No Time to Die production thread

Comments

TENET DELAYED INDEFINITELY.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tenet-delayed-again-christopher-nolan-1234699068

Edit: Conjuring 3 delayed from September 2020 to June 2021.

"Nolan and Warner executives discussed releasing the film internationally ahead of the North American rollout"

https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/is-tenet-coming-out-this-summer.html
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Zekidk wrote: »

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tenet-delayed-again-christopher-nolan-1234699068

"Nolan and Warner executives discussed releasing the film internationally ahead of the North American rollout"

From Variety: One source in close contact with the studios tells Variety that if Warner Bros. and Disney were facing a scenario in which Europe and Asia open first with “Tenet” and “Mulan” followed by the U.S. a couple of weeks later, “they’d do it every day of the week.” “The problem is they don’t know when the U.S. market is going to open up, and they’re not comfortable going longer than two weeks due to piracy.”

As per this tweet:

Likelihood of Tenet being able to release early September in the US: low.

So does this mean that Tenet cannot release internationally as long as a domestic release is not possible within a 2 weeks gap? Because that is what I am understanding from that Variety article.

Unless what seemed impossible happens, and Tenet goes straight to VOD in the USA, which would pave the way for NTTD/Black Widow/Wonder Woman/Top Gun to do the same.
    If there is any feasible way to still get NTTD this year, I’d be very happy. That includes VOD. But I won’t hold my breath.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469
    Contraband wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    And with Primo...

Maybe this is where the big cloning rumor comes from.

What did you mean by this exactly?

Yeah, me wanna know too?
    Haven't heard a thing about Primo clones

Ah, it's just a silly theory. But if he is killed in Matera or something and reappears it would be a twist of sorts.

(Although I had a rescrub through the available footage and it appears that he survives the tie choke.)

It's nothing, really. Just silly conjecture.

Though Primo is seen in the building that gets blown up in the trailer. You can just make out his haircut has he escapes the explosion. So at the very least, we know that whatever happens at that lab, and the abduction of Valdo could be related to him over Safin.

lcREOC5.jpg
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Zekidk wrote: »

From Variety: One source in close contact with the studios tells Variety that if Warner Bros. and Disney were facing a scenario in which Europe and Asia open first with “Tenet” and “Mulan” followed by the U.S. a couple of weeks later, “they’d do it every day of the week.” “The problem is they don’t know when the U.S. market is going to open up, and they’re not comfortable going longer than two weeks due to piracy.”

As per this tweet:

Likelihood of Tenet being able to release early September in the US: low.

So does this mean that Tenet cannot release internationally as long as a domestic release is not possible within a 2 weeks gap? Because that is what I am understanding from that Variety article.

Unless what seemed impossible happens, and Tenet goes straight to VOD in the USA, which would pave the way for NTTD/Black Widow/Wonder Woman/Top Gun to do the same.

Please, keep Tenet, other movies, NTTD release, Corona, VOD, etc, away from this thread. You (and the rest) already have an entire thread dedicated for just that.

In here we debate the production, minor plot details, BTS stills/footage etc.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Contraband wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    And with Primo...

Maybe this is where the big cloning rumor comes from.

What did you mean by this exactly?

Yeah, me wanna know too?
    Haven't heard a thing about Primo clones

Ah, it's just a silly theory. But if he is killed in Matera or something and reappears it would be a twist of sorts.

(Although I had a rescrub through the available footage and it appears that he survives the tie choke.)

It's nothing, really. Just silly conjecture.

