No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Edgar Wright's Last Night in Soho has been pulled off the release calendar. It was due to be released on September 25, 2020.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3616937/edgar-wrights-horror-movie-last-night-soho-pulled-september-release/
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I don't care much if his role in NTTD is big or small, it's just that I'm not a fan of Blofeld as a villain in the 21st century. I think that type of character is anachronistic and belongs to a different period.

EON can, of course, bring him back again in Bond 26 if they want to, it's not for me to decide, I'm just saying I wouldn't want that to happen.

I agree to an extent. It isn't so much Blofeld as a villain, but Spectre as an organization with a lair, sitting out there, with hundreds (or maybe thousands) of "employees" devoted to the organization. That's just not gonna happen.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think it would have been cooler, if Blofeld were a Villian in a Standalone Craig Bond film like SF was before. Maybe if Craig had another film immediately after QoS, Blofeld should have showed up, looking reinvented & darker. Maybe even call him SHATTERHAND, don't connect him with Bond, just make him mysterious & faceless from the shadows without any backstory, maybe even younger without many men, maybe just a few dangerous henchmen.Then Quantum should have continued as the main evil organisation of Craig's era.....coz I was really finding Quantum to be modern-looking & menacing.

Having Blofeld show up like that in a one-off film, would have made the character more edgy.....it's funny to think EON went through all that stress to get the Character, only to make him & Bond family. But maybe Waltz's performance in NTTD could make the Character more dynamic.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Got two emails today from Twitter for violating Bond music copyrights (Universal). Some videoclip. Here's one mail:

Hello,

The following material has been removed from your account in response to the DMCA takedown notice copied at the bottom of this email:

Tweet: - #JamesBond #NoTimeToDie #Bond25 #BondJamesBond #behindthescenes #filmproduction #movie #SFX #danielcraig

- 007, call 911.. https://t.co/p08CGz9c0k
    Video uploaded with Tweet: - #JamesBond #NoTimeToDie #Bond25 #BondJamesBond #behindthescenes #filmproduction #movie #SFX #danielcraig

If you wish to contest this removal, you may seek retractions from the original reporter, or file a counter notification.

Retractions are not guaranteed, and must be submitted by the original reporter to [email protected]. You can request a retraction by using the reporter's contact information found in the copy of the original DMCA notice located at the bottom of this email.

If you believe the material has been removed as a result of mistake or misidentification, you may submit a counter-notification of your objection pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3)

Please include the following in your counter-notification:

Your full legal name, complete mailing address (including country), telephone number, email address and Twitter username.
    Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled. (Must include specific URLs)
    The following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled”.
    A proper jurisdictional consent statement in the form of:
    (If your address is in the United States)

“I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address is located and I’ll accept service of process from the person who provided notice under 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.”

OR

(If your address is outside of the United States)

"I consent to jurisdiction in any judicial district in which Twitter may be found and I’ll accept service of process from the person who provided notice under 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person."

Please send your counter-notification to us as a response to this message, or as a new email to [email protected].

We will forward a copy of your counter-notification, including the information required in item 1 above, to the complainant and Lumen. BY SENDING US A COUNTER-NOTIFICATION, YOU CONSENT TO THIS DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.

Please note that repeat violations of this policy may result in suspension of your account. In order to avoid this, do not post additional material in violation of our Copyright Policy and immediately remove any material from your account for which you are not authorized to post.

May 15, 2020Copyright Manager - Twitter, Inc.
    1355 Market Street, Suite 900
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    [email protected]: R-1589580423Dear Sir or Madam:

I am contacting you on behalf of Universal Music Group (UMG), the world's leading music company. Under penalty of perjury, I submit that I am authorized to act on behalf of UMG in matters involving the infringement of sound recordings owned or controlled by UMG companies.

I have learned that your service is hosting the below-referenced file(s) on its network. These file(s) offer access to unlicensed reproductions of sound recordings owned or controlled by UMG companies. I have a good faith belief that this activity is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I assert that the information in this notification is accurate, based upon the data available to me.

I am asking for your immediate assistance in stopping this unauthorized activity. Specifically, I request that you remove the below referenced files(s) from your system, including any mirrored or duplicate copies of those files, and/or that you disable all access to the infringing files and associated links, and that you inform the account owner of the illegality of their conduct. I also ask that you consider the widespread and repeated infringing nature of the account owner's conduct, and whether this activity violates your company's terms of service and/or repeat infringer policy.

