Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• RC7RC7
    I would rather see a Baron Samedi talkshow.

I’m in.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Solitaire does the weather forecast.
    The Baron could be killed every week, and he would come back again. On the front of a train, ideally. Superb idea for a series
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Have J.W. Pepper as the political commentator.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Samedi Noir Live.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    RC7 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Harris is awesome though; she could easily have made that work. I’m a bit sad it won’t happen.

She is awesome, I agree. Doesn’t mean it should happen.
    Hmm. Dunno; great star actor, memorable character, established world. I don’t know what the movie would be exactly but I’d be open if they had a good idea for it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think Bond as a series is best without any spinoffs at all.

Having said that, if they went that route I think Leiter and Moneypenny both would make sense to be the ones to have their own film/series. But Bond stays unique to me in that, no matter how interesting and enjoyable I find the supporting characters, Bond as the reason and main hero/protagonist/awesomereasontoseethefilm and is rather critically important. I think any spinoff takes away from the Bond series, so I just don't want one. Not that I can envision for several years anyway.
    matt_u wrote: »

I’m calling it: she’s only in it for 5 mins maximum.

Just like Solange, Fields, Severine, and Lucia.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I thought we all already thought that?
  • matt_u wrote: »

I'm going to agree with you, only to not be disappointed when I actually see the movie. It is such a terrible waste. Hopefully she's a henchwoman!
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »

I'm going to agree with you, only to not be disappointed when I actually see the movie. It is such a terrible waste. Hopefully she's a henchwoman!

Will be a massive shame if she is totally underused in NTTD?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Hopefully she's a henchwoman!
    I'm hoping so too. We haven't had a proper henchwoman in the Craig-era at all :(

Would be a cool idea. She seems to have gotten her part the same way Jeffrey Wright and Ben Whishaw got theirs as they all worked with Craig prior to Bond.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Would be a cool idea. She seems to have gotten her part the same way Jeffrey Wright and Ben Whishaw got theirs as they all worked with Craig prior to Bond.
    I believe she was also one of the last to be cast in the film.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Denbigh wrote: »

Yeah probably the last of the big names. In the Jamaica interviews she looked pretty lost, like she didn't even know what her character was supposed to do in the film...

BTW is confirmed that Paloma is a character that helps Bond in Cuba, so hardly an henchwoman.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869

BTW is confirmed that Paloma is a character that helps Bond in Cuba, so hardly an henchwoman.
    Unless we get a "twist" and she works for Malek's character. A tricky thing to pull off considering the current track record with these kind of fast character turns, but if done right it could be interesting... but again major wishful thinking on my part haha :D

Unless we get a "twist" and she works for Malek's character. A tricky thing to pull off considering the current track record with these kind of fast character turns, but if done right it could be interesting... but again major wishful thinking on my part haha :D

Well, it's possible, even tho I'm quite skeptical about women being "bad" in this one... but since Nomi is an ally and Madeleine a love interest, I quite like this idea.
    I'm wondering if Paloma is an even smaller role like Stephanie Sigman's in SP?

Wish she were the lead.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Impossible. It's obvious she will have a Severine/Sciarra kind of screen time.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Impossible. It's obvious she will have a Severine/Sciarra kind of screen time.
    I really, really hope not. If there was ever an actress who deserves to be a Bond girl it's Ana. I heard she's done a few scenes at Pinewood (I don't know how much) so hopefully she gets a major action sequence. I wouldn't mind a role similar to Paris Carver in terms of screen time.
  • I know there are some Lashana detractors out there - but I think anyone saying she's 'ugly' or too masculine, may have to eat their words with these THR photos. I mean, 'wow.' It's hard to steal the spotlight from Ana De Armas - but boy, Lashana did it.

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_embed_1-_2019_.jpg

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_extra_1-embed-_2019.jpg

To add further to this, PWB landed on the cover of fricking Vogue and looks stunning. Surely they can figure a role for her in NTTD or Bond 26?

EIsdx0LWkAArvnr?format=jpg&name=large
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No words were eaten during the typing of this post.

It's a matter of taste, that's all. I personally don't find Lashana attractive. Ana De Armas is gorgeous, though.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,031
    No words were eaten during the typing of this post.

It's a matter of taste, that's all. I personally don't find Lashana attractive. Ana De Armas is gorgeous, though.

Yep. There's no comparison for me, really. I found Lynch more attractive in the tactical gear, actually.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You can post all the pics of her you want, she still does nothing for me.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Why do I think that Phoebe looks a bit like Eva green or Lara pulver? :P
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,031

Phoebe certainly has that "cute but devilish" thing going on, but I don't see much beyond that.

Mind you, Eva and Lara Pulver aren't exactly ringers for each other either, so it must just be the vibe!

No idea. Zero resemblance.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Lachana is the new Grace Jones for me.
    And i think that's exactly what she wants to be. Not sexualized in any way, just a badass character in her own right.

I don't even see the need to include her in any 'who's more attractive' debates. It's really beside the point.

We obviously still have Léa and Ana around. They will be our regular Bond girls.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Lachana is the new Grace Jones for me.
    And i think that's exactly what she wants to be. Not sexualized in any way, just a badass character in her own right.

I don't even see the need to include her in any 'who's more attractive' debates. It's really beside the point.

We obviously still have Léa and Ana around. They will be our regular Bond girls.

Excellent point with Grace Jones. Tanya Roberts may have been more conventionally attractive, but Grace Jones was a much more interesting screen presence, was convincingly dangerous, which made her one of the highlights of an otherwise lower tier Bond film.