Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• edited August 2019 Posts: 71
    00Agent wrote: »
    People need to stop thinking of Lashana in terms of "Bond girl", because that's not who she's going to be.

Then who's the Bond girl? Léa Seydoux?
    I don't think there will be much to her that will be controversial or offensive, people are greatly overestimating her contribution.

If she isn't 007, then I totally agree with you.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Sani wrote: »
    People need to stop thinking of Lashana in terms of "Bond girl", because that's not who she's going to be.

Then who's the Bond girl? Léa Seydoux?

Probably, and Ana will have a smaller role ala Severine or Lucia. The Sacrificial Lamb.
    That's obviously just speculation on my part. I just hope Bond can get some...
    Wouldn't be a Bond film otherwise.

If Lea comes back as the lead, and possibly get's to
    marry Bond,
    her role will be way more significant in Bond history than Lashanas.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    1. Ugly is a very strong word, and something Lashana Lynch definitely isn't. She might not be the most beautiful Bond girl we've ever had, but to call her ugly is ridiculous.

2. If you consider her being 007 offensive, then please sort out your priorities.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 71
    Denbigh wrote: »
    1. Ugly is a very strong word, and something Lashana Lynch definitely isn't. She might not be the most beautiful Bond girl we've ever had, but to call her ugly is ridiculous.

2. If you consider her being 007 offensive, then please sort out your priorities.

1. I think she's ugly. This isn't a fundamental truth, this is my opinion. So is she "Bond girl" or not?

2. For me, this is the biggest insult in the long history of the franchise. If this terrible rumor is true.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    If this terrible rumor is true.

James Bond Producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli today released the official title of the 25th James Bond adventure, NO TIME TO DIE. The film, from Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios (MGM), and Universal Pictures International is directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga (Beasts of No Nation, True Detective) and stars Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007.
    Thanks, I read that and that's why I still have hope.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Holy bloody hell

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Breathtaking.

Do you guys think Bond will have sex in this Waller-Bridge-polished film? We know Nomi will reject him, we don't know a lot about Madeleine's role. We know AdA will help him through the journey, most likely in the Cuban scenes, but will Bond have an affair with her. He must, she's just too beautiful.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Breathtaking.

Do you guys think Bond will have sex in this Waller-Bridge-polished film? We know Nomi will reject him, we don't know a lot about Madeleine's role. We know AdA will help him through the journey, most likely in the Cuban scenes, but will Bond have an affair with her. He must, she's just too beautiful.

Of course he will have Sex, that's a requirement. I think he will have an affair with Ana, depends on the story, and whats going to happen with Madeleine.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Holy bloody hell

Simply delicious indeed!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 13,882
    Holy bloody hell

tenor.gif
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Holy bloody hell

Goddamn... simply gorgeous.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 15,785
    matt_u wrote: »
    Breathtaking.

There will probably be at least one sex scene. However, I have a bad feeling that this may end up like SF in which there is no main Bond girl he gets together with at the end.

My hunch is Nomi's role isn't a romantic one. Perhaps more of a Camille/Gala Brand type character? I think Ana's role may be small, a'la Monica Bellucci, and Madeleine's return, I'll assume is brief.
    I hope I'm way off, of course but that's my gut feeling.

I also firmly believe (unlike Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan) .........Bond won't be getting laid as the end credits role. That would depart too far from the established Craig formula.

The formula that dictates Craig's Bond can't get laid as the credits role............especially in an orange dingy.
    I also firmly believe (unlike Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan) .........Bond won't be getting laid as the end credits role. That would depart too far from the established Craig formula.

Ahem ! Remember YOLT ?
    Gerard wrote: »

Ahem ! Remember YOLT ?

They did get interrupted, as in TB, however I give YOLT extra points for including the orange dingy.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I really hope the character 'Nomi', as played by Lashana Lynch, gets her own 00-spin-off film series. It's perhaps a controversial idea, but I'm all in for it. And I really think the Bond-franchise is ready for such a diversification.

