No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469
    @Contraband more HQ shots of the landcruiser scene, two of the clearest shots I could find. Unlike the previous, I have not edited these at all and thus they need some brightening to fully see the woman in the backseat. It really does appear as if she is holding something or someone down in the seat next to her, although I can't see what it may be as Bond has completely blocked it off.

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

Funny story regardiing the previous screenshot, I was scrolling through Twitter earlier and found the exact same ss I made of Madeleine on one of the NTTD production twitters I followed, which was pretty surreal. I guess either someone on here also runs one of the production twitters or we have lurkers :)) I don't really mind at all, just found it pretty cool to see my screencap posted.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    FoxRox wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

Very sad, but very expected. At this rate who knows if we’ll even get it next year, either. It is going to be hard to keep excitement going for so long, and also more likely more of the film will leak before release. Just an unfortunate situation in every way for an exceptionally plagued production.

The level of excitement will still be there. NTTD is just one of the many movies that are being postponed. And if the film leaks, it's up to you to watch it or not. It won't affect it's BO result in any way. (Example: CR - DC was even offered a bootleg dvd of it when he was in China).

Jan1985 wrote: »
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

June/July 2021 the biggest european football tournament (UEFA EURO 2021) will take place. People will watch EVERY match during that time. No way a studio releases a big movie during that period. It would destroy the european box office completely.
    Same with years when the FIFA World Cup takes place.

The Euro finishes on July 11th. Why can't NTTD be released after? The last weekend of July saw the release of the 5th and 6th Mission Impossible films, and the 4th Jason Bourne film. Atomic Blonde also came out on that weekend in 2017. It seems like a perfect date to re-release a major spy/action blockbuster.

After the EURO the Olympic Games start.
    Concerning the movies you name: they were not as big in Europe as in the US.

In Germany Skyfall and Spectre both had more than 7 million admissions.
    Mission Impossible only had 1 million.
    No movie ever sold 7 million tickets in Hermsny during summer.
    In Europe in general the summer is not cinema time, in contradiction to the US.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

June/July 2021 the biggest european football tournament (UEFA EURO 2021) will take place. People will watch EVERY match during that time. No way a studio releases a big movie during that period. It would destroy the european box office completely.

The Euro finishes on July 11th. Why can't NTTD be released after? The last weekend of July saw the release of the 5th and 6th Mission Impossible films, and the 4th Jason Bourne film. Atomic Blonde also came out on that weekend in 2017. It seems like a perfect date to re-release a major spy/action blockbuster.

The 2021 Olympics are at risk of being cancelled altogether. The Japanese Prime Minister himself has admitted this a few months ago.

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Really glad they're not considering a VOD release. It just wouldn't feel right. Particularly for a Bond film.

Very sad, but very expected. At this rate who knows if we’ll even get it next year, either. It is going to be hard to keep excitement going for so long, and also more likely more of the film will leak before release. Just an unfortunate situation in every way for an exceptionally plagued production.

I wouldn't be worried about the excitement level being ruined for NTTD. If the film keeps getting delayed, so will all other big budget films. Once NTTD finally opens, it may very well be one of the first major releases we get to see in over a year. The excitement will be sky high knowing we aren't just getting a new Bond film, but a new big blockbuster altogether in god-knows how long.

This is what we must keep in mind : the pandemic is affecting the whole cinema industry, not only NTTD. It will be released when it will be released, but it's Bond 26 we must worry about and indeed any production that will be post COVID-19.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Contraband wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    @ertert It's actually more to it in the woods. SPOILER!!! Don't click if you/forum members wanna stay away from the plot!!

Safin gives orders to Ash in one of the Defenders chasing after Bond/Swann/Matilde, and the foot chase leads to this:

Bond and Matilde - but not Swann - hiding in the foggy forrest

Call sheet:
    e9OdHby.jpg

Wow! Now that’s very interesting. I guess it would make the foot chase through the woods a bit more terrifying if
    a child is involved.

But what happens to Madeline then?

@DonnyDB5 That's a mystery. Maybe kidnapped by Safin?

ANOTHER PLOT SPOILER:
    She must be alive because in one of the final scenes is with her and Matilde driving the Vantage V8 in Matera of all places again (which would indicate that Bond dies in the woods/somewhere else). Why else would she and the girl be alone?
    Call sheet:
    dV8S4Rw.jpg

The wood scenes take place before the final showdown at Safin’s island so if
    Bond indeed dies it will happen at the lair.

