No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2020 Posts: 15,690

It's a confusing time with a lot of contradicting information....what we do know is that China is planning to re-open cinemas this weekend. So I suppose we shall see how that goes.....

A cinema chain in China has released this new campaign to spread the word about social distancing in cinemas. Personally, I think it's pretty great:

Everything in China is slowly opening up, it seems they’re doing very well, I’ve seen it first hand. No way Bond gets delayed until 2021 if there is no second wave. We’ll see what happens when China opens up theatres.

China is slowly going back into lockdown. 2 cities in the past 4 days have returned to severe lockdown restrictions (including closed cinemas). Jilin, a city of 4 million people, and Shulan, a city of 600,000 people.

https://en.brinkwire.com/news/china-puts-a-second-city-under-lockdown-in-the-space-of-four-days/

There are now several clusters in China, including in ground zero of the pandemic (Wuhan), and locally-transmitted cases are rising after an entire month without such reported cases.

South Korea, also, has now confirmed all bars and clubs are shut down indefinitely due to a Seoul cluster that has spiraled out of control (142 confirmed cases).
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    In an ideal world, another round of marketing should start soon. But truly, it's a very tricky situation EON are in right now. Doing another round of marketing without releasing the film in November won't be ideal. I think they will be extra-careful this time around, coz November's release will have to be certain before November, so to speak. It's fair to say if no form of marketing gets underway soon, then we might be looking at a December 2020 release or most likely February 14th 2021....the first release date.

Lad, in an ideal world Bond 25 woulda come out in 2018.

+1
  • They can release it in November. Theaters half full, spaced out seating, or some measures like that. Have it run for 8 weeks, then have a Home Premiere. Run that for X amount of weeks. Then a full worldwide theatrical run in the spring 2021.

OR just delay it indefinitely until movies make all their money at the box office again, could be years away.

Completely agree with this (and with a previous post saying that they would want to see it in November, be it cinema or streaming). Otherwise, should it just be delayed again for 5 years to be on the safe side? I agreed with that article about cinemas partially re-opening with physical distancing in place.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    The only reason I dare to believe in November for NTTD is coz of TENET and MULAN. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens with those two.
    I was looking over @Contraband Twitter page and saw these absolute baller images from the Norway car chase scene:

EX_nkTqXsAEPAed?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkTyXQAcj2DZ?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkUPXYAEuE8R?format=jpg&name=small
    EX_nkUrWsAAKmJS?format=jpg&name=small

We really don't know an awful lot about this chase at all. I got to thinking about it more and recall reading an article that Bond starts the chase in the Aston Martin Voltane. It looks as though he ditches the Aston and has to use a 4x4. I wonder if the Aston gets wrecked and he is forced to use the self-destruct button from TLD. I love the car chase in TLD and the explosion after Bond presses the button is a damn impressive one....it would be a very deep-cut Bond nerd thing to add.

D8SGru4XoAA36_f.png

What do think? It's a pretty geeky reference in itself to bring back the 1987 Aston. I think Cary might just do this....go to 0:48 here:

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The self destruction of the Aston would be cool as hell in NTTD.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 4,400

I live in absolute hope that it happens. It be a properly nerdy Bond reference that I'd love. Even though I'm such a believer in the franchise looking forward instead of back. But this would just be a 'Bondian' thing for audiences who don't know and for the 2 people in the theatre who do know, they can nerd out over it. A little like the Hildebrand reference in SP.

Also, this is kinda interesting but I heard something very much on the 'down low' from someone trustworthy. I wouldn't share this typically, but since its lockdown and this film seems like a lifetime away...
    Basically, Eva Green is involved in NTTD somehow. No clue what that means and how big a role. But she has something to do in the film and it's not just archive footage from CR. She has been on set and filmed new scenes. No more intel than that...
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 727
    I figured it out.
    Vesper's estranged twin sister makes a sudden appearance to nail down the truth of her twin's death. Bond must also stop the urge to get with her because she looks so much like her.
    Some Jill/Tilly Masterson vibes there

I live in absolute hope that it happens. It be a properly nerdy Bond reference that I'd love. Even though I'm such a believer in the franchise looking forward instead of back. But this would just be a 'Bondian' thing for audiences who don't know and for the 2 people in the theatre who do know, they can nerd out over it. A little like the Hildebrand reference in SP.