This e-mail does not constitute a waiver of any right to recover damages incurred by virtue of any such unauthorized activities, and such rights as well as claims for other relief are expressly retained. In addition, our use of your service's required notice form, if applicable, is merely meant to facilitate removal of the infringing material listed below and is not meant to suggest or imply that your activities and services are within the scope of the DMCA safe harbor.

You may contact me at Universal Music Group, 1755 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, Tel. 212-445-3549, or e-mail [email protected].

Sincerely,

David Benjamin
    Head of Content Protection

The following are unlicensed reproductions of sound recordings owned or controlled by UMG companies: - Various Artists James Bond Theme

And long list follows with tweets from random users incl my two tweets. So be careful, Bondfans with accounts. Twitter even locked my account an hour or so.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think it would have been cooler, if Blofeld were a Villian in a Standalone Craig Bond film like SF was before.

I must confess that I'm torn about this idea. On the one hand I consider that one of the main characteristics of Blofeld is his recurrency, making him an enemy in the shadows. This is why my favorite iteration of the character is the one seen in Thunderball. Regarding Quantum, its treatment could have perfectly suited SPECTRE and could have allowed an update of the old formula with a recurrent leader in the shadows; I would therefore be less categorical than you on this dissociation between the two groups.

On the other hand, Blofeld seems to me inseparable from Tracy and this element makes him an antagonist who rises above the others. I think that an autonomous adaptation of OHMSS could work as a standalone, and that would be the only way I would see Blofeld as an one-off villain. From there, the adaptation could be more or less faithful. Looking back, I think Spectre should have been this. But if this approach had been followed, I'm not sure that I would have liked to see the return of Quantum, in an independent form.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think it would have been cooler, if Blofeld were a Villian in a Standalone Craig Bond film like SF was before.

I must confess that I'm torn about this idea. On the one hand I consider that one of the main characteristics of Blofeld is his recurrency, making him an enemy in the shadows. This is why my favorite iteration of the character is the one seen in Thunderball. Regarding Quantum, its treatment could have perfectly suited SPECTRE and could have allowed an update of the old formula with a recurrent leader in the shadows; I would therefore be less categorical than you on this dissociation between the two groups.

On the other hand, Blofeld seems to me inseparable from Tracy and this element makes him an antagonist who rises above the others. I think that an autonomous adaptation of OHMSS could work as a standalone, and that would be the only way I would see Blofeld as an one-off villain. From there, the adaptation could be more or less faithful. Looking back, I think Spectre should have been this. But if this approach had been followed, I'm not sure that I would have liked to see the return of Quantum, in an independent form.

Yeah, when I mean 'One-Off', it doesn't mean Blofeld will never return....he always does. Am just saying they should have given him a unique twist in a one-off style. Then he can return again in the next era. Now with how he has been used so far, am not sure he'll appear anytime soon. His next iteration will now have to be very thoughtful before execution. But we'll still get to see him in NTTD. It all depends on Waltz's performance this time around....if his performance is engaging, it might make fans and EON want to see Blofeld again, even if Waltz doesn't play him again.

About Quantum, let's be honest we were all wondering who the Quantum organization were & that added mystique....we didn't know the name of their leader but now we do & we weren't expecting Quantum to be Spectre. But it's what it is today.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Got two emails today from Twitter for violating Bond music copyrights (Universal). Some videoclip. Here's one mail:

Hello,

The following material has been removed from your account in response to the DMCA takedown notice copied at the bottom of this email:

Tweet: - #JamesBond #NoTimeToDie #Bond25 #BondJamesBond #behindthescenes #filmproduction #movie #SFX #danielcraig

Video uploaded with Tweet: - #JamesBond #NoTimeToDie #Bond25 #BondJamesBond #behindthescenes #filmproduction #movie #SFX #danielcraig

If you wish to contest this removal, you may seek retractions from the original reporter, or file a counter notification.

Retractions are not guaranteed, and must be submitted by the original reporter to [email protected]. You can request a retraction by using the reporter's contact information found in the copy of the original DMCA notice located at the bottom of this email.

If you believe the material has been removed as a result of mistake or misidentification, you may submit a counter-notification of your objection pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3)

Please include the following in your counter-notification:

Your full legal name, complete mailing address (including country), telephone number, email address and Twitter username.
    Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled. (Must include specific URLs)
    The following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled”.
    A proper jurisdictional consent statement in the form of:
    (If your address is in the United States)

“I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address is located and I’ll accept service of process from the person who provided notice under 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.”

