No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• I don't think there will be a usual promotion period this time out.
    So, 15 days until 90 days before NTTD comes out. 90 days is usually the period before the movie comes out that promotional material starts ramping up, and we ay get a new trailer if that's the case.

What are you guys here excited to see more of in the upcoming promotional period?

Bond does not need 90 days.
    1,5 months (early October) is early enough for NTTD to build up a new hype until mid-November.
    No company in these times would start a campaign 90 days before the release date. Because no one knows what will be in 90 days.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think to avoid our excitement bubbles bursting again, we should tread softly with the present excitement of TENET's positive News that may pave way for NTTD's release in November. I think the best thing to do is, tell the mind it's Mid-2021, so if it's still November, it becomes all the more exciting.
    I don't envy American Bond fans if NTTD is staggered with Europe first, you're all going to have to avoid the internet until it comes out in the US!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    What are you guys here excited to see more of in the upcoming promotional period?

Product promotion will be welcome. Tie -in s for on screen product placement.

Also, would a new trailer feature some sliver of Zimmer's score.

• Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    matt_u wrote: »
    pattabra wrote: »
    99% chance the movie's final moment is a strong hint that Bond might still be alive after all followed by a cut to the "James Bond Will Return" card. Calling it now.
    as we ve already seen in previous movie?

i dont know , this time it might be something different, because it s last craig movie...

Fukunaga already confirmed that the film will end with the JB will return card.
    Would anyone be able to link this. I can't find confirmation anywhere.

Agent_47 wrote: »
    99% chance the movie's final moment is a strong hint that Bond might still be alive after all followed by a cut to the "James Bond Will Return" card. Calling it now.

i dont know , this time it might be something different, because it s last craig movie...

If memory serves I believe Fukanaga stated this in a recent issue of Total Film magazine which had NTTD as the cover story. I’m not sure if the interview is available online.
    The rumour of Eon selling the franchise can't be true then, and James Bond can't be dying at the end of NTTD as previously rumoured.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Agent_47 wrote: »

@Agent_47 Screenshot from Empire Magazine, Issue August 2020

xB98nxJ.jpg

JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN................................

In time for the series 100th anniversary.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »
    As of today, July 24th:

No new movies releasing in July.
    Unhinged was indefinitely delayed a few days ago.

Two movies still have wide theatrical releases in August:
    The horror film Antebellum on the 21st.
    The New Mutants on the 28th.

Two movies still have wide theatrical releases in September:
    The Liam Neeson action/thriller Honest Thief on the 4th.
    The King's Man on the 18th.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Mulan is the only being considered for streaming apparently.

I heard, that Disney considers "Soul" (the New Pixar movie) for streaming, but not Mulan.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    My only hope is once they inevitably delay the movie again, they release something. Whether it’s a new trailer, an actual clip from the movie, or a soundtrack sample, anything would be nice. The wait for this movie has been absolutely horrid.

This is the NTTD spoiler thread.

This is the wrong thread for release date content and content pertaining to upcoming movies.

Please relocate your discussion to the dedicated release date thread post about release dates, and the dedicated threads available for upcoming movies.

Actually, it isn't. This is a Production thread, not a "Spoiler" thread. So anything related to the development and distribution of NTTD is fair game.

This is correct. While the releases of other films from other studios are only really relevant indirectly, most of the other things posts are perfectly, directly relevant to the thread as titled.

If the topic isn't to your interest, feel free to simply scroll by and talk about something you do find interesting. It's not difficult and it ultimately requires far less energy than attempting to be a moderator. We have moderators for that.

The thread for the release of the movie is right here:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18761/no-time-to-die-at-the-box-office-in-2020#latest

Much more on-topic. Production here refers to the BTS footage, script leaks and other spoilers. This is why there is a whole other thread on when NTTD will release.

Actually, that thread was initially set up to discuss the box office prospects of NTTD. Like this thread, it morphed into discussions of release dates.

This thread supercedes the other in terms of discussions surrounding the production, distribution, and eventual release of NTTD. The other thread is specifically tailored to box office performance and competition.

This isn't actually the production thread, there is another thread for that that was started way before this one - this one was set up to include minor spoilers in relation to the production.

Correct. But the description of the thread, at the outset was the same.
    As of today, July 24th:

No new movies releasing in July.
    Unhinged was indefinitely delayed a few days ago.

Two movies still have wide theatrical releases in August:
    The horror film Antebellum on the 21st.
    The New Mutants on the 28th.

