No Time to Die production thread

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    James Bond EXCLUSIVE: Ana de Armas on No Time To Die role ‘Everything there for a reason’
    https://express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1336857/James-Bond-Ana-de-Armas-No-Time-To-Die-Paloma-diamonds-Natural-Diamond-Council

Ana, who was promoting The Natural Diamond Council’s campaign, has teased what Bond fans can expect of Paloma in No Time To Die.

She told Express.co.uk: “Of course in Bond films, glamour is essential.

“But I don’t really want to define Paloma just by what she’s wearing, as a girl in the gown and high heels.

“It’s just one part of who she is.”

“She's a CIA agent from Cuba, and she's wearing this dress and these diamonds because she's on a mission and she needs to blend in, so everything is there for a reason.”

We live in a time where a Bond girl feels the need to justify why she‘s looking sexy in a Bond film.

Right? So sad.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    It is.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Léa Seydoux will not be pleased with that!
    Léa Seydoux will not be pleased with that!

She’s the best.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    James Bond EXCLUSIVE: Ana de Armas on No Time To Die role ‘Everything there for a reason’
    https://express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1336857/James-Bond-Ana-de-Armas-No-Time-To-Die-Paloma-diamonds-Natural-Diamond-Council

Ana, who was promoting The Natural Diamond Council’s campaign, has teased what Bond fans can expect of Paloma in No Time To Die.

She told Express.co.uk: “Of course in Bond films, glamour is essential.

“But I don’t really want to define Paloma just by what she’s wearing, as a girl in the gown and high heels.

“It’s just one part of who she is.”

“She's a CIA agent from Cuba, and she's wearing this dress and these diamonds because she's on a mission and she needs to blend in, so everything is there for a reason.”

We live in a time where a Bond girl feels the need to justify why she‘s looking sexy in a Bond film.

I think it is time they moved beyond just looking for eye candy for the sake of it. Personally I'd rather have interesting characters than just pretty ones: it's how it started after all- Honey Ryder wasn't an idiot in a pretty dress.
    Point is this politically correct nonsense is becoming really, really, really tiring.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Funny. I want to listen to EVERYTHING she has to say.
    Point is this politically correct nonsense is becoming really, really, really tiring.

Hear, hear.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    Univex wrote: »

Hear, hear.

Yeah, it sucks especially given the history of Bond girls, where from the very beginning we already have girls who are far more than their dress but still there are people today who try and paint the Bond series as this horrid, sexist thing that only has women there as sex toys for Bond.

However, this is not the thing that actually worries me the most about the article, its the fact that Ana says she has 'good comedic timing', and the previous interviews about the writers trying to add humor and comic to the scripts of Nomi and Paloma.

Rule of thumb for me is that if you have to state that you are something, you usually aren't that something. And this is especially true with humor. I really hope I'm completely wrong about this, but i don't like this trend of actors stating that their characters are funny, especially given PWB's previous work in a movie trying to add a funny character to a work - Solo's L337 bot was nothing but irritating and a Poe's Law screwup.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited September 2020 Posts: 1,755
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone know if there’s a thread for selling Bond merchandise/clothing?

This one?

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19214/looking-for-james-bond-merchandise-or-do-you-want-to-sell-some

Thank you!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Sony has just delayed indefinitely their animation film Connected, which was due for release on October 23rd.

Only five wide releases remain before NTTD. Four if Disney confirms the Black Widow delay.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554

Hear, hear.

Did anyone actually read what she said? I'm not sure how that turned into a PC complaint.
    TripAces wrote: »

Hear, hear.

Did anyone actually read what she said? I'm not sure how that turned into a PC complaint.

I think their point is moreso that except for a very few, Bond girls have always been far more than just a dress or an accessory, and that the fact that Ana has to defend herself just because she appears in a nice dress is saddening because the public have formed this massive misconception of bond girls being hapless morons with no agenda when clearly this has not been the case for a very long time. It's the fact that just because Ana's character dresses up nice, people immediately make the assumption that she will be a useless character because of outdated and preconceived notions of the bond franchise an what it stands for - they think her elegance/vanity is a fault because apparently to modern audiences if a woman isn't acting like a man she is weak and - ironically - doesn't have a personalty of her own.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554

Hear, hear.

I think their point is moreso that except for a very few, Bond girls have always been far more than just a dress or an accessory, and that the fact that Ana has to defend herself just because she appears in a nice dress is saddening because the public have formed this massive misconception of bond girls being hapless morons with no agenda when clearly this has not been the case for a very long time. It's the fact that just because Ana's character dresses up nice, people immediately make the assumption that she will be a useless character because of outdated and preconceived notions of the bond franchise an what it stands for - they think her elegance/vanity is a fault because apparently to modern audiences if a woman isn't acting like a man she is weak and - ironically - doesn't have a personalty of her own.

She's not defending herself. She's not responding to a misconception. She's merely teasing out info that with her character looks are deceiving.

Hear, hear.

She's not defending herself. She's not responding to a misconception. She's merely teasing out info that with her character looks are deceiving.

Ah, maybe it's just the way it's written - idk I get a little bit of a defensive/reasoning vibe from it lmao
    Yes, nonetheless the general attitude seems to be on par with what we feel the text conveys. Don't get me wrong, I love her, she's the best, and the most underused brilliant casting in the history of recent Bond films. It's a crime they didn't use her more, as she is a talented actress and a true beauty. The discussion was really sparked by the text and it's not about her comments per se. Gemma's a cool cat, she knows what and what not to say. Besides, that filming must've been hell for her, with the oil and all :) And she could've been better written. Hell, everything in that film could've have been better written (and I like QOS).
    Agreed!
    A superb poster, @mtm.
    It looks like Primo will have an intraocular camera implanted on his left eye. That idea was envisioned back in 2014 for Hinx, but then it was scrapped.

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-Portrait-0009-1-Optimised-1296x1920-blk-wht-TT-NTTD-DALI.png
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It looks like Primo will have an intraocular camera implanted on his left eye. That idea was envisioned back in 2014 for Hinx, but then it was scrapped.

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-Portrait-0009-1-Optimised-1296x1920-blk-wht-TT-NTTD-DALI.png

I actually never realised how large his left eye is in comparison with his right until now!

I actually never realised how large his left eye is in comparison with his right until now!

Yeah maybe he will hurt his eye during his first encounter with Bond in Matera when he was still a SPECTRE agent...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Well done. I have seen the eye, and what it can do.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Well done. I have seen the eye, and what it can do.

Interesting. Wonder if it will be some sort of bionic enhancement a la the Solid Eye from MGS4, or maybe a VR item that can throw up battle information whenever he needs it.
  • But..where is waldo?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nice work :)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Is it safe to assume that the November release is solid at this point? It just seems to me that if they were going to delay it, we'd know by now, considering we're just under a couple months away? Unless something drastic happens in the next month?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume that the November release is solid at this point? It just seems to me that if they were going to delay it, we'd know by now, considering we're just under a couple months away? Unless something drastic happens in the next month?

It only depends on the state of movie theatres in November at this point.
    Denbigh wrote: »

I hope but at this rate I am terrified that we may never see the film
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    AMC signing a deal with Universal to shrink the theatrical release window down to 17 days is interesting and I do wonder if that will affect NTTD.