Though Primo is seen in the building that gets blown up in the trailer. You can just make out his haircut has he escapes the explosion. So at the very least, we know that whatever happens at that lab, and the abduction of Valdo could be related to him over Safin.

lcREOC5.jpg

@phantomvices I see. Yeah, that's Primo in the London lab looking for Waldo. So it safe to say he survives Matera. And he's also present at the Havana Spectre event. Wonder if he's making more trouble on other locations?
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    I'm still wondering if NTTD will end up being the 60th anniversary movie.
    Agent_One wrote: »

Damn it. Could be. My friends call it the doomed movie of the decade. Might as well make a celebration out of it ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    "Doomed of the decade". Now that's a great title for a movie if it release in this decade.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Univex wrote: »
    Agent_One wrote: »

Damn it. Could be. My friends call it the doomed movie of the decade. Might as well make a celebration out of it ;)

Yeah, the problem with a 2022 release is, the score would be the only thing that would remain unspoilt. If things were normal and the film came out at the expected date, we might not have learnt about Bond's potential fatherhood. Even with the now expected Mid-2021 release date, there's still a lingering worry that more plot details might emerge.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited July 2020 Posts: 8,034
    To add to the Primo speculation; after thinking on other things that other people have said as well as my own previous thoughts....
    I think he is definitely a legitimate Spectre operative when the film starts and he has been sent to kill Bond and Swann by the organisation's board in revenge for Blofeld's imprisonment. He survives that, and we next see him in London, during the skyscraper incursion involving the kidnapped scientist. We still believe he's Spectre at this point....

Cue Bond in Jamaica, Felix's arrival and asking for help, leading to Bond at the Spectre party. Primo is there, but it turns out that since we've seen him last, he has switched to Safin's team and is going to take Dencik's scientist from his former employers; the gas that engulfs the party is overseen by him under Safin's orders.

How long he survives after this, I'm not sure. Perhaps Bond, Paloma or Nomi take care of him between the party and the explosion on the boat. Maybe even Ash disposes of him once he's outlived his contract.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that he's more involved than we might think...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343
    To add to the Primo speculation; after thinking on other things that other people have said as well as my own previous thoughts....
    I think he is definitely a legitimate Spectre operative when the film starts and he has been sent to kill Bond and Swann by the organisation's board in revenge for Blofeld's imprisonment. He survives that, and we next see him in London, during the skyscraper incursion involving the kidnapped scientist. We still believe he's Spectre at this point....

Cue Bond in Jamaica, Felix's arrival and asking for help, leading to Bond at the Spectre party. Primo is there, but it turns out that since we've seen him last, he has switched to Safin's team and is going to take Dencik's scientist from his former employers; the gas that engulfs the party is overseen by him under Safin's orders.

How long he survives after this, I'm not sure. Perhaps Bond, Paloma or Nomi take care of him between the party and the explosion on the boat. Maybe even Ash disposes of him once he's outlived his contract.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that he's more involved than we might think...

Yes, exactly my same thoughts. I’d add that
    yeah he’s not gonna survive Cuba and his death could be a consequence of Felix’s death, if Bond he’s the one who kills him. Regarding Felix, are we sure he’s gonna die in the boat scene after the party? Maybe he survives but loses his leg and arm as in the books/LTK.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    +1 @CraigMooreOHMSS . I'm also wondering about...
    Paloma's fate. At first I thought they wouldn't kill her, but I don't actually know. I know that "leaked plot" said that she did. And if she does, I'm wondering if it's at the party, on the boat, or inbetween?
    @matt_u, hadn't thought of that regarding Felix. That would be a nice touch. We're not sure, no....we're just going by a very quick couple of frames from a TV spot.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Paloma's fate. At first I thought they wouldn't kill her, but I don't actually know. I know that "leaked plot" said that she did.
    It would be nice if she survived, even if she didn't feature in the film again. Though, I think she likely will be a sacrificial lamb, unfortunately.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    @matt_u, hadn't thought of that regarding Felix. That would be a nice touch. We're not sure, no....we're just going by a very quick couple of frames from a TV spot.
    Paloma's fate. At first I thought they wouldn't kill her, but I don't actually know. I know that "leaked plot" said that she did.
    It would be nice if she survived, even if she didn't feature in the film again. Though, I think she likely will be a sacrificial lamb, unfortunately.
    Definitely. I mean I personally would've probably paid to have her be a villain instead of Ash as much as I'm looking forward to Magnussen's performance as this character, whatever happens. But if they're gonna do the sacrificial lamb thing, it really depends on how they do it. I also think it'll be a cop out if they kill her and not Felix, but then maybe if both of them die, it'll add more stakes and weight to the narrative.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I think Paloma will survive. I don’t see women dying in this one. :P
    matt_u wrote: »
    I think Paloma will survive. I don’t see women dying in this one. :P
    Ana even specifically stated that Paloma would not die, in one interview.
    Good to know, didn't see that interview.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Good to know, didn't see that interview.
    Yeah I'd be interested to see that one.
    Definitely. I mean I personally would've probably paid to have her be a villain instead of Ash as much as I'm looking forward to Magnussen's performance as this character, whatever happens. But if they're gonna do the sacrificial lamb thing, it really depends on how they do it. I also think it'll be a cop out if they kill her and not Felix, but then maybe if both of them die, it'll add more stakes and weight to the narrative.