Two movies still have wide theatrical releases in September:
    The Liam Neeson action/thriller Honest Thief on the 4th.
    The King's Man on the 18th.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Mulan is the only being considered for streaming apparently.

I heard, that Disney considers "Soul" (the New Pixar movie) for streaming, but not Mulan.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    My only hope is once they inevitably delay the movie again, they release something. Whether it’s a new trailer, an actual clip from the movie, or a soundtrack sample, anything would be nice. The wait for this movie has been absolutely horrid.

This is the NTTD spoiler thread.

This is the wrong thread for release date content and content pertaining to upcoming movies.

Please relocate your discussion to the dedicated release date thread post about release dates, and the dedicated threads available for upcoming movies.

Actually, it isn't. This is a Production thread, not a "Spoiler" thread. So anything related to the development and distribution of NTTD is fair game.

This is correct. While the releases of other films from other studios are only really relevant indirectly, most of the other things posts are perfectly, directly relevant to the thread as titled.

If the topic isn't to your interest, feel free to simply scroll by and talk about something you do find interesting. It's not difficult and it ultimately requires far less energy than attempting to be a moderator. We have moderators for that.

The thread for the release of the movie is right here:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18761/no-time-to-die-at-the-box-office-in-2020#latest

Much more on-topic. Production here refers to the BTS footage, script leaks and other spoilers. This is why there is a whole other thread on when NTTD will release.

Actually, that thread was initially set up to discuss the box office prospects of NTTD. Like this thread, it morphed into discussions of release dates.

This thread supercedes the other in terms of discussions surrounding the production, distribution, and eventual release of NTTD. The other thread is specifically tailored to box office performance and competition.

This isn't actually the production thread, there is another thread for that that was started way before this one - this one was set up to include minor spoilers in relation to the production.

Correct. But the description of the thread, at the outset was the same.

Yes with the addition of 'minor spoilers' hence 2 production threads.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Well if it does come out next year, I'll actually be 25 for the 25th film :)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So with the news of Tenet still being released internationally, does that give anyone hope that NTTD will follow suit?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Any interesting bits of information from the sound department for No Time To Die?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Well if it does come out next year, I'll actually be 25 for the 25th film :)

Same :)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Any interesting bits of information from the sound department for No Time To Die?

No mention of NTTD.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    For those interested, here are all the BECTU/Rough Assembly events featuring NTTD production crew. For those in the UK looking for a mentor, they are all apart of the mentoring program.

Diversity in the UK Post Sound Industry
    Featuring Jo Jackson (Assistant Sound Editor) / Adele Fletcher (Dialogue Editor)

Dialogue & ADR Editing for TV and Film
    Featuring Becki Ponting (Supervising Dialogue and ADR Editor)

A Conversation with Picture & Sound Assistants
    Featuring Jo Jackson (Assistant Sound Editor)

The ADR Team Behind Netflix’s "Dark Crystal”
    Featuring Jo Jackson (Assistant Sound Editor) / Adele Fletcher (Dialogue Editor)

I've watched them all, and no real NTTD mention, not by name anyway. By far, the 'Dialogue & ADR Editing for TV and Film' was the most fascinating and insightful into the sound department, and the relationship between cast and crew.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Thanks @Red_Snow
    Always here to ask about things already been discussed...;) Cary Fukunaga once posted a story on IG during the scoring session of NTTD. Has someone saved it? I had, but can't remember where (I've recently changed my computer).
    Many thanks!
    So, how does everyone feel about the chances of NTTD releasing this year? I’ve just been waiting on another delay announcement, which very well might happen still, but I figure they might be waiting to see how Tenet does first before making any moves. That is, assuming Tenet does end up managing to be the first big film to release during the pandemic, as planned.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    FoxRox wrote: »
    So, how does everyone feel about the chances of NTTD releasing this year? I’ve just been waiting on another delay announcement, which very well might happen still, but I figure they might be waiting to see how Tenet does first before making any moves. That is, assuming Tenet does end up managing to be the first big film to release during the pandemic, as planned.

At the moment nothing is certain, let's wait and see how Tenet performs, we will see an announcement or something from EON within a week or two after it's release.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I feel like marketing would probably have to start back up soon.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Contraband wrote: »

I can't see Babs making this request of Ana. It sounds like tabloid stuff. Besides, Affleck's attendance would have little to no impact on the event.