Also, this is kinda interesting but I heard something very much on the 'down low' from someone trustworthy. I wouldn't share this typically, but since its lockdown and this film seems like a lifetime away...
    Basically, Eva Green is involved in NTTD somehow. No clue what that means and how big a role. But she has something to do in the film and it's not just archive footage from CR. She has been on set and filmed new scenes. No more intel than that...
    I bet they show us her interrogation.
    Am looking forward to the track Zimmer plays when Bond unveils the V8.

Same. Hopefully not another "Breadcrumbs" but an original take on the Bond theme wouldn't be unwelcome.

Same. Hopefully not another "Breadcrumbs" but an original take on the Bond theme wouldn't be unwelcome.

Exactly.
    The Transformers franchise have picked June 24, 2022 as the release date for their next live-action film & are even eyeing a Male lead. Even if NTTD's release date is a bit of a Topsy-Turvy affair at the moment, maybe such news can Spur EON on to start working on Bond 26's script & search for the new Bond.
    I wonder how much time that would otherwise be spent searching for a new actor will be used by Broccoli to try and convince Craig to stay. I guess they could be doing both. I just don't imagine Broccoli will be to invested in finding someone new while there's still the possibility of Craig coming back, regardless of how slight.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    I wonder how much time that would otherwise be spent searching for a new actor will be used by Broccoli to try and convince Craig to stay. I guess they could be doing both. I just don't imagine Broccoli will be to invested in finding someone new while there's still the possibility of Craig coming back, regardless of how slight.
    Yeah, Craig is definitely the Roger to Babs' Cubby. If there's even a little bit of a chance for him to come back, she'll pay him whatever he wants.

I am 99% certain that NTTD will be his last though.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    He’s definitely NOT coming back. NTTD seems like it was pretty much made around that decision.
    @Agent_One @DonnyDB5, I agree. Craig will, practically speaking, not be returning after NTTD. That said, anything is possible.
    I wonder if Ernst Starving Blofeld is a one off glorified cameo in this film or if will be involved in the climax.
    I wonder if Ernst Starving Blofeld is a one off glorified cameo in this film or if will be involved in the climax.

I seriously hope it's the latter. But my hope is that he escapes and is "whereabouts unknown" at the end of NTTD.

I need him out there pulling the strings.

I seriously hope it's the latter. But my hope is that he escapes and is "whereabouts unknown" at the end of NTTD.

I've wondered this too. At first I was extremely stoked that DC came back because I wanted to see Waltz again as Blofeld and for them to really face off, but now I'm even more excited for Rami Malek's villain I don't want Blofeld to steal too much thunder.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    An offroad car chase is a fun idea, it looks brilliant.
    It feels like the pressure is more on Waltz to perfect his portrayal of Blofeld. He must be very grateful for the opportunity.....coz I never thought I would see Blofeld in NTTD.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

This is exactly what I want not to happen. :)

Regarding the release date, if virus is still strong in November, then there are absolutely no guarantees that it won't be as strong during the whole of 2021. Production of a vaccine is far from being a certainty, not only in 2021 but in general.

So if November gets cancelled, and cinema release is a must, NTTD could end up being delayed indefinitely.

edited May 2020 Posts: 7,526

This is exactly what I want not to happen. :)

Regarding the release date, if virus is still strong in November, then there are absolutely no guarantees that it won't be as strong during the whole of 2021. Production of a vaccine is far from being a certainty, not only in 2021 but in general.

So if November gets cancelled, and cinema release is a must, NTTD could end up being delayed indefinitely.

Is that to say you hope his appearance in NTTD is minimal? It just seems like it’d be a waste of Bond’s arch nemesis that they fought for decades to get the legal right to.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 871
    I don't care much if his role in NTTD is big or small, it's just that I'm not a fan of Blofeld as a villain in the 21st century. I think that type of character is anachronistic and belongs to a different period.

EON can, of course, bring him back again in Bond 26 if they want to, it's not for me to decide, I'm just saying I wouldn't want that to happen.

Totally fair, and I could see why you think that. Personally I'm a fan of the archvillain dynamic. Loved when the MI franchise brought on Solomon Lane for the same reason.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ironically, the Boyle idea (which reportedly involved Bond imprisoned for a fair portion) could be eminently filmable during this period...minus of course killing off Bond!
    I don't care much if his role in NTTD is big or small, it's just that I'm not a fan of Blofeld as a villain in the 21st century. I think that type of character is anachronistic and belongs to a different period.

EON can, of course, bring him back again in Bond 26 if they want to, it's not for me to decide, I'm just saying I wouldn't want that to happen.

One could say the same about Bond himself.
    The "Accounts for a small company made up to 31 December 2019" could indicate how many the film cost :

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09577149/filing-history