Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• Oh, Lazenby. :(
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Lol gotta love the press (i certainly don't)
    That quote is from October 2018 when George was guest star at the Spy Museeum in Washington DC. Some fan asked him about his opinion and he was trying to give an honest answer. No one cared then, but now having Pierce make headlines with his latest quote, they can reuse Lazenby's for maximum effect. Funny how they don't even mention when he said it or where.
    They'll probably dig up some old quote from Roger next.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    00Agent wrote: »
    Lol gotta love the press (i certainly don't)
    That quote is from October 2018 when George was guest star at the Spy Museeum in Washington DC. Some fan asked him about his opinion and he was trying to give an honest answer. No one cared then, but now having Pierce make headlines with his latest quote, they can reuse Lazenby's for maximum effect. Funny how they don't even mention when he said it or where.
    They'll probably dig up some old quote from Roger next.

From the press to Roger: do you think there should be a female bond
    Roger: Phuyuck
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Pointless. James Bond is a male. A "female Bond" is simply not James Bond, and won't ever happen. A "black Bond" is more likely, but not as long as Barbara is in control.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pointless. James Bond is a male. A "female Bond" is simply not James Bond, and won't ever happen. A "black Bond" is more likely, but not as long as Barbara is in control.

Long live Babs and whoever understands what character depiction from literature to cinema means. Long live the Broccolis. Long live the Wilsons. Long live Mike. Long live Greg. And we’ll all be hailing them come April. We will all be reminded of what made Bond a success we all love, and that was that family. Screw the holy trinity, these guys should be worshiped be fans, no matter the dull mistakes made along the way. It’s been a true journey and I’m an incondicional fan. Long live the Queen.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Univex wrote: »

Long live Babs and whoever understands what character depiction from literature to cinema means. Long live the Broccolis. Long live the Wilsons. Long live Mike. Long live Greg. And we’ll all be hailing them come April. We will all be reminded of what made Bond a success we all love, and that was that family. Screw the holy trinity, these guys should be worshiped be fans, no matter the dull mistakes made along the way. It’s been a true journey and I’m an incondicional fan. Long live the Queen.

Well said!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,131

No to both. Both are pointless.

What's next Jason Stratham as Mary Poppins? Colin Firth as Shaft?
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    It's just the press trying to rail people up as usual by weaponizing any kind of talking point into political debates about 'racism' and 'sexism', because there is nothing that people like more nowadays than bash their brains in about who is more racist and sexist on the internet.

NO ONE ever asked for a female Bond, except maybe for female (feminist) actresses who wanna raise their profile, and SJW's because they genuinly think that this will somehow improve society, as they are retarded and don't understand how the world works.

Other than that... nope, no business case, no demand, no artistic validity. Nothing. Just BS and, as Barbara has already aptly put it "stunt casting" (which doesn't work either as Ghostbusters and Oceans 8 have already taught us).
  • I actually think Lynch is really attractive in an unconventional sort of way. But I also don't think it matters because I'm fairly certain she's not in the film for sex appeal. Think we're almost guaranteed a scene where Bond tries it on with her and she turns him down.

Controversial maybe because I'm sure most would say Vesper but Craig's best Bond girl is still Severine imo. Probably my favourite Bond girl of the series. Shallow bit first, she's insanely fit. But she also has such a mysterious and enigmatic presence about her. Only had about five minutes of screentime but managed to ooze charisma, but then her backstory and vulnerability underneath it also mean that unlike a lot of the other Bond girls she actually feels like a real person. I think most of this is due to Marhloe's performance so I think she was probably wasted in such a small part. They should have waited and cast her as Madeline. They're similar characters in some ways so I think she'd have done well there, and I liked Lea in SP but Marhloe was on another level.
    And in Barbara Broccoli's new movie Agent 007 is not James Bond...
    Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I really hope the character 'Nomi', as played by Lashana Lynch, gets her own 00-spin-off film series. It's perhaps a controversial idea, but I'm all in for it. And I really think the Bond-franchise is ready for such a diversification.

