Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Lashana said herself today, that Grace is the most iconic Bond woman to her, next to Judi (she's certainly not, but it shows you how Lashana ticks):

I compared her to Grace already month ago (because i'm, like, smart).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The full video...

• Lovely video.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The full video...

Good God, Ana is a rocket of a woman. Lynch seems like a pretty cool chick too. I'm sure she'll do well. Anyone who has Angela Bassett as their idol can't be too bad.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The full video...

Good God, Ana is a rocket of a woman. Lynch seems like a pretty cool chick too. I'm sure she'll do well. Anyone who has Angela Bassett as their idol can't be too bad.
    I know right, both of them seem such a laugh :) Interesting that Lynch brought up Dr. No. His presence is looming large over this film, and that's not me saying Malek will be playing him, just to say.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The full video...

I know right, both of them seem such a laugh :) Interesting that Lynch brought up Dr. No. His presence is looming large over this film, and that's not me saying Malek will be playing him, just to say.

He does seem to be popping up a lot, for sure. It is as likely that the film itself rather than the character specifically will be an influence on NTTD, which is certainly a good thing. It's always the likes of FRWL, GF, LALD, OHMSS etc. that get cited during the build-up....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The full video...

He does seem to be popping up a lot, for sure. It is as likely that the film itself rather than the character specifically will be an influence on NTTD, which is certainly a good thing. It's always the likes of FRWL, GF, LALD, OHMSS etc. that get cited during the build-up....
    Oh yes definitely. It'll also be interesting to see if Purvis and Wade have pulled anything from novel, as we know they do like to go back to them, even when trying to create something original. Although to me it seemed that didn't happen with Spectre, but we know with Skyfall, they were looking heavily at YOLT and TMWTGG novels.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Anser same quistions:

1. Bondgirl: Carole Bouquet
    2. No Time To...: Pleasure, enjoy life.
    3. Movie: Diamonds Are Forever or Moonraker. It wil be earlier a cameo.
    4. Quilty pleasure: Those challenge my creative sometimes because of layers of history like Harry Potter or Daniel Craig Bond movies.
    5. Hollywood Rolemodel: Not realy have person as rolemodel and i think i will choose earlier for English/Europe rolemodel. I wish was better in writing.
    6. Crush: Kirsten Dunst in Jumanji. Ana looks and sound more like she be very close to going to be present crush of me. If i must at Ana her in another Bond movie, it possible be FYEO and she playing Bibby. Because she credit Ryan Gosling now, i realy whant to see her on screen with him doing ice skating together and then wish i was Ryan Gosling on that moment :D :P
  • 00Agent wrote: »
    Lashana said herself today, that Grace is the most iconic Bond woman to her, next to Judi (she's certainly not, but it shows you how Lashana ticks):
    Does that mean Lashana is playing May Day?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    You've just given me another photoshop edit idea. Thanks @2Wint2Kidd haha :D
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    You've just given me another photoshop edit idea. Thanks @2Wint2Kidd haha :D

Happy to help :)

Nah, it doesn't.
    But they allowed Grace to be... Grace in AVTAK. She really wasn't playing much of a character but was just herself with all her ticks and attitude. Especially in terms of wardrobe. Probably dialogue too. The little she had. She wasn't eye candy.

Since Lashana is not a romantic interest here, i think she's aiming to stick out in a similar way, with attitude and little ticks and being a bit more edgy (but no Tampons please).
  • Actually going by the video it seems Ana brought up Grace not Lashana?
  • I don’t necessarily think Lashana was brought in to be eye candy. Personally, I do find her to be attractive, but I think the goal was to cast someone who could credibly pass as a young, female, field operative and judging by what we’ve seen so far she at least LOOKS the part.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 11,425
    I think Lynch (who is of Jamaican heritage) saying Dr No because it's pretty much all set in Jamaica. Ditto, aside from being black, Grace Jones is Jamaican and to be fair a very entertaining villain. As others have pointed out she really lifts AVTAK. Great double act with Walken.

The Jamaicans have a real connection with Bond. I saw SP at the cinema in Kingston in 2015 and it was packed and the audience loved it.

I think Lynch is going to be a striking and assertive screen presence. I think from those brief filming bits we saw from Jamaica she is going to have an entertaining professional relationship with Bond. Looking forward to it.
    Actually going by the video it seems Ana brought up Grace not Lashana?

Yes true, but Ana sounds clueless. As if she's looking for appeoval when she names those actrsses (god she's so freaking cute).

Lashan on the other hand sounds like she knows what she's talking about "naturally i would go for Grace".

I am going out on a limb here and say that Ana only ever heard of Grace from Lashana, and possibly Cary (as he's a AVTAK fan) during fiming. And possibly the tabloid story of Grace doing a cameo.

