NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Walecs wrote: »
    Lol, he cares so much about Bond that he won't even bother scoring it all by himself.

Eh?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I think that was a joke.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    The idea of Johnny Marr playing guitar on the James Bond theme is sublime. I more or less take this as confirmation that we will definitely be getting a new arrangement of the theme from Zimmer.
    Ryan wrote: »
    The idea of Johnny Marr playing guitar on the James Bond theme is sublime. I more or less take this as confirmation that we will definitely be getting a new arrangement of the theme from Zimmer.

100% chance.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

Yes, I agree. This just gets better and better. Johnny Marr playing that iconic twang alongside the composer behind Gladiator. Just sublime...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Minion wrote: »
    I think that was a joke.
    It was indeed.

Fingers crossed.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,934
    Walecs wrote: »
    If I recall correctly we heard Donna Lucia and Backfire from Spectre in the first half of October. Maybe we'll get to listen to a track or two before the end of March.

Correct, they premiered on BBC Radio at 9am in the morning. I remember it being the first thing I listened to in work. I had it blaring quite loudly in the studio!

Classic FM, wasn't it?

Wonderful stuff! :)
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Figured @Walecs ;))
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Did Johnny Marr contribute to Where Has Everybody Gone when he was part of The Pretenders?
    Zekidk wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote:
    "Zimmer is universally praised in the entire industry for his skills, ingenuity, composing etc". Where is that, except in promotion clips where everybody praises everybody else?
    If 239 award nominations and touring the world to sold-out shows isn't enough for you, here's a couple of links for you:

"Quentin Tarantino hails Hans Zimmer score as defining film soundtrack of the decade"
    https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/film/quentin-tarantino-hails-hans-zimmer-score-as-defining-film-soundtrack-of-the-decade-2593065

"‘Trust the maestro’: Ron Howard on having ultra-confident Hans Zimmer compose the music to ‘Inferno'"
    https://www.classicfm.com/radio/shows-presenters/saturday-night-movies/15-october-2016/

Why would directors like Ridley Scott, Denis Villeneuve, Nolan etc - the cream of the crop - choose Zimmer as composer over another, if he is "mediocre" as you put it?
    I would like to stick with @DarthDimi for the time being ;-):
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I think it's becoming clearer by the minute that we're all having different takes on this. While we've certainly got good debate going here, I want to urge all to not get too worked up over this yet. We haven't heard a single note of Zimmer's Bond score yet and we're still a few months away from enjoying the finished product. It's best not to get too carried away at this stage. Thank you.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Did Johnny Marr contribute to Where Has Everybody Gone when he was part of The Pretenders?

Marr joined The Pretenders after TLD came out, so no. I know because I saw The Pretenders that summer. No Marr.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    This is the first time in history I've been glad to have a soundtrack Marred.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Marr joined The Pretenders after TLD came out, so no. I know because I saw The Pretenders that summer. No Marr.

Right, thanks.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    And this is, how Google Translator translate this into German:

"Johnny Marr hat angekündigt, dass er sich mit dem Film Hans Zimmer zusammenschließen wird - diesmal, um die Musik für den kommenden James Bond-Film No Time To Die zu schreiben .

Der 25. Film der Serie unter der Regie von Cary Fukunaga ( Maniac , True Detective ) spielt Daniel Craig in seinem letzten Auftritt als 007 und wird am 6. April 2020 veröffentlicht. Letzte Woche wurde bekannt gegeben, dass die Kinolegende Hans Zimmer die Regie übernehmen wird Die Partitur , und NME kann jetzt bestätigen, dass die ehemalige Smiths Solo-Legende Johnny Marr sich ihm anschließen wird.

Marr sprach exklusiv mit NME und sagte: "Ein Teil des Erbes der Bond-Filme ist ikonische Musik, daher bin ich sehr glücklich, meine Gitarre zu No Time To Die zu bringen ."

Das Paar arbeitete zuvor gemeinsam an der Partitur für Filme wie Inception und The Amazing Spider-Man . Marr ist oft mit Zimmer auf Tour gegangen, aber sein Sohn Nile hat ihn kürzlich in seiner Live-Band abgelöst. Im Gespräch mit NME im Jahr 2017 beschrieb Johnny Zimmer als "Familie ".

Dies geschah, nachdem Billie Eilish Anfang dieser Woche bestätigt hatte, dass sie die Titelmelodie für No Time To Die aufnehmen wird . Der Track ist eine Zusammenarbeit mit ihrem Bruder Finneas und wird sie als jüngste Künstlerin in die Geschichte eingehen lassen, die jemals einen Bond-Song aufgenommen hat.

