No Time To Die - Safin's Plot (Spoilers!)

Comments

I don’t think Malek will be Doctor No. There are some DN connections with the movie but that redoing the villain is just lazy.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Put it this way; given we have a rebooted Blofeld, anything is possible. They can reboot all the characters they want. It would generate plenty of headlines for sure (as you write, @Pierce2Daniel), but also comparisons to whoever played the character with the same name in a previous film – no matter how different the rebooted character is presented.

On the other hand, a new unique villain can only be its own thing, and that's definitely more interesting, IMO. Malek definitely deserves that.

As for his personal style, that could be an interesting element to add to his character (if possible). It's always great with villains that have a certain bit of flair – one way or the other.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Ending the Daniel Craig era by a movie featuring the first villain of the franchise could give it a great full circle feeling... And it could also pave the way for future rebooted versions of villains like Scaramanga and above all the fans favorite Goldfinger ! Could be awesome imo...even if i still think he will play Blofeld or somebody linked to him

Ending the Daniel Craig era by a movie featuring the first villain of the franchise could give it a great full circle feeling... And it could also pave the way for future rebooted versions of villains like Scaramanga and above all the fans favorite Goldfinger ! Coul be awesome imo...

That's awfull idea!
    BTW Goldfinger is only one and it is Gert Fröbe.

1:44 seems to me he’s hinting at something quite new - not a villain redo
    FoxRox wrote: »

1:44 seems to me he’s hinting at something quite new - not a villain redo

Nice little interview!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Pierce2Daniel Probably the fittest Bond villain yet haha :D

As for the Dr. No thing, I don't think he'll BE Dr. No, but he could be a reinterpretation. I imagine in the way that Raoul Silva felt like Scaramanga to some of us, and actually Skyfall had a lot of similarities to TMWTGG :)
    Denbigh wrote: »

As for the Dr. No thing, I don't think he'll BE Dr. No, but he could be a reinterpretation. I imagine in the way that Raoul Silva felt like Scaramanga to some of us, and actually Skyfall had a lot of similarities to TMWTGG :)

Certainly the slimmest and creepiest since Kronsteen.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »

@Univex I loved Kronsteen's look. I actually think Vladek Sheybal would've been a good 1960's equivalent to Mads Mikkelsen's Le Chiffre.
    Univex wrote: »

@Univex I loved Kronsteen's look. I actually think Vladek Sheybal would've been a good 1960's equivalent to Mads Mikkelsen's Le Chiffre.
    Absolutely!
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    i'm probably wrong but he could play the double role of (or a reinvintion of) the spang brothers and the malek of the flashback is their father! don't forget that sebastien sodais seems to work intensively to move and even think exactly like malek...
    i'm probably wrong but he could play the double role of (or a reinvintion of) the spang brothers and the malek of the flashback is their father! don't forget that sebastien sodais seems to work intensively to move and even think exactly like malek...

I read a recent theory that after Blofeld was captured, there was a schism within SPECTRE.

One half of the divide was upholding the traditional structure, and the other was more radical. It would therefore make sense if Rami Malek was the leader of the new radical group fighting for supremacy. It make sense that Blofeld would know more about Rami, as he was a former protege.

The only thing that is making the notion sound more like a little 'soap opera', is the suggestion that Malek and Madeleine are linked......I guess they are a similiar age, so there could be a personal connection there........

Perhaps they were in the Spectre Youth or something. Maybe the creepy Malek always loved Madeleine. Perhaps Madeleine killed his father. Maybe they are brother and sister?

lea-seydoux-a-l-affiche-du-prochain-james-bond-au-cote-de-rami-malek.jpeg

Would explain the whole 'genome' thing, as he wants to recreate Madeleine for himself.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Pierce2Daniel I still think it's a possibility it could be "Malek's father/brother" in that certain scene we've all been talking about.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Could Malek's villain be Madeline's half brother, White had a fling with a member of Quantum/SPECTRE, either before MS was born or after?

Just a thought and no more nuts than some other suggestions kicking about, rebooted Dr No, now that is funny!
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I really think that after villain's family connections in Spectre B25 will totally omit this type of character arc, plot.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 677
    Honestly I'm thinking this movie may have similar plot points to Quantum of Solace, hear me out:

Blofeld back and being possibly interrogated by Madeleine -- this sounds like the Mr. White role getting interrogated by MI6 and revealing that they still have people everywhere.

Paloma played by Ana de Armas was described as "an accomplice like Camille" iirc, so that one's pretty self-explanatory. She's likely involved in the Cuban scenes and QOS coincidentally also introduced Camille in Haiti, another Caribbean Island. Will she have any personal beef with one of the villains like Camille?

Felix Leiter appearance also self-explanatory. Although I'm thinking he might have a bigger role this time around since he's getting Bond out of retirement. Will he be killed like Mathis?

Rami Malek as a villain with a dangerous technology having something to do with genetic warfare. Now this one doesn't mirror Dominic Greene too much, although it's possible Malek's some sort of entrepeneur as well with a company facade for the treacherous genetic experiments, and who knows what's going on in Cuba or Jamaica with him. Does he have an ally or some sort of interest there?

We also have obviously SPECTRE instead of Quantum this time around. Rami Malek also likely a member like Greene. Maybe Bond will crash a meeting as it happened in both QOS and SP.

The "Bond being reinstated into service" is obviously more akin to SF.

What I can think that is pretty original to this movie is the Nomi being the new 007 plot point. I wonder if she's just going to be an ally or if she has any sort of attachment to the plot, she seemed to be pretty present in the Jamaica scenes. Also the kidnapped scientist has me scratching my head too.