But I have a few conditions before this happens:

▀ Nomi can be 007 for some time during "No Time To Die", but I hope she later gives her 007-number away out of respect for James Bond. Perhaps give her the 008-number when she starts her own movie.
    ▀ The end of "No Time To Die" will probably lead into Daniel Craig's retirement as Bond-actor. But before we start a Nomi-film-franchise, I would like a new actor to be casted into the role of James Bond-007 before the end of Spring 2021 (perhaps Henry Cavill?).
    ▀ A Nomi-film should and can be produced/made/directed separately from a Bond-007-film. So that once every 1,5 years we get a 00-franchise-film in cinema's!
    ▀ So that means once every 3 years a new Bond-film, and once every 3 years a new Nomi-film.
    ▀ All of the above is nice, but I demand a truly strong-written Nomi-character. Bond-fans, but especially movie-lovers outside the fandom need to leave the cinema and say "Wow, that Nomi was marvellous!".

5d2dec1e2600004f00044954.jpeg
    lynch.jpg
    L1WaIu9.jpg
    qfhBZFl.jpg
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Léa is on her way to Pinewood - she has finally wrapped filming on The Story of My Wife - so we might see her in Matera! She apparently did some filming in July at Pinewood too. Her future sis-in-law put their trip on her IG story

EDlozh6XYAAnLOL.jpg

This is what that TSOMW will look like - set in the 20's

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I really hope the character 'Nomi', as played by Lashana Lynch, gets her own 00-spin-off film series. It's perhaps a controversial idea, but I'm all in for it. And I really think the Bond-franchise is ready for such a diversification.

▀ Nomi can be 007 for some time during "No Time To Die", but I hope she later gives her 007-number away out of respect for James Bond. Perhaps give her the 008-number when she starts her own movie.
    ▀ The end of "No Time To Die" will probably lead into Daniel Craig's retirement as Bond-actor. But before we start a Nomi-film-franchise, I would like a new actor to be casted into the role of James Bond-007 before the end of Spring 2021 (perhaps Henry Cavill?).
    ▀ A Nomi-film should and can be produced/made/directed separately from a Bond-007-film. So that once every 1,5 years we get a 00-franchise-film in cinema's!
    ▀ So that means once every 3 years a new Bond-film, and once every 3 years a new Nomi-film.
    ▀ All of the above is nice, but I demand a truly strong-written Nomi-character. Bond-fans, but especially movie-lovers outside the fandom need to leave the cinema and say "Wow, that Nomi was marvellous!".

lynch.jpg
    L1WaIu9.jpg
    qfhBZFl.jpg

When EON can barely manage to muster up one Bond film in five years i can't really share your optimism...

lynch.jpg
    L1WaIu9.jpg
    qfhBZFl.jpg

I don't want a Bond spinoff. Not of Jinx, not of Moneypenny, not of Nomi, not of anyone for that matter. James Bond films are James Bond films and stand by themselves. There's no shared universe, no spinoff, no tv series, no film companion, nothing of the sorts. Those are ridiculous money making efforts that belong to Marvel, Disney or whatever. James Bond films are a family business about Ian Fleming's James Bond.

I would go and watch a bad Bond film in the cinema, even twice. But I'd never, ever, watch a Bond spinoff, not on television, not on cinemas, not even online on a free streaming service. I really wouldn't.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Lashana Lynch is ugly but not because she's black.
    Naomie Harris, Halle Berry, Zendaya, Amber Stevens West, Laura Harrier... are hot black womans.
    Ana de Armas would be a perfect Bond girl. Talented, beautiful, sexy.
    But it is very likely that she play only a minor role.
    If Léa Seydoux becomes THE Bond girl again, that's fine, but Ana de Armas's supposedly small role is a huge waste.

I think a lot of people feel the same way. But it's interesting that you're listed a number of light-skinned black actresses. I've only started learning about colourism myself, but it's a latent feeling that I think a lot of us have, mainly as we have a projected view of ethnic beauty being presented in films and TV. Rarely is it a dark skinned actress.

So much is dependent on NTTD - if Lynch gives a great performance and the character clicks with audiences- I can imagine a spin-off.

I think Craig's era will end definitively. Therefore, the continuity would need to be rebooted (again). This means the current continuity continues with Lynch. so we have two parallel series.

I can see either a Netflix limited series or a more modestly budgeted film with Lynch at the centre. This also means we get Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw and Ralph Fiennes reprising their roles. Which I'd be very enthusiastic about.

