Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,541
    00Agent wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I love what Lea says here about not liking political correctness and that Bond is actually the one being objectified.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bond-star-lea-seydoux-claims-160412406.html

Maybe there's hope for this film not being a woke crapfest.

I always knew that Léa was the smartest of the bunch, that's why i'm glad that she's 'the one'.

+1 Remember when people used to call her dumb, when I said she is an introvert. Fantastic actress Imo, her role in NTTD will definitely change my view for SP.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I love what Lea says here about not liking political correctness and that Bond is actually the one being objectified.

I always knew that Léa was the smartest of the bunch, that's why i'm glad that she's 'the one'.

+1 Remember when people used to call her dumb, when I said she is an introvert. Fantasy actress Imo, her role in NTTD will definitely change my view for SP.

As far as I like SP there was a lot of unexpressed potential in that film so as I see things Fukunaga made a smart move picking up from what has been left expanding Bond and Swann arcs while giving more space to implement SPECTRE mythology within this era.
    matt_u wrote: »

+1 Remember when people used to call her dumb, when I said she is an introvert. Fantasy actress Imo, her role in NTTD will definitely change my view for SP.

As far as I like SP there was a lot of unexpressed potential in that film so as I see things Fukunaga made a smart move picking up from what has been left expanding Bond and Swann arcs while giving more space to implement SPECTRE mythology within this era.

Sadly i didn't like SP(hope her role this time will change my perception) but i agree there was a lot of potential and a lot of Characters to explore. I am also glad Waltz and seydoux both are returning. Hope SPECTRE has more to do this time around with better plot, now that fukunaga and PWB has together wrote the script.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    matt_u wrote: »

+1. Without mentioning she’s also the most talented since Green (well, except dame Judi but that’s another story).

True, and CraigBond really has a thing for french girls. I like that consistency :)
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Léa Seydoux’s guide to Parisian style

Not really anything to do with NTTD - except it comes from the Harper's Bizarre profile of Léa. Nontheless, it's a cool little video with Léa.

Léa Seydoux On Being a Modern Muse

Another new video. Once again, nothing much.....but Léa has that effortlessly chic Parisian sense of cool here.

Also.....found this fun and very well directed advert she did for Prada a while back. It's made by Wes Anderson and his style is so suited to the short-form. Léa is the perfect for the Anderson aesthetic.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,541
    This Friday just got better with Lea :x
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I am very excited we have Ana de Armas in a Bond film, but also disappointed she is not the main “bond girl”, as she is very much capable of being the female lead.
    Mallory wrote: »
    I am very excited we have Ana de Armas in a Bond film, but also disappointed she is not the main “bond girl”, as she is very much capable of being the female lead.
    I'm in two minds about her in NTTD. On one hand I'm glad, because I'm a big fan of hers even before she was announced to be in Bond. However I would prefer her to have a bigger role in a Bond film. Hopefully she kicks enough ass that we get an unlikely spinoff!
    And a version of King Solomon's Mines with Patrick Swayze in the main role, if memory serves.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    New Lashana Lynch photos from Glass magazine.

EUCn2BGU8AAHDEX?format=jpg&name=large
    EUCn3EWUEAIAJZJ?format=jpg&name=large
    ET9bez7WAAAdv9r?format=jpg&name=900x900
    ET9bez7XgAEi6Hq?format=jpg&name=900x900

Working for a watch brand by any chance? :D
    My favourite Bond Female Villian is Alison Doody playing Jenny Flex...she also turns up in A Last Crusade as Dr Elsa Schneider.

200px-Alisondoody003.jpg

On Last Crusade set, Spielberg used to greet her every morning by saying "Howdy Doody!"
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 4,400
    What if........during lockdown (aside from worrying about the financial woes of NTTD) that Eon were secretly working on a Nomi film? Something of a smaller scale - perhaps London and Europe based - with Lashana Lynch leading? The Some Kind of Hero book already explained that the intention behind Jinx was to make a gritty spy film. They also wanted to make a Wai Lin spin-off which would have been a martial acts espionage film.....so many leather catsuits

wai-lin-jinx-bond-girls-2009712.jpg?r=1565877460742

If Nomi were to return, you could have the rest of the MI6 team return for the film. Which would be a huge attraction as I'd love to see those guys return.

