No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    A new 'leak' from 4chan but pertaining to Danny Boyle's version of Bond 25.....

giphy.gif

https://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/132047248
    Before he left the film, Boyle had a different vision. His script involved a retired Bond returning after MI6 agents including M were targeted with a poisonous chemical.
    He would return but suffer from depression and alcoholism in his years in isolation. This element is said to still be in the final film.
    The whole scheme to poison individuals was led by a Russian oligarch. The leading lady was to be his trapped wife. The character of a young 00 who Bond is forced to team up with was always in Bond 25i.
    The film would be all about Bond getting his groove back. The villain would capture him and he'd spend a lot of time trying to escape prison.
    The end of the film was contested and eventually led to Boyle leaving. Boyle had Bond retire and the final scene was him getting knighted by the Queen. The producers and Daniel Craig wanted to either kill him off or hint towards Bond's death.
    Boyle's film was said to be cheerier and brighter, than what they expected. It had less onus on action. No Time to Die is said to contain many of the same aspects but is based on a new script.

Personally, I don't buy it as:
    Boyle wouldn't end the film like that, he isn't a royalist. He rejected a knighthood himself after directing the opening ceremony in 2012.

I just see Boyle as such a Republican when it comes to aristocracy and monarchy. His whole opening ceremony basically devoted to the NHS.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Am not Praying or Hoping for another Delay....but at this point, am ready for any type of announcement from EON.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    Am not Praying or Hoping for another Delay....but at this point, am ready for any type of announcement from EON.

Would think they would want to make a decision around Aug/Sept time, I can't imagine they would want to ramp up promotion to then have to delay again come November because of further governmental restrictions.

GadgetMan wrote: »

Would think they would want to make a decision around Aug/Sept time, I can't imagine they would want to ramp up promotion to then have to delay again come November because of further governmental restrictions.

Exactly, and I think if TENET gets delayed then November suddenly looks Bleak. So TENET it seems will give us a clue as to whether NTTD gets delayed again or not.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 97
    @Pierce2Daniel Thanks for posting that info from 4chan! To me it seems entirely believable that that was Boyle's ending, considering that he directed Happy and Glorious. Also,
    it seems more and more likely that the rumour that Boyle wanted to kill off Bond but EON didn't was incorrect.
    Exactly, and I think if TENET gets delayed then November suddenly looks Bleak. So TENET it seems will give us a clue as to whether NTTD gets delayed again or not.
    Tenet's current release date is in July. The difference between July and late October is night and day. Right now it seems incredibly likely that TENET will be delayed, and that NTTD won't be delayed again.
    I imagine we'll know by late August if it's gonna be delayed again. They would probably want to make that call before investing in another costly marketing campaign.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mtm wrote: »
    Even if the cinemas are open by November, how many of us here will actually want to go to one? Knowing you could possibly risk the life of a loved one?

Nothing new. That has always been a risk if you have loved ones who are that weakened. Just use the same common sense as always. One good thing about this is that people who have never used common sense before are now forced to do so.

You think this is nothing different? Jesus, I'm going to lock my family up if there are people like you guys out there who care so little for others.

If your family suffers from severe disease and weakened immune systems, I wouldn t dream of going near them if sick. It is indeed not different from before. Me not caring about others is something you dreamed up.Please don t do that.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    It's time that this crises is over because some of you are going crazy.

@mtm please...
  • echoecho 007 in New York

giphy.gif

Before he left the film, Boyle had a different vision. His script involved a retired Bond returning after MI6 agents including M were targeted with a poisonous chemical.
    He would return but suffer from depression and alcoholism in his years in isolation. This element is said to still be in the final film.
    The whole scheme to poison individuals was led by a Russian oligarch. The leading lady was to be his trapped wife. The character of a young 00 who Bond is forced to team up with was always in Bond 25i.
    The film would be all about Bond getting his groove back. The villain would capture him and he'd spend a lot of time trying to escape prison.
    The end of the film was contested and eventually led to Boyle leaving. Boyle had Bond retire and the final scene was him getting knighted by the Queen. The producers and Daniel Craig wanted to either kill him off or hint towards Bond's death.
    Boyle's film was said to be cheerier and brighter, than what they expected. It had less onus on action. No Time to Die is said to contain many of the same aspects but is based on a new script.

