Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• The_Reaper wrote: »
    The pay gap is the biggest lie/myth around. It does NOT take into account hours worked, job type, education/background of the person working, etc. If it were true, companies would never hire men and only hire women (especially women of color, since it seems they will work for such less money it boarders on the ridiculous); because corporations are only concerned with profit, right?

But people do not have pay scales, only jobs have pay scales. There are well-paid jobs and there are badly-paid jobs. Women and minorities tend to be pushed into the badly-paid jobs. It is much, much harder for them to break into the well-paid jobs. This is what the pay gap statistics demonstrate: statistically, the better paid a job is, the more likely it will be that the holder of that job will be male and white.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Where are the pictures of Lea wearing a "Phenomenally white" t-shirt?
    Sorry, this will have to do:

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Ana De Armas is getting rave reviews for KNIVES OUT. Despite the starry cast, every review is singling her out as the real breakout. The consensus is that De Armas has a star-making turn - and if you hadn't noticed her yet - that you will now.

I'm very glad that she's breaking through in a huge way and looks to be more an just eye candy, but a genuinely talented actress. I'm very excited.

If her role in NTTD is as small as we think, than I hope CJF takes notice of this wave of excitement and writes a couple more scenes asap. NTTD will be the biggest audience that De Armas has received.

ED8nHFpWsAA1-Ba?format=jpg&name=medium

De Armas confirms that her and Bond are 'partners' in NTTD in the above video.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    QBranch wrote: »

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg

Lol white t-shirt I thought I read wet t-shirt :P
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,272

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg

White t-shirts and wet t-shirts often go together… :-D

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg

To be honest I just search exactly that term on Google :D
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,272

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg

A lot of content to browse through, for sure! ;-)

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg

A lot of content to browse through, for sure!

With Lea not much...
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg

With Lea not much...

Try "nude" with her ;) lot's of content.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

Well, blacks in the UK (and USA) are a minority. Whites not :-).
    00Agent wrote: »

Ce0E28IWAAE4UhW.jpg

With Lea not much...

Try "nude" with her ;) lot's of content.

Haha I meant "Lea wet shirt" or "t-shirt"
    There aren't any /:)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 13,894

That has no bearing on the use of 'Phenomenally White'. But to do that, Lea would be swamped by cries of racism.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Depends on where you live within those countries. And what difference does it make anyway?

That would of course be construed as racist, since only white people can be that way. They are the only race not allowed to show pride in their own people.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    The pay gap is the biggest lie/myth around. It does NOT take into account hours worked, job type, education/background of the person working, etc. If it were true, companies would never hire men and only hire women (especially women of color, since it seems they will work for such less money it boarders on the ridiculous); because corporations are only concerned with profit, right?

But people do not have pay scales, only jobs have pay scales. There are well-paid jobs and there are badly-paid jobs. Women and minorities tend to be pushed into the badly-paid jobs. It is much, much harder for them to break into the well-paid jobs. This is what the pay gap statistics demonstrate: statistically, the better paid a job is, the more likely it will be that the holder of that job will be male and white.

Nonsense. No one is forcing them to work the jobs they have. Maybe, just maybe, they either aren't good enough to work others or they simply choose to work the jobs they have. Would you want to be a CEO of a major corporation? I wouldn't, no matter what it pays. I like having a life outside of work and 45-50 hours is enough for me. 80+ is torture and most people (a higher percentage of women in this case) not want that kind of life.
    Mr. Virtue-Signalling Pierce Brosnan says it's time for a female Bond: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-backlash-211948674.html
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mr. Virtue-Signalling Pierce Brosnan says it's time for a female Bond: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-backlash-211948674.html

He's a bit late to this increasingly tiresome and pointless subject.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I remember Brosnan saying it was "imperative" that the next Bond was black a few years ago.
  • The_Reaper wrote: »

I remember Brosnan saying it was "imperative" that the next Bond was black a few years ago.

