No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,548
    The bridge clip looks great. Would love to see it in better quality. Does anyone know if it's available in 1080p or 4k? Also, Primo's eye looks bloody weird!

I love the clip, but I'm a little less enthusiastic about Zimmer's work here. Or, at least, some of it. I'm picking up the opening notes of Moby's "Extreme Ways":

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    God, jimmy Fallon is such an unfunny C word. What a daft dullard.

Is he is the one with the fake laugh, that laughs at everying?

Yes, that's him. Fake as hell
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I love how he gets grazed by bullet and barely even flinches.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Wow. Cool clip. Makes you wonder if we'll ever get to see the entire movie. At this rate, a couple of months before April, they'll probably push it to November 2021 [-(
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but there’s a group of people just in front of the kid at the start of the clip (maybe more kids?) that disappear a couple seconds later. I’m guessing a couple shots were edited out of the clip.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but there’s a group of people just in front of the kid at the start of the clip (maybe more kids?) that disappear a couple seconds later. I’m guessing a couple shots were edited out of the clip.

I took it they went left. And then the next frame of the kid is positioned so we can see to his right, so the people aren't seen in that shot.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I love how he gets grazed by bullet and barely even flinches.

He's like: "Damn these Italian mosquitos" and then "Oh, someone's shooting at me".
    Not a a big fan of the OST so far, too "ambient" for my tastes but it is only a small snippet.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I like the OST in that bridge scene, far better than gunbarrel.

Yes, me too. It's more original, which may indicate more originality from the rest of the soundtrack.

@jake24 Read first call sheet at the end. That explains it.
    5uCVXB2.jpg

Bridge scenes:

3BNu0OO.jpg
    9BzJD4w.jpg

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Contraband wrote: »

5uCVXB2.jpg

Bridge scenes:

3BNu0OO.jpg
    9BzJD4w.jpg
    I’m avoiding the call sheets.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Contraband wrote: »

5uCVXB2.jpg

Bridge scenes:

3BNu0OO.jpg
    9BzJD4w.jpg
    I’m avoiding the call sheets.

Ok. But if I write the explantation in two words - spoiler tagged? It's doesn't reveal anything you haven't seen so far on the bridge. Just clearing up your question.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Hate to harp on a dead subject but I do think some of you will get a kick out of this.
    I was 13 when Spectre came out. I was 15 when I joined this forum. I will be 19 when No time to die releases.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    @Contraband Here's the NTTD spot in somewhat ok quality.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2020 Posts: 40,373
    That clip was pretty good - not as exciting as the first two films are for me but definitely better than what I got in SP. I love how casual Bond's reaction to getting hit is (it looks like he gets shot there, anyway, but perhaps not).

Oddly enough, I think I'm most excited for those scenes between Bond and Leiter.
  • StarkStark France
    The bridge clip looks great. Would love to see it in better quality. Does anyone know if it's available in 1080p or 4k? Also, Primo's eye looks bloody weird!

I suspect they accentuated the light compared to the 1st trailer because the scenes takes place in the morning.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,018
    @Contraband Here's the NTTD spot in somewhat ok quality.

@AgentJamesBond007 Thanks man.. :-bd

New footage:
    - Bond and Blofeld talking
    - 3 2 1 line with Bond, Felix, Safin
    - Q: "Can I just have one nice evening before the world explodes" :D
    - Bond and Moneypenny in Qs flat
    - Bond with a detonator in Safins bunker. That's the moment he blows up the control room in the background that we've seen in other stills.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 137
    So Primo's eye, is that a practical make-up effect or digital? And, does anyone know the story behind it? I know there was talk of a bionic eyed henchman a few films back.

It reminded me of the old comedic performer Marty Feldman. f1b9b533fd002b54a983dd96f6206366.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Is it just me, or does DC's top lip look weird in the Fallon interview?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That clip was pretty good - not as exciting as the first two films are for me but definitely better than what I got in SP. I love how casual Bond's reaction to getting hit is (it looks like he gets shot there, anyway, but perhaps not).

Yeah I couldn't quite tell if it clips his shoulder or hits the ground in front.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

They had to CG out his moustache. They do this in all of his appearances: it's where most of the budgets of the Bond films go.

gallery_3_5.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-normal&downsize=0.75xw:*
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    mtm wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yeah I couldn't quite tell if it clips his shoulder or hits the ground in front.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

They had to CG out his moustache. They do this in all of his appearances: it's where most of the budgets of the Bond films go.