I've never really been down with the 'universe' theory applying to Bond - it rids the franchise of its sense of exclusivity and special-ness. The 'universe' theory doesn't suit certain franchises - such as Star Wars. The films need to feel like events and not episodes on a network cable show (like Marvel)

But.........Eon do have options if they wanted to extend their IP.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »

lynch.jpg
    L1WaIu9.jpg
    qfhBZFl.jpg

I don't want a Bond spinoff. Not of Jinx, not of Moneypenny, not of Nomi, not of anyone for that matter. James Bond films are James Bond films and stand by themselves. There's no shared universe, no spinoff, no tv series, no film companion, nothing of the sorts. Those are ridiculous money making efforts that belong to Marvel, Disney or whatever. James Bond films are a family business about Ian Fleming's James Bond.

I would go and watch a bad Bond film in the cinema, even twice. But I'd never, ever, watch a Bond spinoff, not on television, not on cinemas, not even online on a free streaming service. I really wouldn't.

+ infinity.

Awful idea.
    There will never be a Bond spin-off,i don't know why people keep talking about it on here.

They nearly got their fingers burnt badly in 2002,and i'm sure have learnt their lesson.
    I doubt there will ever be a spin off. Especially since the Bond films themselves no longer are produced with any regular schedule planned.
  • Univex wrote: »

I would never say never...again. Sean Connery taught us that. Some of us should have listened.

I would also strive my best not to judge a film before I've actually seen it. Really, I would. I do. I realize that this particular thread would be substantially shorter if my fellow fans would take that simple, sensible advice...but that's a consequence I'm willing to live with.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,311
    Spin-offs is something that a BIG studio can pull off (Marvel, Star Wars), but not EON. All this talk of spin-offs is fanboy fantasy. NTTD hasn't even been finished filming and some are already 5 steps ahead. Please stop it, it's not going to happen.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I'm really starting to think that there isn't a female lead.....I think we are getting a picaresque story of Bond on a mission and during that mission he meets different women who assist. Neither Seydoux, Lynch or De Armas have more prominence than the other.

Essentially, Bond goes it alone.
    • I think Seydoux is obviously in the PTS and there is a point later in the story where Bond needs to find Madeleine as he is seeking intel on Spectre. So a sizeable role but not the lead.
      lea-seydoux.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
    • I think Ana De Armas is connected to the Cuba scenes. She is probably the femme fatale who we discover is more vulnerable than initially thought. Eventually she'll decide to leave the villain's side. Hence her capture in Cuba.
      ana-de-armas-blade-runner-sequel.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
    • Lynch is an MI6 agent and a constant thorn in Bond's side. It'll only be at the end of the film where they finally team up - after spending the movie working the same mission from opposite angles.
      1cc532755553fde9b4be1575d77e9662

However........if anyone edges the other on screentime, it's almost certainly Lynch. Both Seydoux and De Armas have been shooting other films whilst NTTD has been filming. Lynch has been with the film since it began filming in April.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    It should be focused completely on bond it's DC's last bond film.
    It should be focused completely on bond it's DC's last bond film.
    +1
    Every Bond film ever has focused entirely on Bond and his (sordid) escapades. This will not be an exception.
    Lashana Lynch has posted a new photo on Instagram for a great cause:

Did you know that today, August 22nd, is Black Women's Equal Pay Day? If you didn’t know, now you know. It shows how far into 2019 black women must work to earn what white men made in 2018. That's a whole 9 extra months! Even worse, the gap has widened since last year. Black women disproportionately are heads of households, they make up the largest group of minority women-owned businesses, and they're a key voting bloc with one of the biggest voter turnouts. When you lift up black women, you lift up entire communities. They are phenomenal, and they deserve equal pay! @phenomenal tee benefits the Black Futures Lab.

Once again, this is indicative of her look in the film. Very excited to see more of her soon.

The pay gap is the biggest lie/myth around. It does NOT take into account hours worked, job type, education/background of the person working, etc. If it were true, companies would never hire men and only hire women (especially women of color, since it seems they will work for such less money it boarders on the ridiculous); because corporations are only concerned with profit, right?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Where are the pictures of Lea wearing a "Phenomenally white" t-shirt?