Armas will probably be the severine/Lucia of the film. Lynch and Wright get killed likely. Maybe bond and Madeline wed at the end.
  • Tuck91 wrote: »
    Armas will probably be the severine/Lucia of the film. Lynch and Wright get killed likely. Maybe bond and Madeline wed at the end.
    That's such a waste of De Armas (and it was a waste of Bellucci too) but it is what it is.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,165
    With the rumors of B25 being YOLT inspired, and Malek saying his villain will be unlike any villain we've seen before (could just be PR buzz, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), I decided to put together a little shoop of Rami Malek has Dr. Guntram Shatterhand, based on artwork found in this article.

Blofeld-Malek.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    If I'm being honest it would be interesting to see each of Blofeld's literary iterations adapted into new villains for the franchise.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Maybe you guys already have posted this in a more suitable thread (don't know which one), and if so I apologize.

If not, here goes: Since Phoebe Waller Bridge is one the co-writers maybe it would interesting to read her pilot script to the Fleabag-show she created. Her writing style, creating characters, dialogue, etc

ep 1. - Fleabag

Dr. No Time to Die?

I did posit that Rami Malek could be playing a reimagined version of Dr. No. We know there is a science-y aspect to the plot and that Spectre return in some capacity. So I suppose there is a version of Dr. No in the rebooted continuity.

I don't think it's as dumb a theory as the tweeter may think. Personally, at the moment I feel that Malek should play an original character. SP was the first film in a while that bought back iconic villains. It's never been a crutch of Eon's to do.

I mean, they deep-sixed the idea of using Goldfinger's evil twin or even bringing back Oddjob when Harold Sakarta was alive. So I think Eon should stick to their tradition of 'new' characters.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Pierce2Daniel I had the same thought, although my theory is it'll like the way Raoul Silva reminded us of Francisco Scaramanga. I don't think his character will be a reimagined Dr. No, more inspired by.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,165
    At best, I suspect he’ll be inspired by that style of villain in the same way Zorin was a reinterpretation of Goldfinger, but he won’t literally be Dr. No. Blofeld should be the only antagonist with enough pedigree to revive the way they did.
    I think I’ve figured out some of the plot……Beware of clicking below:
    I think the film opens in Matera and Madeleine does indeed die. I think that Dali Bensallah is the assassin who carries out the act. This is probably his character:

04.jpg

Bond then goes into retirement and slips into depression in Jamaica. From there, Bond is asked by Felix to save the kidnapped scientist in Cuba. I imagine Felix needs the job done ‘off the books’.

screen-shot-2019-06-25-at-9.35.16-am.png

So why would Bond – who has likely avoided returning to active service after 5 years – finally decide to return to the field? Well, I think Felix has intel to suggest that Dali Bensallah – that man who killed Madeline Swan – was behind the kidnapping. This gives Bond the dramatic agency required to carry out the rescue mission and kill Bensallah. We know Bensallah was also filming in Jamaica and was on the Cuba set in Jamaica.

Not a bad theory @Pierce2Daniel - I really like it!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

I think I’ve figured out some of the plot……Beware of clicking below:
    I think the film opens in Matera and Madeleine does indeed die. I think that Dali Bensallah is the assassin who carries out the act. This is probably his character:

04.jpg

Bond then goes into retirement and slips into depression in Jamaica. From there, Bond is asked by Felix to save the kidnapped scientist in Cuba. I imagine Felix needs the job done ‘off the books’.

screen-shot-2019-06-25-at-9.35.16-am.png

So why would Bond – who has likely avoided returning to active service after 5 years – finally decide to return to the field? Well, I think Felix has intel to suggest that Dali Bensallah – that man who killed Madeline Swan – was behind the kidnapping. This gives Bond the dramatic agency required to carry out the rescue mission and kill Bensallah. We know Bensallah was also filming in Jamaica and was on the Cuba set in Jamaica.

Interesting theory but I have another one....
    In the PTS bond and Madeline gets attacked by the assassins and bond presume that Madeline died and later Felix ask bond to help him,he refused at first only after Felix tell him that Madeline is still alive.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 1
    Could it be possible that Malek may be playing the role of Yusef Kabira? which of course was Vesper Lynd's original love. He was captured by MI6 at the end of QOS but since may have escaped or been released. He is now back & continues his work for Spectre. It would tie him to Bond and perhaps had a bigger role to play in the grand Spectre scheme of things all along? Just a thought
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Could it be possible that Malek may be playing the role of Yusef Kabira which of course was Vesper Lynd's original love. He was captured by MI6 at the end of QOS but since escaped or released. He is now back & continues his work for Spectre. It would tie him to Bond and perhaps has a bigger role to play in the grand Spectre scheme of things after all? Just a thought
    No I think he'll be an original character, with Madeleine and Blofeld returning. We don't need anyone else.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 12,837
    I think Blofeld being rebooted is fine because he was created as a recurring villain, and while he barely ever does anything to live up to the title (seriously even in the books YOLT is his only decent showing, in OHMSS him and Bond never even have a conversation apart from when Bond is undercover as Sir Hilary), he is meant to be Bond's arch enemy. So reimagining him is fair game in the same way keeping the MI6 regulars is. He isn't tied to one story.

But rebooting one off villains is a bad idea imo. Bond has gone on for as long as it has because it's always moved forward. Leave Dr No, Goldfinger, etc, in the past please.