But I have a few conditions before this happens:

▀ Nomi can be 007 for some time during "No Time To Die", but I hope she later gives her 007-number away out of respect for James Bond. Perhaps give her the 008-number when she starts her own movie.
    ▀ The end of "No Time To Die" will probably lead into Daniel Craig's retirement as Bond-actor. But before we start a Nomi-film-franchise, I would like a new actor to be casted into the role of James Bond-007 before the end of Spring 2021 (perhaps Henry Cavill?).
    ▀ A Nomi-film should and can be produced/made/directed separately from a Bond-007-film. So that once every 1,5 years we get a 00-franchise-film in cinema's!
    ▀ So that means once every 3 years a new Bond-film, and once every 3 years a new Nomi-film.
    ▀ All of the above is nice, but I demand a truly strong-written Nomi-character. Bond-fans, but especially movie-lovers outside the fandom need to leave the cinema and say "Wow, that Nomi was marvellous!".

5d2dec1e2600004f00044954.jpeg
    lynch.jpg
    L1WaIu9.jpg
    qfhBZFl.jpg

When EON can barely manage to muster up one Bond film in five years i can't really share your optimism...

Lynch seems to be taking some style tips from 70s Roger Moore with that white safari suit
    Univex wrote: »

Long may she rein
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    edited September 2019 Posts: 78
    I wouldn't take too much of what Brosnan and Lazenby have to say about the female Bond thing. Remember, these two are good publicity bullshitters. Brosnan had even said before he can bullshit with the best of them. I am sure they are being PC because, well, you guys know what it is like out there with social media and all. They don't wanna be Twitter crucified.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    I wouldn't take too much of what Brosnan and Lazenby have to say about the female Bond thing. Remember, these two are good publicity bullshitters. Brosnan had even said before he can bull shot with the best of them. I am sure they are being PC because, well, you guys know what it is like out there with social media and all. They don't wanna be Twitter crucified.

As always, it is the bullies who decide what is politically correct. Not much to fear from the other side.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    I wouldn't take too much of what Brosnan and Lazenby have to say about the female Bond thing. Remember, these two are good publicity bullshitters. Brosnan had even said before he can bull shot with the best of them. I am sure they are being PC because, well, you guys know what it is like out there with social media and all. They don't wanna be Twitter crucified.

As always, it is the bullies who decide what is politically correct. Not much to fear from the other side.

Yes, basically we all know what they have to answer. Shouldn't be surprising. They say otherwise and they're going to be branded as anti-feminist or whatever and the media will add extra sauce to it. The Bond brand gets enough of a bad rap as it with this current sensitivity climate for them to answer otherwise so not surprised at all. It is a stupid question that really can only have one answer but the media will keep asking it.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    So......................we have our first real look at the new 007:

EFaGMfDXYAARuyg?format=jpg&name=medium

I mean......................regardless of your opinion, this photo is kinda iconic.

I've spoken out against the costumes in this film, but Nomi's outfits have been terrific and I adore this look. It's so badass and she still looks cool. I couldn't be more enthused by Lynch's role in this film.
    Yes yes she looks damn good, ready to kick some.
    So......................we have our first real look at the new 007:

EFaGMfDXYAARuyg?format=jpg&name=medium

I mean......................regardless of your opinion, this photo is kinda iconic.

I've spoken out against the costumes in this film, but Nomi's outfits have been terrific and I adore this look. It's so badass and she still looks cool. I couldn't be more enthused by Lynch's role in this film.

Special forces/Commando vibes going on there! She certainly rocks it, that's for sure!!! :-bd
    00? Ok. 007? Never.
    Sani wrote: »
    00? Ok. 007? Never.

tumblr_ns9rmhX7LS1uxle3jo1_400.gif
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 71
    Why? Is it a fact?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    00? Ok. 007? Never April 2020.

Fixed.

Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007
    "Thanks" Barbara Broccoli! "Thanks" Phoebe Waller Bridge!
    So we'll have 24 James Bond 007 movie after 2020. Great!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    "Thanks" Barbara Broccoli! "Thanks" Phoebe Waller Bridge!
    So we'll have 24 James Bond 007 movie after 2020. Great!

tenor.gif
    Oh sorry. Fixed.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Sani you have a very odd fixation.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Most odd.
    Because, I don't want a woke Bond movie? Fine.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Because, I don't want a woke a Bond movie? Fine.

NO ONE here wants a woke Bond film (well maybe one or two, but that's their problem)
    It's just that most of us are not as gullible to believe any bullshit they read online as you apparently are.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.