Bond and Nomi team up for a rescue mission after the forest chase (with the moving Q Lab in the airplane giving them support) and after a briefing at the airport (where they will show us the Valhalla) the two fly with that weird plane/submarine vehicle to Safin’s base in the far Eastern Russia where Swann and Mathilde are taken prisoners. As you well know there are even pictures shot in Maratea where we can see Nomi helping the two escaping by the volcanic rocky shores right after the final showdown so it’s pretty much confirmed that Nomi goes to rescue them while Bond goes for Safin. There’s also an interview with the stunt double for Mathilde where she says that in that scene she’s in Swann’s arms and it was said to her to “look down to the ground”. Perhaps she’s looking to Bond’s body? So this is after the forest chase but it’s gonna be interesting also what happens before. I’m 100% sure Mathilde is Swann’s daughter and she’s living in the Swann cabin by the lake previously seen in the prologue. Swann goes there but finds Safin (scene where he gives her the No mask) then Bond arrives with the V8 and then somehow the chase starts with Swann’s Land Cruiser. Perhaps this is the scene where Bonds find out that Mathilde is his daughter. This match the notion that Swann’s secret would be “the death” of Bond, since he’d do everything to save his own daughter from Safin.

EDIT

So glad to hear that... even if it takes waiting really a lot (from the MI6 article): “Unlike a lot of other studio pictures, there is no ticking clock on debts, and therefore, no rush to release a film in a less than optimal marketplace. The film is also locked and not open to tweaking, re-edits, or re-shoots. It is a finished product sitting on a shelf waiting for release. Any speculation to the contrary is false.”

Again with the comparisons.

Nothing indicates that they will release NTTD in the summer. It will be postponed again, yes, but...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @Contraband more HQ shots of the landcruiser scene, two of the clearest shots I could find. Unlike the previous, I have not edited these at all and thus they need some brightening to fully see the woman in the backseat. It really does appear as if she is holding something or someone down in the seat next to her, although I can't see what it may be as Bond has completely blocked it off.

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

Funny story regardiing the previous screenshot, I was scrolling through Twitter earlier and found the exact same ss I made of Madeleine on one of the NTTD production twitters I followed, which was pretty surreal. I guess either someone on here also runs one of the production twitters or we have lurkers :)) I don't really mind at all, just found it pretty cool to see my screencap posted.

@phantomvices It's the first one that I have seen for ages, and couldn't figured out who it was. Then you came along with nr 2 and voila: It's Swann. And your and many others in here are right about Swann holding something or more like someone down, shielding from danger. In other words: Mat...
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,270

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

Looks like Madeline is wearing the same jacket as this one in those shots:

71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

Edit: Re. the doll in the backseat; didn't see it before just now, but if you zoom in a bit and look just above the head of the stand-in actress:

nVdh135.png
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Again with the comparisons.

Nothing indicates that they will release NTTD in the summer. It will be postponed again, yes, but...

I was replying to the MI6 article, where they assumed, that NTTD will be moved to June 11th 2021.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

Edit: Re. the doll in the backseat; didn't see it before just now, but if you zoom in a bit and look just above the head of the stand-in actress:

nVdh135.png

Yep good catch. Safin is at Swann‘s cabin with Madeleine and Mathilde. This is where he gives her the mask. Then Bond arrives, learns about his daughter, the V8 is destroyed and the Bond family somehow escape with the Toyota as the chase begins. Sounds cool.

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

nVdh135.png

8nfky1C.png

Gave the picture a quick and dirty brightening, and the object on the back looks like blond hair.

In another shot of the same set, you can just make out someone in the back seat, child sized. If you defocus your vision is just about looks like a kid with long-ish hair (or at the very least, a dummy - don't think they would leave a live kid in the car alone):

vn6rDl7.png

For reference, look at the back seat of an empty Land Cruiser:
    1998_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Colorado_GXTD_3.0.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,437
    Middle option can be to release the movie where it can in December and play it for 4 months and take more time till for wide BD release in August 2021.

On this moment only the same three days before the delay stands op cinema website with the in my eyes very frustated 3D/4D options and both two 2D options are sold out. Earlier in tv comment there say there say there try everrthing to give movie cardblanch (in my opnion that mean all 6 screens showing the movie in 2D.) and there happy if the movie be released in December. 196 minutes (include 15 minutes to check in, 18 minutes of cinema comercials) is not easy to shudule, but more earlier evening opnions have been nice. More 18.30 - 19.30. 19.30 mean people walkout around 22.45-22.50.