Not in the film, in the interview. It's like he has no top lip any more, or its really stretched or something. I can't place it, but it was so distracting.

It also looks like he took a break from being a hostage to film the interview.
    Regarding the fact that Bond seems not to be aware they're shooting at him, maybe I have a theory - if not something already mentioned
    If I remember correctly there was on Cary's IG profile a video showing a scoring session for the movie with a very similar soundtrack to the one heard at the beginning of this clip. Maybe Bond, just recovered for the explosion, finds the boy (as someone as told) to ask info and come back to the city as quick as he can. The boy leads him to the bridge to meet with the baddies, but he's still a bit unconscious. You can hear how but bullets sound is somehow low, muffle from his perspective when he's hit in the shoulder
    Regarding the fact that Bond seems not to be aware they're shooting at him, maybe I have a theory - if not something already mentioned
    If I remember correctly there was on Cary's IG profile a video showing a scoring session for the movie with a very similar soundtrack to the one heard at the beginning of this clip. Maybe Bond, just recovered for the explosion, finds the boy (as someone as told) to ask info and come back to the city as quick as he can. The boy leads him to the bridge to meet with the baddies, but he's still a bit unconscious. You can hear how but bullets sound is somehow low, muffle from his perspective when he's hit in the shoulder

Yeah,
    My interpretation (backed up by the soundtrack choice) is that Bond is meant to be quite 'out of it' at this point. Staggered, reeling, a bit disoriented. Which adds nicely to the tension and desperate of his decision to go over the edge. Very cool. Very Craigbond.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Yeah,
    My interpretation (backed up by the soundtrack choice) is that Bond is meant to be quite 'out of it' at this point. Staggered, reeling, a bit disoriented. Which adds nicely to the tension and desperate of his decision to go over the edge. Very cool. Very Craigbond.

Yessir-- I agree with this!!!
    Univex wrote: »

Yes, me too. It's more original, which may indicate more originality from the rest of the soundtrack.

But hopefully not at the expense of the "Bond Sound". On the other hand, though I'm not crazy about the gun barrel, I do prefer it to the bridge background music.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    peter wrote: »

Yeah,

And...
    dealing with (temporary?) hearing loss
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    TripAces wrote: »

Yeah,

And...

That was my thought.
    TripAces wrote: »

Yeah,

And...

Nod. Very situationally resonant.

And I've no doubt we'll get some classic Bond sound in the pretitles music, at some point. Perhaps a little blaring brass or twangy guitar for a certain donut stunt...
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Man... all these new clips, revelations, discoveries are making me frustrated that it’s not coming in Nov. Also with Craig saying “I’m so glad I came back”... I have a strong feeling this movie is gonna be AMAZING.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    There's a deeper more insidious aspect to this delay and other issues currently plaguing the world. I also apologize for my earlier post, but my frustration is aimed at the larger, more systemic problems here.

The people constantly capitulating and being nice about this are part of the problem. Men of the West, what has happened to our spine?!? Are we the same "men" that fought and won two world wars in the last century? Or are we spineless soy-boys?

Obviously we are becoming the latter. See, closing down cinemas and other businesses NEVER should have been allowed. Mask mandates, regardless of their effectiveness, are merely a symptom of a larger totalitarian push towards complete and utter control of every aspect of our lives. It's the slowly boiling frog scenario played out before us.

9/11 was similar. The Patriot Act, supposedly created to protect us from future attacks, merely suspends habeas corpus. In other words, if you are suspected of being a terrorist they can lock you up without a phone call, a lawyer, a trial, or anything, forever and ever. Red flag laws are of a congruent vein. Yet the Patriot Act was a generation ago and few people today understand its devious implications.

Same thing is happening here. They are disrupting society in order to push fear, control, and an agenda of shifting loyalties towards the state; the only thing that can save you so do what you're told! Imagine the level of control they will have 20 years from now, 50, 100! Think of what your children, conditioned along this same line of capitulation, will face in the coming generations. It's beyond Orwell's worst nightmare.

Sorry for being off topic a bit here, but this delay is part of the new normal. If you think things will be better in April and then it's all back to the way things were... I got a bridge to sell you. :))

Um, no to all of this. We are facing a once-in-100-years (we hope) pandemic. Shutting businesses down and telling people to stay home saves lives. Think of your fellow human.