No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    They should release 50 second snippets of random clips from the movie every week. Let us piece it together as if you would piece together a puzzle.

This reminds me when I used to watch Once Upon A Time, at some point the show was so convoluted and the characters so unlikable that I had more fun trying to place the flashbacks in the timeline than I actually had as I watched the show.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    *fewer

LOL

No, I am not drunk when typing. But a neck injury from 2016 caused nerve damage down my left arm and in my hand. My fingers don't work all that well. Typing is hard--texting even more difficult.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 12,992
    Cheers.

5KWD_H.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_04_at_17_45_24.png

• edited June 2020 Posts: 440
    Contraband wrote: »
    No Time to Die, Daniel Craig's final James Bond movie, won't set a new record as the biggest live-action Thanksgiving release of all time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/06/14/james-bond-new-release-for-daniel-craig-date-costs-no-time-to-die-box-office-record/#6950e31b3394

Given how up in the air everything is at the current moment, who knows if it will even release in November at this point?

I have no doubt, mind you, that plenty of people want to back to the theatres but I'm not sure if it's a very wise idea. Especially since different cities in different countries all seem to be following their own policies.

Actually I could care less about the opening debate. I was just being nice posting a link.

Although the production phase is over, it's more fun digging up new material like behind-the-scenes stills, footage, sniffing out plot details.. Gotta live up to my rep. as the master of research

I wasn't debating or criticizing you, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just commenting on the assumptions that the man who wrote the article had.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    No Time to Die, Daniel Craig's final James Bond movie, won't set a new record as the biggest live-action Thanksgiving release of all time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/06/14/james-bond-new-release-for-daniel-craig-date-costs-no-time-to-die-box-office-record/#6950e31b3394

Given how up in the air everything is at the current moment, who knows if it will even release in November at this point?

I have no doubt, mind you, that plenty of people want to back to the theatres but I'm not sure if it's a very wise idea. Especially since different cities in different countries all seem to be following their own policies.

Actually I could care less about the opening debate. I was just being nice posting a link.

Although the production phase is over, it's more fun digging up new material like behind-the-scenes stills, footage, sniffing out plot details.. Gotta live up to my rep. as the master of research

I wasn't debating or criticizing you, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just commenting on the assumptions that the man who wrote the article had.

No problem. I'm not offended. Just bored

:-S
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2020 Posts: 10,512
    On the subject of a black Bond, now is far from the right time. For all the talk of ‘skin colour shouldn’t matter’, it does now, more than ever it seems. The whole debate is an absolute minefield. The idea that someone should be judged by the ‘content of their character’ has been kicked to the curb in favour of petty trivialities concerning colour and nothing else.

Back in the 2000s you could’ve pulled off a black Bond who embodied all of the characteristics one would associate with Bond. But the conversation has changed dramatically. There is a weight of cultural baggage that comes with it. The conversation now dictates colour, not character, is the overwhelming driver. If you’re black you are ‘x’ and if you’re white you are ‘y’.

Naturally I wish that wasn’t the case and I’m sure most rational individuals of all colours and creeds would have no issue (or even care) but the current media-fuelled war between the far left and far right makes it a lose lose for everyone at this moment in time.
    Can someone please tell me why the people who keep pushing for a black Bond never even mention the possibility of an Asian Bond? There are more British Asians than black British people.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869
    The_Return wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me why the people who keep pushing for a black Bond never even mention the possibility of an Asian Bond? There are more British Asians than black British people.
    Because it seems a black Bond is met with more antagonism, and talked about more by the press, so people are just debating and discussing the argument presented to them.

And I get what you’re saying @RC7, yes it will be difficult considering the political climate, but at the same time, If we always felt like this, nothing would change and progress, so I think the important distinction in the argument is that it can be done even if there will be some conflicting issues along the way. EON are pretty brave; we know that - whether we agree with their decisions or not.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 6,677
    RC7 wrote: »
    On the subject of a black Bond, now is far from the right time. For all the talk of ‘skin colour shouldn’t matter’, it does now, more than ever it seems. The whole debate is an absolute minefield. The idea that someone should be judged by the ‘content of their character’ has been kicked to the curb in favour of petty trivialities concerning colour and nothing else.

Back in the 2000s you could’ve pulled off a black Bond who embodied all of the characteristics one would associate with Bond. But the conversation has changed dramatically. There is a weight of cultural baggage that comes with it. The conversation now dictates colour, not character, is the overwhelming driver. If you’re black you are ‘x’ and if you’re white you are ‘y’.

Naturally I wish that wasn’t the case and I’m sure most rational individuals of all colours and creeds would have no issue (or even care) but the current media-fuelled war between the far left and far right makes it a lose lose for everyone at this moment in time.

Ohh, I got stoned (not the right kind of stoned) the last time I said that. You're absolutely spot on, of course. I've tried to mix that argument with my opinion on proper intelectual property adaptation and you wouldn't believe the size of the boulders I got hit with.

Believe me, people don't recognise when the need to serve an agenda is a transference of personal angst, and said agenda is lodged in their active unconscious, so they generally do a disservice to the cause. Feminists, anti-racists, anti-bigots, ..., are all superb paradigmas to wear and fight for, but for the most part, they do it the wrong way, with the wrong kind of bullheadedness, just compulsory repeating their views. I am a feminist, an anti-racism and anti bigotry and so on, but I don't feel the need to inundate all subjects with those fighting causes. Bond is a white fictional character, very well described on paper. The need to change that is the wrong way to go about fighting for the black cause or the feminist cause. Just create better roles for genders and different races. Don't keep sparking the fuse by being racist and misandrist and confusing things.