There should not vergot that both SF and Spectre ger 2 millions views and that moost people like to see NTTD. On this moment earlier December, January and February movies play in the cinema whyle some of them released 3-4 weaks a go on BD & DVD (My Spy, 1917) and last weak there starting with in first look like canceld movies like Scoody Doo. Pirates Down the Street (kids movie) only did 225.000 with 126 screens. Second weak i don't see on boxoffice site, but of cinema's are now open for a 5-6 weaks (with last two weaks the weather is les) and searching for movies to show, you only can buy tickets online and get people to cinema. Promotion already be difficult and now even more and next weak the weather will be better.
    It is going to be hard to keep excitement going for so long, and also more likely more of the film will leak before release.
    Very true. Fortunately MI6-HQ is more often wrong than not these days, so this article is likely incorrect.
    But why the older model Land Cruiser? :-?

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

nVdh135.png

8nfky1C.png

Gave the picture a quick and dirty brightening, and the object on the back looks like blond hair.

In another shot of the same set, you can just make out someone in the back seat, child sized. If you defocus your vision is just about looks like a kid with long-ish hair (or at the very least, a dummy - don't think they would leave a live kid in the car alone):

vn6rDl7.png

For reference, look at the back seat of an empty Land Cruiser:
    1998_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Colorado_GXTD_3.0.jpg

Yes, the doll (which it is, according to the article the image is taken from), looks to be blonde. Just adds to what we've learned about the plot so far.

Her fiancé likes older models better as well.
    matt_u wrote: »

Her fiancé likes older models better as well.

Ah. Well, maybe she collects oldtimers? ;)

Bond & Swann Classic Car Company... ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The_Return wrote: »
    Very true. Fortunately MI6-HQ is more often wrong than not these days, so this article is likely incorrect.

How cute, @The_Return. Why don't you educate us then in your infinite wisdom? After all, you're that person who builds a case on "Barbara Broccoli is soooooo in love with Daniel Craig."

Also, if people are losing excitement, then so be it. No-one wanted this epidemic, least of all the filmmakers. But they won't release a film when cinemas only draw 5 or 10% of their usual attendances. Furthermore, a film that no-one's seen yet can easily be shelved for many years and still remain fresh. If SF were released today, it'd still blow our minds away.

This isn't the studio's fault and suggesting they are being punished this way for their delays over the past years is as moronic as Jesus people saying the virus was released on us by a punishing god.

If you'd only been here a few weeks sooner, you and former member @PanchitoPistoles could've hung out together. Your attacks on EON, Barbara Broccoli and this website are remarkably similar.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

How cute, @The_Return. Why don't you educate us then in your infinite wisdom? After all, you're that person who builds a case on "Barbara Broccoli is soooooo in love with Daniel Craig."

Also, if people are losing excitement, then so be it. No-one wanted this epidemic, least of all the filmmakers. But they won't release a film when cinemas only draw 5 or 10% of their usual attendances. Furthermore, a film that no-one's seen yet can easily be shelved for many years and still remain fresh. If SF were released today, it'd still blow our minds away.

This isn't the studio's fault and suggesting they are being punished this way for their delays over the past years is as moronic as Jesus people saying the virus was released on us by a punishing god.

If you'd only been here a few weeks sooner, you and former member @PanchitoPistoles could've hung out together. Your attacks on EON, Barbara Broccoli and this website are remarkably similar.

Sometimes they come back...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Surely @PanchitoPistoles wouldn't do that? His ego couldn't take it. Crawling back to a very place that flogged his membership to death after his maniacal refusal to stop all those angry tirades, which were his only contributions here? That would be low, even by his standards. ;-)
    @DarthDimi I don't consider my belief that Barbara Broccoli is in love with Daniel Craig an attack on Barbara Broccoli, since I don't think it is a bad thing at all. I just believe it perfectly explains many things that have happened behind the scenes since 2005.