Marr sprach auf der Glastonbury 2019 mit NME über seine bevorstehenden Pläne und sagte: „Ich werde ein wenig von der Straße abkommen und etwas anderes tun, neue Sachen schreiben oder ein anderes Projekt starten. Ich habe das Gefühl, dass ich jetzt seit Jahren auf Tour bin. Ich möchte nur eine kleine Pause einlegen, ein paar neue Songs schreiben, bevor ich die Show wieder auf die Straße bringe. “
    Er fuhr fort: „'The Bright Parade' ist eher ein psychedelischer, rasanter Schuhputzer. Das ist wahrscheinlich ein Widerspruch. Laufschuh Blick. [Letzte Single] 'Bright Parade' ist das, woran ich gerade arbeite, und ich habe absichtlich meine Optionen offen gelassen, um zu sehen, wohin ich auf dem nächsten Album gehe.

„Es war immer voller Energie, weil wir eine Live-Gruppe sind und ich mir nichts vorstellen kann, was ich nicht auf die Bühne bringen möchte. Das ist nicht immer der Fall. Man kann konzeptionelle Aufnahmen und konzeptionelle Musik für einen anderen Zweck machen, aber ich mag es, live auf der Bühne Gitarre zu spielen. “

In der Zwischenzeit veröffentlichte Marr kürzlich ein Vinyl-Box-Set aller seiner Solo-Singles,
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I had no idea he was in that band (I doubt he can remember all of the bands he’s been in! :) ) but it looks like it was only for a month or so! The same month TLD was released, it seems.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Didn't know he was in The Pretenders. That's cool.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Excellent!! Very happy about Marr's involvement.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Music to my ears!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Music to my ears!

Ha! Literally! :)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Maybe Hans Zimmer & Johnny Marr can do a modern rendition of the 007 theme as well.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Maybe Hans Zimmer & Johnny Marr can do a modern rendition of the 007 theme as well.

It’s looking like it.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

It’s looking like it.

About time! Wonderful news.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Magnificent news, the reveals on this film just get better and better.

If Bliiie Eilish delivers a substandard theme ( and I say if) it will be more than enough that HZ and Marr are working on the score.

I so love the emotion and power in his Inception score.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 5,185
    Shardlake wrote: »

If Bliiie Eilish delivers a substandard theme ( and I say if) it will be more than enough that HZ and Marr are working on the score.

Yeah i really just need him to write inception part 2. Thats the best we can hope for. Especially since knowing that he took inspiration from OHMSS for it.

Also this track sounds like something straight out of CR (Bahamas/Miami), like Arnold could have written it:
    Starts around 0:20
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    00Agent wrote: »

Yeah i really just need him to write inception part 2. Thats the best we can hope for. Especially since knowing that he took inspiration from OHMSS for it.

Also this track sounds like something straight out of CR (Bahamas/Miami), like Arnold could have written it:

Isn't there an argument to say it sounds like Barry more than Arnold, lets be honest DA although quite proficiently is aping the master.

When I listened to that I instantly thought of Barry more than Arnold.

If Zimmer delivers something like Inception with new interpretations of the JB theme with Marr assisting I'll be more than happy.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

There are a couple of cues in Inception that go very well with some of Arnold's pieces (particularly "No Interest In Dominic Greene").
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Isn't there an argument to say it sounds like Barry more than Arnold, lets be honest DA although quite proficiently is aping the master.

When I listened to that I instantly thought of Barry more than Arnold.

If Zimmer delivers something like Inception with new interpretations of the JB theme with Marr assisting I'll be more than happy.

Well, that's true. They are both referencing Barry, it's might only sound similar to Arnold in that it's a more modern soundproduction. But in terms of feeling they are referencing Barry.

Either way, Zimmer could pull this off. It will probably be the biggest and most bombastic Bond Score we ever had. Something that Spectre severely lacked, the music was way to thin for its scale. That annoyed me the most on my last view.

His Bond theme might be one for the ages.
  • HELL ******* YES!! Couldn’t be more excited to hear that Marr is on board for NTTD. Looks like my dreams of having an Inception-esque Bond score are coming to fruition.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    HELL ******* YES!! Couldn’t be more excited to hear that Marr is on board for NTTD. Looks like my dreams of having an Inception-esque Bond score are coming to fruition.

god, yes
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I would like to stick with @DarthDimi for the time being ;-)
    Agreed. Let's wait and see what happens. Zimmer is not God and if it sounds like a rushjob we can criticize it together ;-)