No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Official still

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Very cool reveal. Zimmer's music is definitely going to count in this scene.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,861
    That's a really fun still. I love the idea that Bond has lockups full of Aston Martins, Bollinger -and presumably it's also full of dinner suits and wristwatches- all around London :)

Who leaves a trolley jack fully pumped up?
    A member of the prop team who knows little about trolley jacks.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Trying to not get my hopes up but it feels like finally it's happening.
    Looking forward to the podcast, it sounds interesting and it seems like it's an appropriate time given the current state of the world and the hesitation for face to face interviews

I wonder when we'll find out more about the Being James Bond documentary or maybe see trailer for it?
    There must be a "go/no go" date at which, once passed, they simply have to release. I suspect they are very close.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    patb wrote: »
    There must be a "go/no go" date at which, once passed, they simply have to release.

We've all been there, but I'm pretty sure there are breathing techniques you can try...
    There must be a "go/no go" date at which, once passed, they simply have to release. I suspect they are very close.

I've taken a look at the press releases accompanying the podcast announce yesterday and the Bollinger thing today and what struck me is that instead of specifically saying November 12, they're phrasing it as "in cinemas globally from November." Feel like we may be seeing some Tenet-style staggering or gradual pushback moves if the situation gets worse.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Official still

Nice picture. Somehow the stacked cases of Bollinger are hilarious to me. I have yet to come up with an in-universe reason for them to be there. Do we know the context of that garage? Is it more of a bug-out/in case of emergency situation or is this literally just Bond's every-day garage?

Also Craig looks like this is the 35th time he has had to pull the cover away until the photographer was satisfied with the swirl.
    Or Bond is just very annoyed he has to use the second of his stashed Astons before he could get through all the Bollinger...
    mtm wrote: »
    There must be a "go/no go" date at which, once passed, they simply have to release.

We've all been there, but I'm pretty sure there are breathing techniques you can try...

giphy.gif
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Official still

Nice picture. Somehow the stacked cases of Bollinger are hilarious to me. I have yet to come up with an in-universe reason for them to be there.

Yeah it's a bit Del Boy, isn't it? I reckon he's got a pile of faulty Chinese alarm clock radios in the other corner.

giphy.gif

:D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    And another plug, a Portable Electric power supply in the corner, like we saw at the start of production.

ktf6sgqxmso21.jpg
    BOND-Highlighted.jpg
    antovolk wrote: »

I've taken a look at the press releases accompanying the podcast announce yesterday and the Bollinger thing today and what struck me is that instead of specifically saying November 12, they're phrasing it as "in cinemas globally from November." Feel like we may be seeing some Tenet-style staggering or gradual pushback moves if the situation gets worse.

A "Tenet"-style staggering was always the plan.

Nov 11, 12, 13 - UK, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Turkey, Australia, ...

Nov 18, 19, 20 - USA, Russia, Brazil, Japan, ...

Nov 25, 26, 27 - South Korea, India, Argentina, Columbia, ...

No chinese release date yet.

So "in cinemas globally from November" just means, that they don't want to create a new ad with the local release date for each country.

Even on each weekend there are differences as new movies get released in France on wednesdays, so it will be released there on November 11, while in Turkey it will be the friday, November 13.

Magnificent shot
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, that is a great shot.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Jan1985 wrote: »

A "Tenet"-style staggering was always the plan.

Nov 11, 12, 13 - UK, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Turkey, Australia, ...

Nov 18, 19, 20 - USA, Russia, Brazil, Japan, ...

Nov 25, 26, 27 - South Korea, India, Argentina, Columbia, ...

No chinese release date yet.

So "in cinemas globally from November" just means, that they don't want to create a new ad with the local release date for each country.

Even on each weekend there are differences as new movies get released in France on wednesdays, so it will be released there on November 11, while in Turkey it will be the friday, November 13.

Oh but what I meant is a possibility that these above November dates change (say, UK pushes to the 25th from the 12th) and some countries may slip into December or January. Just as long as some countries still remain in November.
  • mtm wrote: »

200.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2020 Posts: 10,586

Magnificent shot
    Something tells me that this film will (hopefully) be seen as the third classic film of the Craig era, after CR and SF. Although I recognize others have different favourites, I think those two entries are generally viewed as the better ones.
    jake24 wrote: »

Magnificent shot
    Something tells me that this film will (hopefully) be seen as the third classic film of the Craig era, after CR and SF. Although I recognize others have different favourites, I think those two entries are generally viewed as the better ones.

Agreed. Not my personal assessment of the "favorites" of the era but there's no question that those two reign supreme.

Magnificent shot

I’m hoping so as well! The odd-numbered trend would continue as well of the more beloved Craig entries. Of course, I love QOS myself, while SP I consider the misstep of the era. In any case I remain excited to see this and am crossing my fingers hard we get it this year.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Just received confirmation from Swatch, that the Q Swatch will be re-released on Thursday.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Just received confirmation from Swatch, that the Q Swatch will be re-released on Thursday.

That won't go down well with collectors! :)

there are slight differences to the new one I believe...

Have heard the same. They are at least allowing pre-orders this time.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Magnificent shot

Agreed. Not my personal assessment of the "favorites" of the era but there's no question that those two reign supreme.

Yeah, definitely. My own favourites are CR and QoS, but CR and SF are the ones that always show up in fans' rankings and are mentioned as Craig's "good ones".
  • I am so conflicted at this point. On the one hand, I'm dying for the movie to come out in November because, obviously, I NEED TO SEE IT. But on the other hand, I sort of don't want it to come out because I want it to succeed as much as possible; I don't want Tenet box office numbers on this one.
    I am so conflicted at this point. On the one hand, I'm dying for the movie to come out in November because, obviously, I NEED TO SEE IT. But on the other hand, I sort of don't want it to come out because I want it to succeed as much as possible; I don't want Tenet box office numbers on this one.

I feel similar. At the same time, though, I'm not sure theaters are going to survive well into 2021 without a consistent slate of blockbusters. It's a very tricky situation.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Ah that's a clever way to do it.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    I am so conflicted at this point. On the one hand, I'm dying for the movie to come out in November because, obviously, I NEED TO SEE IT. But on the other hand, I sort of don't want it to come out because I want it to succeed as much as possible; I don't want Tenet box office numbers on this one.

I feel similar. At the same time, though, I'm not sure theaters are going to survive well into 2021 without a consistent slate of blockbusters. It's a very tricky situation.

Also a very good point! They need all the help they can get at this point (which was certainly Christopher Nolan's mantra with Tenet).
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Imagine if EON had hired Fukunaga from the very beginning, the movie would have come out last year.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Imagine if EON had hired Fukunaga from the very beginning, the movie would have come out last year.

He wasn't available when they hired Boyle.