It is not racist nor mysogynist to keep Bond faithful to his depiction on the page.

But trust me, @RC7, this is an endless debate, that contaminates threads like a pandemic of its own. Better steer clear. I've not been in the "next Bond" thread for some time now, because it's a bucket full of bullheadedness there. Reason doesn't stand a chance against it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    How are your ribs after being hit with those boulders, @Univex? Few bumps and bruises here, but nothing convincing enough to keep a man down! ;)
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 6,677
    How are your ribs after being hit with those boulders, @Univex? Few bumps and bruises here, but nothing convincing enough to keep a man down! ;)

Same here, @CraigMooreOHMSS, old pal. It'll take more than that ;)
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

I think that's because it's largely a US influenced debate.

If a non-white Bond is in consideration, Henry Golding is the best choice IMO.

cd6f29364e8de4b1dbc110b328366522
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    No British Asian or British black bond for me. Thank you very much.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I think that's because it's largely a US influenced debate.

If a non-white Bond is in consideration, Henry Golding is the best choice IMO.

cd6f29364e8de4b1dbc110b328366522

He could indeed pull it off.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Is this whataboutism or what?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

I would hope that 100% of the “it would be fine if Bond was black” crowd would be fine if Bond was Asian.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

I would hope that 100% of the “it would be fine if Bond was black” crowd would be fine if Bond was Asian.

Yes but I suppose his question is why does media attention go towards a black bond about 100x more than an Asian one, considering racial statistics for England.

Yes but I suppose his question is why does media attention go towards a black bond about 100x more than an Asian one, considering racial statistics for England.

Ah yeah true. In that case it’s probably due to Idris Elba being a candidate for the next Bond for awhile? I imagine that ignited the discussion, and partly also because it’s a US market fuelled debate as has been mentioned previously.
    If only this film would be available already so we could discuss it ad nauseam 8-|

We're running after our own tails over and over again, in a nihilistic circle of eternal return.

They could very well release a damn clip. One. Just one. But a stylish one that would keep the spark alive for some time. As it stands, NTTD just isn't that interesting anymore. Proof? We're discussing the black Bond thing in Daniel Craig's film production thread, in the next Bond thread, and who knows where else? There's just nothing else to talk about besides covid and the geopolitics that surround it. Could the producers send a small balm for our feverish heads? To take away the seriousness of our circumstances? Yes they could. They don't have to. We're certainly not owed. But they could, yes they could. We'd appreciate it, I'm sure.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    A full length video for Billie Eilish's title song with a few new bits of footage interspersed throughout would be a nice idea. That way nothing would be spoiled that hasn't been spoiled already.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It would be nice but I imagine they don’t wanna put anything out until they can concretely start their marketing campaign again.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I just need 2 tracks from Zimmer's Score....5mins each.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Especially if one has a big brassy Bond theme rendition. :P that would keep me going for awhile

Especially if one has a big brassy Bond theme rendition. :P that would keep me going for awhile

Exactly :) that's the idea to keep us going for a while....the months would go faster.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    This is true. You can have a black Bond with his daughter in a papoose and say he's 'representative of British culture in 2020'. But you can't say he's also Ian Fleming's James Bond.
    Better to go the Lone Wolf and Cub route: the baby cart.

Q Branch can run crazy with that concept.

shogun1.jpg

I wanna see a Bond movie where he does his real job. Which is filing paperwork.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I wanna see a Bond movie where he does his real job. Which is filing paperwork.

Appearing in court for sexual harassment lawsuits is the sequel.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,541
    I just hope they would get gunbarrel right this time. Last BTS footage from Cary gave me some hope that the gunbarrel will be at start, when he said "white dots on the screen".
    edited June 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I just hope they would get the get gunbarrel right this time. Last BTS footage from Cary gave me some hope that the gunbarrel will be at start, when he said "white dots on the screen".

Yeah, I want a good & stylish Gunbarrel as well. It's strange that CR's Gunbarrel is still his best, and it's not even the traditional Gunbarrel, but then again Craig's Bond is at his best, when his Bond film isn't entirely traditional. But since lots of things would change in this film, it's possible there might be some inventiveness with the Gunbarrel, which would be good, if done properly....but with all these talks of James Bond dying, which I don't like, I would for the first time, really want the Gunbarrel at the film's end, as I feel it would be more symbolic if the dying rumours are true, just to signify that Bond's death was a sort of Hoax.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,541
    I just hope they would get the get gunbarrel right this time. Last BTS footage from Cary gave me some hope that the gunbarrel will be at start, when he said "white dots on the screen".

Yeah, I want a good & stylish Gunbarrel as well. It's strange that CR's Gunbarrel is still his best, and it's not even the traditional Gunbarrel, but then again Craig's Bond is at his best, when his Bond film isn't entirely traditional. But since lots of things would change in this film, it's possible there might be some inventiveness with the Gunbarrel, which would be good, if done properly....but with all these talks of James Bond dying, which I don't like, I would for the first time, really want the Gunbarrel at the film's end, as I feel it would be more symbolic if the dying rumours are true, just to signify that Bond's death was a sort of Hoax.

This is true, i hope the rumors aren't true about bond dying. SP gunbarrel was best for me, still as much as I like SP gunbarrel, they completely ruined it by that tagline "The dead are alive" and it should have opened like this from the skull.