Surely @PanchitoPistoles wouldn't do that? His ego couldn't take it. Crawling back to a very place that flogged his membership to death after his maniacal refusal to stop all those angry tirades, which were his only contributions here? That would be low, even by his standards. ;-)

IF he did it... ;-)
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 4,400

@The_Return has about as much subtlety as an earthquake.....He may as well call himself 'Panchito 2: This Time it's Personal.' A soon to be masterpiece directed by the great Danny Boyle........😬

giphy.gif

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

nVdh135.png

I'm curious about where Bond and Madeleine have been. I know there was a story from Mark Tildesley that they return to Madeleine's chalet. I even think there was a set photo of a rebuild cabin in Scotland. Right @Contraband ?

In which case, is this scene set in Madeleine's old home? Perhaps Bond getting the head's up that Safin is on to him. Maybe Bond steals that ugly duster coat from Mr White's wardrobe. The wood paneling seems to match with the Empire photo.

8kzdxttl.jpg

Wasn't there also a rumour that Madeleine's mother appeared in the film?!? We have heard no casting news. Do we think they'll try and sneak in a cameo from an older French actress or something?
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 97
    I didn't read that article that popped up recently about possible reshoots. The consensus is that it is nonsense, rigth?

@The_Return has about as much subtlety as an earthquake.....He may as well call himself 'Panchito 2: This Time it's Personal.' A soon to be masterpiece directed by the great Danny Boyle........😬

giphy.gif

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

nVdh135.png

I'm curious about where Bond and Madeleine have been. I know there was a story from Mark Tildesley that they return to Madeleine's chalet. I even think there was a set photo of a rebuild cabin in Scotland. Right @Contraband ?

In which case, is this scene set in Madeleine's old home? Perhaps Bond getting the head's up that Safin is on to him. Maybe Bond steals that ugly duster coat from Mr White's wardrobe. The wood paneling seems to match with the Empire photo.

8kzdxttl.jpg

Wasn't there also a rumour that Madeleine's mother appeared in the film?!? We have heard no casting news. Do we think they'll try and sneak in a cameo from an older French actress or something?

I haven't head of anything of the sort. I only know Madeleine, at the very least, bunkers down in some sort of cathedral and finds Safin's Noh mask from her childhood.

unknown.png

The whole Madeleine's mother theory is nothing more than theory at the moment, sparked from the one shot from one of the commercial trailers.

mask_2.png

We believe this shot is part of the PTS, hence it cannot be Madeleine as she would be too young to look like this, as well as being dressed differently. Being that she is blonde, we believe she is the mother of Madeleine.
    I didn't read that article that popped up recently about possible reshoots. The consensus is that it is nonsense, rigth?

Corrrect
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Ludovico wrote: »

I wouldn't be worried about the excitement level being ruined for NTTD. If the film keeps getting delayed, so will all other big budget films. Once NTTD finally opens, it may very well be one of the first major releases we get to see in over a year. The excitement will be sky high knowing we aren't just getting a new Bond film, but a new big blockbuster altogether in god-knows how long.

This is what we must keep in mind : the pandemic is affecting the whole cinema industry, not only NTTD. It will be released when it will be released, but it's Bond 26 we must worry about and indeed any production that will be post COVID-19.

There is nothing we fans can do about it. I was disappointed by the delay in March and I would be disappointed if it happened again. But it's all understandable. For the past four months, nothing in my life has been normal: I have not been to a bar to hang out with friends; my wife and I have not been out to dinner together; I have not spoken face-to-face with work colleagues and all of my work is being done from home; my kids likely won't be going back to school next month and will be doing their lessons online.

Indeed, it's "strange days."

I can only miss NTTD if it is released and I can't see it. That's not the case. All of us are in the same boat, and there's some odd comfort in that.

In the meantime, I have 24 Bond films (and even NSNA) on disc or digital, ready for viewing, at any time. I still have nine original Fleming Bond novels left to be read. I have two Dynamite Bond comics left to read. I'm hanging in there.

giphy.gif

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

nVdh135.png

8kzdxttl.jpg

I haven't head of anything of the sort. I only know Madeleine, at the very least, bunkers down in some sort of cathedral and finds Safin's Noh mask from her childhood.

unknown.png

The whole Madeleine's mother theory is nothing more than theory at the moment, sparked from the one shot from one of the commercial trailers.

mask_2.png

We believe this shot is part of the PTS, hence it cannot be Madeleine as she would be too young to look like this, as well as being dressed differently. Being that she is blonde, we believe she is the mother of Madeleine.

This shot I posted earlier (someone deleted it, dunno why) is clearly from the PTS, yes. The mother theory P2D is referring probably comes from the fake 4chan leak.