One might consider actually, y'know, READING the article. In it, Pierce says that Bond will remain male as long as "the Broccolis" are in charge pf the franchise. So, once again, it's much ado about nothing really...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

One might consider actually, y'know, READING the article. In it, Pierce says that Bond will remain male as long as "the Broccolis" are in charge pf the franchise. So, once again, it's much ado about nothing really...

As always. Actors are never going to not say the "right thing" in these interviews. The risk of blowback is too great. Imagine if Craig had said "no" during the KNIVES OUT interviews? Do you think we'd still be hearing about that come April 2020? You bet we would.

I always cut the actors slack in these situations.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

That has no bearing on the use of 'Phenomenally White'. But to do that, Lea would be swamped by cries of racism.
    I know an African-American actress that could get away with a Phenomenally White T shirt.
    But she probably wouldn't go there.

c8a554a1ab08e09f5085c3ff29c528e9.jpg

• edited September 2019 Posts: 1,661
    I don't agree with Brosnan's suggestion. It would be a woman playing a different role. If Eon or some future owner did want to go the female route it would be better to have Bond's sister or some other relative. Invent Bond's sister and she's a 00. Okay, not a great idea, kinda naff really but that way we all know it's a different Bond in female form. It's a relative of Bond. It's impossible to have the male Bond change sex and still be the same person. That's bonkers. It would have to be Bond's sister or daughter or something like that.

And what's her name going to be? Can't be James Bond, can it? ;)) The whole thing is silly. Jane Bond? Jasmine Bond? Nah, it's never going to work. It's not JAMES BOND. Pierce, I don't think you've thought this through. 8-}
    Perhaps..........the Bond franchise on itself may have caused all this negative nonsense? All it takes is good, modern, pro-active publicity, a Bond-actor that likes to engage on social media with his core fans, and some natural 'feeling' with what works well in the (entertainment) media. Reason this Brosnan-thing and today as well taglines 'how to look boring' with the photocall from yesterday, seem to stick longer to the Bond-franchise than they would do with any other franchise. It's so unnecessary.
  • RC7RC7
    Perhaps..........the Bond franchise on itself may have caused all this negative nonsense? All it takes is good, modern, pro-active publicity, a Bond-actor that likes to engage on social media with his core fans, and some natural 'feeling' with what works well in the (entertainment) media. Reason this Brosnan-thing and today as well taglines 'how to look boring' with the photocall from yesterday, seem to stick longer to the Bond-franchise than they would do with any other franchise. It's so unnecessary.

Oh well, if the film is good no one will care.
    Just watched a You Tube video posted by one of my Bond buddies of Pierce at FRANCE24 ,where he was guest of honour ,and when asked about a woman playing Bond he did NOT say he approved of it, he remained neutral.
    He did no more than any other Bond except maybe Sean and George would do.
    Well done Pierce !
    RC7 wrote: »

Oh well, if the film is good no one will care.

But if the film itself is bad, bad publicity can become its own enemy and exponentially enhances the bad quality.

In any case you are perfectly right. I think NTTD will be a masterpiece that had similar rough production issues as FRWL 🙂. If the story is tightly knitted together in a logical way, if the editors are again damn fine fixers like good old Peter Hunt, NTTD might perhaps even outdo SF and CR. Now that would be a treat 😉.

And then, who knows, a Nomi spin-off film might become less farfetched too.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Wrong thread but still:

George Lazenby joins fellow 007 actor Pierce Brosnan in backing female James Bond

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9924751/george-lazenby-joins-pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-007/

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Contraband wrote: »
    Holy bloody hell

Wow she is perfect. How on earth did I over look this haha?
    Ana De Armas is one of the best looking women I've ever seen and she is a brilliant actress, I would be disappointed if she has a minor role in this movie
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 12,988
    Contraband wrote: »
    George Lazenby joins fellow 007 actor Pierce Brosnan in backing female James Bond

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9924751/george-lazenby-joins-pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-007/
    That rascal!