OR

(If your address is outside of the United States)

"I consent to jurisdiction in any judicial district in which Twitter may be found and I’ll accept service of process from the person who provided notice under 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person."

Please send your counter-notification to us as a response to this message, or as a new email to [email protected].

We will forward a copy of your counter-notification, including the information required in item 1 above, to the complainant and Lumen. BY SENDING US A COUNTER-NOTIFICATION, YOU CONSENT TO THIS DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.

Please note that repeat violations of this policy may result in suspension of your account. In order to avoid this, do not post additional material in violation of our Copyright Policy and immediately remove any material from your account for which you are not authorized to post.

May 15, 2020Copyright Manager - Twitter, Inc.
    1355 Market Street, Suite 900
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    [email protected]: R-1589580423Dear Sir or Madam:

I am contacting you on behalf of Universal Music Group (UMG), the world's leading music company. Under penalty of perjury, I submit that I am authorized to act on behalf of UMG in matters involving the infringement of sound recordings owned or controlled by UMG companies.

I have learned that your service is hosting the below-referenced file(s) on its network. These file(s) offer access to unlicensed reproductions of sound recordings owned or controlled by UMG companies. I have a good faith belief that this activity is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I assert that the information in this notification is accurate, based upon the data available to me.

I am asking for your immediate assistance in stopping this unauthorized activity. Specifically, I request that you remove the below referenced files(s) from your system, including any mirrored or duplicate copies of those files, and/or that you disable all access to the infringing files and associated links, and that you inform the account owner of the illegality of their conduct. I also ask that you consider the widespread and repeated infringing nature of the account owner's conduct, and whether this activity violates your company's terms of service and/or repeat infringer policy.

This e-mail does not constitute a waiver of any right to recover damages incurred by virtue of any such unauthorized activities, and such rights as well as claims for other relief are expressly retained. In addition, our use of your service's required notice form, if applicable, is merely meant to facilitate removal of the infringing material listed below and is not meant to suggest or imply that your activities and services are within the scope of the DMCA safe harbor.

You may contact me at Universal Music Group, 1755 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, Tel. 212-445-3549, or e-mail [email protected].

Sincerely,

David Benjamin
    Head of Content Protection

The following are unlicensed reproductions of sound recordings owned or controlled by UMG companies: - Various Artists James Bond Theme

And long list follows with tweets from random users incl my two tweets. So be careful, Bondfans with accounts. Twitter even locked my account an hour or so.

Interesting, which vids were they and what version of the Bond theme?
    mtm wrote: »

Hello,

Interesting, which vids were they and what version of the Bond theme?

@mtm Got no clue. Tried to find out. At least one tweet was published in November 2019
    No Time To Die becomes the most expensive James Bond film EVER as Daniel Craig's final turn as 007 cost £200 million to make

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8325419/No-Time-Die-expensive-James-Bond-film-200-million-cost.html
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    No Time To Die becomes the most expensive James Bond film EVER as Daniel Craig's final turn as 007 cost £200 million to make

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8325419/No-Time-Die-expensive-James-Bond-film-200-million-cost.html

Weird. Didn’t SP had a mammoth 300 millions dollars budget?

Anyway in a shocking turn of events theaters will re-open in Italy JUNE 15th.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    matt_u wrote: »

I'm honestly very confused about the way Italy has been managing the situation.
    And I also read that Italy will allow International travel from June 3rd.

Do not know. Posted it just for fun since DM usually don't have a clue. The weird thing is this:

By NIOMI HARRIS and JAMES WOOD FOR MAILONLINE

Haha

A few weeks ago I read on here that cinemas weren't going to reopen in Italy until December!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

A few weeks ago I read on here that cinemas weren't going to reopen in Italy until December!

I'm Italian and I can confirm that the original plan was to keep cinemas closed until the very end of the year and disco clubs would only reopen next year. Two days ago cinemas were confirmed to reopen on June 15th and a few hours ago I read that Sicily (and possibly other regions too) plan to reopen disco clubs in two weeks.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Bond 25 supposedly cost 200 million pounds with tax incentives and around 250 million without. When people calculate the cost of a film do they usually account for tax incentives? - is this the highest budget bond film?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Been watching Westworld, Jeffrey Wright is just brilliant; excited for his return in NTTD. Hope he gets a bit more action.
    Been watching Westworld, Jeffrey Wright is just brilliant; excited for his return in NTTD. Hope he gets a bit more action.