What do we think? It could never be a Netflix or Apple film...Also, Micheala Coel is having a wave of success currently. Not too dissimilar to PWB before she was bought into Bond. I could imagine Coel and Lynch working on the script.

If I was Lashana Lynch, I'd be pursuing this heavily. The Nokia advert (directed by Amma Asante, no less) is basically a pitch for the job.

Hero-Shot.jpg?w=1200&h=800&imflag=true

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Not-gonna-happen. :D
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    Nah. Bond is about Bond. Trying to make it into a cinematic universe is just silly.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I can't see them pursuing a Nomi film without some kind of reception from NTTD audiences first. I'd be down, but not if it means pushing back the following Bond film.
    Audiences may end up hating her which is a very real possibilty given the films woke agenda.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited July 2020 Posts: 280
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    Audiences may end up hating her which is a very real possibilty given the films woke agenda.
    Does the film have an agenda at all? Having a black female 00 is not automatically 'woke'. Somebody had to replace Bond at MI6 (and that's assuming she's 007 specifically).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    AstonLotus wrote: »

How do you know it has a "woke" agenda?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Because it may hurt fragile MRAs who whine about feminism.
    Because it may hurt fragile MRAs who whine about feminism.

Just like feminists have been whining for last 100 years about "muh patriarchy" and "misogyny" in film's ;)
    Women!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Watch out @AstonLotus men have been cancelled for less. ;)
    Apparently seeing competent cocky women talking back to men in a movie can be a lot more dangerous to the male psyche than losing visitation rights.
    Believe it or not most men are more attracted towards feminine women just like most women are attracted towards masculine men and it's not a coincidence that we haven't had that in years. Most of the girls we see today can't differentiate between arrogance and confidence, ILsa's character in MI is a great example of amazing blend of confident and feminine girls. But i can understand as bond have a tendency to attract these kind of arrogant women. Still, i don't believe MRA actually cares about what people show in film's, they are more concerned about biased laws that have been screwing men in court.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    I despise the woke agenda and everything to do with it.

It is also perfectly reasonable and acceptable for a black woman to be a 00 agent, and Lynch seems as suited to the task as any actor out there from what I can see. This fact has nothing to do with being 'woke'.
    I just think it’s silly to complain about Nomi having a less feminine appearance when there are two other very feminine characters with Madeleine and Paloma.
  • I just think it’s silly to complain about Nomi having a less feminine appearance when there are two other very feminine characters with Madeleine and Paloma.

I think it's silly to complain about the "agenda" of a film one hasn't even SEEN yet. But there's a lot of silliness going on in the world these days. If you want to complain about the film once you've actually seen it, fine -- knock yourself out. But until then (and it's still months away from release, folks) please reserve judgment.
    Paloma is yet to be seen, Madeline on the other hand, as much as like Lea her character doesn't seem feminine at all. Showing skin or their appearance and not being in action doesn't make someone feminine, it's their attitude that has changed drastically. Most of the feminine actresses from Craig era were from supporting roles: Solange- Miss fields- Severine- Lucia- Paloma. Lead actresses: Vesper- Camille- M- Madeline- Nomi. It's easy to notice a pattern.
    Paloma is yet to be seen, Madeline on the other hand, as much as like Lea her character doesn't seem feminine at all. Showing skin or their appearance and not being in action doesn't make someone feminine, it's their attitude that has changed drastically. Most of the feminine actresses from Craig era were from supporting roles: Solange- Miss fields- Severine- Lucia- Paloma. Lead actresses: Vesper- Camille- M- Madeline- Nomi. It's easy to notice a pattern.

Can you elaborate more on that? I don't think Nomi counts as a lead actress, as Madeleine is clearly filling that role in NTTD.