Boyle wouldn't end the film like that, he isn't a royalist. He rejected a knighthood himself after directing the opening ceremony in 2012.

I just see Boyle as such a Republican when it comes to aristocracy and monarchy. His whole opening ceremony basically devoted to the NHS.

*None* of this "plot" is new to people who regularly read these boards.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 1,693
    The_Return wrote: »
    Even if the cinemas are open by November, how many of us here will actually want to go to one? Knowing you could possibly risk the life of a loved one?
    Many people are already ITCHING to meet other people, go to restaurants, bars, concerts and yes, cinemas! And the number of people who want to go back to normal right now despite the coronavirus still being here and even if it means maybe ending up in a hospital is growing each and every day.

People under 60 and especially 50 are not afraid and have no reason to be afraid of the virus any more than to be afraid of getting hit by a car.

They really do have reason. If you know anyone in the risk group (and that can be anyone- you're far from guaranteed to be fine just because of your age/health) then you risk giving it to them and potentially killing them. And because you've spread it, you've reduced your health service's capacity to help your loved ones.
    Can I ask where in the world you are? Because the messaging doesn't seem to have come through very well there.

To OP. So let me get this correct. You could care less if you brought the virus home to your parents or grandparents. Just checking.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    delfloria wrote: »
    Many people are already ITCHING to meet other people, go to restaurants, bars, concerts and yes, cinemas! And the number of people who want to go back to normal right now despite the coronavirus still being here and even if it means maybe ending up in a hospital is growing each and every day.

People under 60 and especially 50 are not afraid and have no reason to be afraid of the virus any more than to be afraid of getting hit by a car.

They really do have reason. If you know anyone in the risk group (and that can be anyone- you're far from guaranteed to be fine just because of your age/health) then you risk giving it to them and potentially killing them. And because you've spread it, you've reduced your health service's capacity to help your loved ones.
    Can I ask where in the world you are? Because the messaging doesn't seem to have come through very well there.

To OP. So let me get this correct. You could care less if you brought the virus home to your parents or grandparents. Just checking.

This is not the Corona thread.
  • StarkStark France

giphy.gif

Wow I didn't think that the script would be as close to what we know of No time to die today, Hodge and Boyle would have deserved to be credited if it's true ... Glad to know that Purvis and Wade's 1st script was completely abandoned, I thought they just made it better with Fukunaga without Boyle's ideas.
    Even with NTTD's release date situation, I would like EON to start work on Bond 26's Script & secretly Cast Dan Stevens as James Bond.....so we don't have to wait too long for Bond 26.
    They need audience and critical reception before they can really plan the next one

Yeah, true....they do, but it's BOND. And he's been away for 5yrs. Fans' Hunger will be Sky-high. And NTTD already looks like it's aiming for that eventful feel like CR & SF before it....which means success. And apart from the Cast of NTTD, the Creative team also have a Stellar Cast.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

giphy.gif

A bit too SF-ish for me.
  • StarkStark France
    Even with NTTD's release date situation, I would like EON to start work on Bond 26's Script & secretly Cast Dan Stevens as James Bond.....so we don't have to wait too long for Bond 26.

*Richard Madden
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

giphy.gif

He did, as in your gif, direct the actual Queen though! :) Somehow this seems more believable than the kill-him-off rumour.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2020 Posts: 14,861

Nothing new. That has always been a risk if you have loved ones who are that weakened. Just use the same common sense as always. One good thing about this is that people who have never used common sense before are now forced to do so.

