]
    Contact Info:
    Name: Neal Warner + Gregory Piper
    Email: Send Email
    Organization: Unsigned Records Multimedia
    Address: 5805 White Oak Ave # Encino, CA 91416, Los Angeles, California 91316, United States
    Phone: +1-818-457-1199

Source: PressCable
    Release ID: 88940617

The clock graphic reminds me of the Dali-influenced Colonel Sun cover.
    cs_1st_jacket_1351973481.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    There's a NTTD spoiler in that image. Wait and see.
  • QBranch wrote: »

You mean the part where Paloma sprouts a giant nose and ear in place of her arms and head? I thought that was common knowledge by now.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »

You mean the part where Paloma sprouts a giant nose and ear in place of her arms and head? I thought that was common knowledge by now.
    Then it seems everyone knows more than they let on!
  • QBranch wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »

Then it seems everyone knows more than they let on!

How bad am I going to feel if that actually ends up happening in the movie...
  • familymottofamilymotto Spain
    Do you reckon this is Zimmer's score?

It was first used in the TV spot 'Your Enemy Is My Enemy' and in the new international trailer where it starts at 0:51. Slight variation in the trailer but VERY Zimmer sounding...

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2020 Posts: 10,588
    I hope so. That music is epic. The bwahh sound suits Bond well.

Not "cooked up". 'Zimmered' surely ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,951
    As it's got lots of big trailery drum thumps punctuating it and it's a version of the Bond theme
    as in all the other trailers, I'm going to say I think it probably isn't from the film, but I wouldn't call banco on that.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 24
    It's got a very similar vibe to Lorne Balfe's Mission score.

In the international trailer it also sounds very out of place to the ending bond tune and what comes before, like it's just been mixed in at 0:51 but in the TV Spot the ending is part of it and very trailery so... who knows
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    From 1:44 it sounds like Zimmer's version of the Bond Theme. I'm not sure but it has this ZImmerism about it. Especially when Bond and Nomi glide off the plane and Felix starts saying the Heroes and Villains line.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Steve Mazzaro said the trailer music doesn't sound like his work, and is likely from a trailer house.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Steve Mazzaro said the trailer music doesn't sound like his work, and is likely from a trailer house.

Oh! He did? That's cool then. Saves us the stress of trying to decipher the music.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Oh! He did? That's cool then. Saves us the stress of trying to decipher the music.

Yes, someone asked him on social media. I'll try and find the link.

Oh! Cool. Thanks for that.

Amazing thanks! Definitely save me 2 months (hopefully) of deciphering