It's also interesting to Note that Ana names Ursula Andress next, and then Lashana mentions Dr. No in another question.

I wonder if they were watching those particular films during production. Maybe as reference?
    I think Dr. No also came up because they shot a chunk of this film in Jamaica.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I would assume they did their homework by watching a bunch of Bond films just to get into the vibe.
  • In case anyone was wondering, I was being sarcastic when I suggested that Lashana would play May Day, pretty much mocking the Rami as Dr No rumor.
    I would assume they did their homework by watching a bunch of Bond films just to get into the vibe.

I would hope any person cast in a major role in a Bond film does their homework. I don't think there's any excuse for ignorance of Bond history on a Bond set. Spending all those months with Barbara and Michael, some knowledge should rub off.
  • Time to appreciate Ana de Armas after her recent appearance at the Knives Out premiere. I must say that the cast for this film is great! Eon are lucky to have got Ana as she is a star on the rise.

ana-de-armas-attends-the-premiere-of-knives-out-at-regency-village-theatre-in-los-angeles-141119_13.jpg

21038236-7688451-image-m-97_1573799173702.jpg

21038202-7688451-image-m-108_1573799875610.jpg

21046988-7688991-image-m-138_1573812523435.jpg

21046974-7688991-image-m-144_1573812636566.jpg
    She is simply stunning!!!! :x Have to say that is a great cast too!
  • Time to appreciate Ana de Armas after her recent appearance at the Knives Out premiere. I must say that the cast for this film is great! Eon are lucky to have got Ana as she is a star on the rise.

ana-de-armas-attends-the-premiere-of-knives-out-at-regency-village-theatre-in-los-angeles-141119_13.jpg

21038236-7688451-image-m-97_1573799173702.jpg

21038202-7688451-image-m-108_1573799875610.jpg

21046988-7688991-image-m-138_1573812523435.jpg

21046974-7688991-image-m-144_1573812636566.jpg
    Really random point, but does anyone else feel like Michael Shannon kind of looks like Richard Kiel?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Yup he does looks like Richard kiel
    I don't know who Ana de Armas is. And I cannot get worked up over her.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 1,394
    '' In this movie the plot is driven forward by four strong,intelligent women.Bond is not disrespecting women.Hes not after a woman because of how attractive she looks and what quality lay she is ''.

The words '' Get woke,go broke '' are coming to mind.

#MakeBondGreatAgain.
    So presumably you would prefer that quote to read

'' In this movie the plot is driven forward by four weak, stupid women. Bond is disrespecting women. He is after a woman because of how attractive she looks and what quality lay she is ''.

???

So presumably you would prefer that quote to read

'' In this movie the plot is driven forward by four weak, stupid women. Bond is disrespecting women. He is after a woman because of how attractive she looks and what quality lay she is ''.

???

The first sentence not really.I would rather the plot be driven forward by the mission.The rest pretty much describes Bond in a nutshell in just about every Bond film.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Ana de Armas: Paloma is “messy and kind of crazy.”
    https://apnews.com/466f791f7cf34e3eb4b409e7bae7acc0

1000.jpeg

1000.jpeg

Also, Cary Fukunaga created the role of 'Paloma' for Ana De Armas.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-11-22/ana-de-armas-knives-out-james-bond

...Underneath the pomp and suspenders, Craig was already training and prepping for Bond when “Knives Out” was filming. But De Armas had no idea she’d be joining him until later, when she got a surprise call from Fukunaga, whom she’d met previously for a project that never materialized.

“He said, ‘Part of the movie takes place in Cuba. This role doesn’t exist, but I think I’m going to write something for you. Do you want to do it?’” she said. On top of being offered a custom-tailored Bond role, Emmy-winning “Fleabag” creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to write her dialogue, which sent her excitement skyrocketing. “I was like, ‘Aaaaaah! Of course.’ And then I was like, ‘Wait — I’d like to read it first.’”

They sent over her scenes and she was sold. Bond women of yesteryear had never felt relatable to her, said De Armas. Paloma, however, felt real.

“I wouldn’t say she’s ordinary, because when she needs to perform her job, she does,” she said. “But [she] is flawed. She says what she feels, she’s nervous, she’s scared. It’s human. When I read it, I was like, ‘Oh, wait — I can be a Bond girl. I’m that. I’m that messy.’ That’s what felt so attractive, on top of what she’s actually doing in the story, which is another step toward giving women a more powerful and strong place in the films.”

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F2e%2F0e%2Fca0280de4cb8865ccc8d77b656d2%2Fla-photos-1staff-471763-en-ana-de-armas-mjc-28.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hard to disagree when she's giving me that look.