You think this is nothing different? Jesus, I'm going to lock my family up if there are people like you guys out there who care so little for others.

If your family suffers from severe disease and weakened immune systems, I wouldn t dream of going near them if sick. It is indeed not different from before. Me not caring about others is something you dreamed up.Please don t do that.

20% of all deaths in the UK right now are from Covid-19. That's 1 in 5. 6,000 more people have died in this country than would usually have done. To say this isn't different from before is very much something you've dreamed up. You'd seriously never, ever see a close member of your family again under normal circumstances if they suffered from diabetes, for example?
    Where are you in the world?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    It's time that this crises is over because some of you are going crazy.

@mtm please...

Explain?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Stark wrote: »

*Richard Madden

I'm starting to see the Rupert Friend thing...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Guys if the leak from a couple of weeks is true
    how would you react to the idea of closing the Craig era with Bond being a sort of dad? Of his fiancée’s clone, nothing less.

IMO this idea on paper makes Brofeld worth an Academy Award...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,157

+1. And they're finally learning that they have to wash their hands.
    matt_u wrote: »
    how would you react to the idea of closing the Craig era with Bond being a sort of dad? Of his fiancée’s clone, nothing less.

+1
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

100% not a fan. Which is why I’m hoping that leak was a well-written fake.

NTTD needs to end like the The Dark Knight Rises. Bond surmised to be dead, with the audience knowing he’s not. Definitive, and satisfying to conclude this era.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,518
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

NTTD needs to end like the The Dark Knight Rises. Bond surmised to be dead, with the audience knowing he’s not. Definitive, and satisfying to conclude this era.

That would be a great way to end things. They've played out the "Bond retires" angle too much already. Missing and presumed dead would be a perfect ending.

They did in Skyfall but it obviously kicked off the action rather than concluded it, so I still think it would be appropriate.

Maybe even M knows he's not dead (as well as the audience), and he has a discrete rendevous with Bond after the fact (kind of like Alfred and Bruce a la TDKR), M says something like "stay healthy, and stay close... you know we'll need you back again soon." Maybe even in a way where you don't see Bond's face, as a wink to the next Bond being a new actor?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Looks like we're in for another delay, but I'm not ready to bet on it yet.
    Seven months is a long time, there is a slight chance things will improve by November.

Nothing has been said about "another delay".

It's pretty obvious that I and others weren't discussing something that has already been said. We were talking about a possibility of another delay. I don't think that's so difficult to understand.

If, on the other hand, you don't want a possibility of a new delay to be discussed here, all I can say is that I don't like or want a lot of things happening in the world, but they happen regardless. Such is life, unfortunately.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »

I've predicted for some time that they're borrowing heavily from The Dark Knight Rises in the the way this one ends and I think Nomi will end up being the John Blake/Robin of NTTD's ending.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited April 2020 Posts: 1,755
    I could see it now. The MI6 crew at a would be funeral for Bond. The next day or whenever, they arrive at HQ and a black box is seen there waiting for them. Moneypenny opens the box, and inside is the statue of Jack the Bulldog M had left Bond at the end of Skyfall, ultimately signaling Bond is really alive.

It comes full circle. M leaves him the statue as part of her will. He then leaves it to MI6 to let them know he’s alive. The end.
    delfloria wrote: »

This is not the Corona thread.

The postponement of NTTD IS directly related to the currant situation. Having said that........... you did not answer my question.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I could see it now. The MI6 crew at a would be funeral for Bond. The next day or whenever, they arrive at HQ and a black box is seen there waiting for them. Moneypenny opens the box, and inside is the statue of Jack the Bulldog M had left Bond at the end of Skyfall, ultimately signaling Bond is really alive.

It comes full circle. M leaves him the statue as part of her will. He then leaves it to MI6 to let them know he’s alive. The end.

Yes it would make sense, even tho feels way too similar to Nolan... and Cary to me doesn’t seem the kind of director approaching the material this way.