Regarding Paloma:
    Ana has stated that she wIll not die in NTTD. Can't find the interview, but I distinctly remember it. If someone can find the interview or the artcle, that would be wonderful.

We know, from one trailer that Felix does get injured.

unknown.png

He has a sizeable wound on his chest/abdomen, and the explosion likely won't do him any favors. I'm theorizing that Felix either gets dusted or injured in such a way he can no longer do any field work, such as losing a limb. Felix could be another one of Bond's 'family that are in great danger'.
    I wonder if we got the film fall 2019 what would we be talking about would we be afraid about if there will ever be a bond film again or?
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited July 2020 Posts: 280
    I sincerely hope they don't kill off Felix, but unfortunately it seems like NTTD is in need of a sacrificial lamb, and he's the prime candidate.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I wonder if we got the film fall 2019 what would we be talking about would we be afraid about if there will ever be a bond film again or?

Surely Boyle's film wouldn't have been that bad? :D
    Mallory wrote: »

from what i heard it was... I heard a rumor that Boyle's film ended with Bond writing fictionalized versions of his life ala Fleming but I cant confirm that... of course if that was in Boyle's idea I am glad NONE of it wound up in No time to die.

of course I meant of Cary's film was released in 2019 what would we be talking about
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

from what i heard it was... I heard a rumor that Boyle's film ended with Bond writing fictionalized versions of his life ala Fleming but I cant confirm that...

That wasn t a rumour, just me kidding about Bond settling down at Goldeneye to do just that.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

from what i heard it was... I heard a rumor that Boyle's film ended with Bond writing fictionalized versions of his life ala Fleming but I cant confirm that... of course if that was in Boyle's idea I am glad NONE of it wound up in No time to die.

of course I meant of Cary's film was released in 2019 what would we be talking about

I know you did, I'm just pullin' your leg :P
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

No.

oqiOJVP.gif

;)
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469
    Another thing from the trailer:

Primo enters the lab to blow things up and kidnap Valdo but is seen to be accompanied by 2 other people. Any guesses on theories on who these people could be?

tY1vrSf.png

Seems that the trailer is putting some effort into hiding it, too. When they are all in shot, they are too dark to be identified, and during the explosion where Primo walks into the lift I think that the actual scene would show a bit before what we have seen so far, of the other people walking into the elevator.

Unfortunately, due to the heavy tactical gear worn by them, it is impossible to determine the build, or any other characteristics of the people with Primo.

Any guesses?
    Just generic goons, I'd imagine.

Regarding Paloma:
    Ana has stated that she wIll not die in NTTD. Can't find the interview, but I distinctly remember it. If someone can find the interview or the artcle, that would be wonderful.

We know, from one trailer that Felix does get injured.

unknown.png

He has a sizeable wound on his chest/abdomen, and the explosion likely won't do him any favors. I'm theorizing that Felix either gets dusted or injured in such a way he can no longer do any field work, such as losing a limb. Felix could be another one of Bond's 'family that are in great danger'.

It would make sense for them to use some of LALD.