Me too....Been watching it as well, now listening to its score. Inventive score by Ramin Djawadi for a Sci-fi Western. Wright's acting, I've discovered has a Calm intensity to it.....he's very good indeed.
    I was looking over @Contraband Twitter page and saw these absolute baller images from the Norway car chase scene:

EX_nkTqXsAEPAed?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkTyXQAcj2DZ?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkUPXYAEuE8R?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkUrWsAAKmJS?format=jpg&name=small

We really don't know an awful lot about this chase at all. I got to thinking about it more and recall reading an article that Bond starts the chase in the Aston Martin Voltane. It looks as though he ditches the Aston and has to use a 4x4. I wonder if the Aston gets wrecked and he is forced to use the self-destruct button from TLD. I love the car chase in TLD and the explosion after Bond presses the button is a damn impressive one....it would be a very deep-cut Bond nerd thing to add.

D8SGru4XoAA36_f.png

What do think? It's a pretty geeky reference in itself to bring back the 1987 Aston. I think Cary might just do this....go to 0:48 here:

New still from NTTD reveals the Voltane in action!

EYT5QroX0AI4Kbt?format=jpg&name=large

This looks to me as though the Voltane is in full-action mode....also I think that Bond is alone int he car. Perhaps he has travelled to Norway to rescue Madeleine from Safin.

Only the Vantage V8 photo is new
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2020 Posts: 14,948
    I was looking over @Contraband Twitter page and saw these absolute baller images from the Norway car chase scene:

EX_nkTqXsAEPAed?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkTyXQAcj2DZ?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkUPXYAEuE8R?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkUrWsAAKmJS?format=jpg&name=small

We really don't know an awful lot about this chase at all. I got to thinking about it more and recall reading an article that Bond starts the chase in the Aston Martin Voltane. It looks as though he ditches the Aston and has to use a 4x4. I wonder if the Aston gets wrecked and he is forced to use the self-destruct button from TLD. I love the car chase in TLD and the explosion after Bond presses the button is a damn impressive one....it would be a very deep-cut Bond nerd thing to add.

D8SGru4XoAA36_f.png

What do think? It's a pretty geeky reference in itself to bring back the 1987 Aston. I think Cary might just do this....go to 0:48 here:

New still from NTTD reveals the Voltane in action!

EYT5QroX0AI4Kbt?format=jpg&name=large

This looks to me as though the Voltane is in full-action mode....also I think that Bond is alone int he car. Perhaps he has travelled to Norway to rescue Madeleine from Safin.

Just looks like he's driving along not terribly quickly to me. But the car looks absolutely stunning!

Fingers crossed you're right and it is in action though. It certainly looks like it sees a bit of stunt driving from that BTS video a week or two back.
    I have a new thread up on twitter. Second Unit-stills from Kalsoy Island, Faroe Islands

I really do hope the V8 gets to see proper action, it won't be nice bringing it back after all these years just for driving. But, judging by how Cary used the DB5....it seems he was tired of seeing it being used for ordinary driving, coz to be honest I expected more from the DB5 in SF.....especially, since it was Bond's 50th anniversary. But hoping for Cary to utilize the V8 properly, like he did with the DB5.
    I have a new thread up on twitter. Second Unit-stills from Kalsoy Island, Faroe Islands

Stunning, perfect, utterly Bondian location for a villain's lair if that's indeed what they're going for. Wonder if the islands stand in for somewhere in Norway or will be "playing themselves", as it were. (I assume the latter, for a number of reasons).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I really do hope the V8 gets to see proper action, it won't be nice bringing it back after all these years just for driving.

Well we've now seen one with the stunt driver pod on the roof which can't be cheap to do, so you'd imagine there'll be a reasonable bit of stunt driving going on with it, even if nothing near the amount that the DB5 gets in this film.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    I've been curious for a while, to ask others on this blog, about the potential of the film involving a virus. Do you think after all of this uncertainty and uneasiness, people might be put off by this being a potential part of the plot? Seems the way the future is going, a lot of films have hit close to home, and might disinterest or put off viewers.
    OOWolf wrote: »
    I've been curious for a while, to ask others on this blog, about the potential of the film involving a virus. Do you think after all of this uncertainty and uneasiness, people might be put off by this being a potential part of the plot? Seems the way the future is going, a lot of films have hit close to home, and might disinterest or put off viewers.

It certainly hasn't put people off watching Contagion.