No Time to Die production thread

Comments

DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I'd take this with a BIG grain of salt but there's a leaked overview of NTTD's plot from 4chan. I know we see quite a few of these with every new Bond film, but this is the first one for NTTD that seems to fit with what we do know.
    Safin (Rami Malek) is a former member of SPECTRE. Believing that his extremist methods were dangerous, Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) ordered his assassination, but Safin survived, albeit heavily scarred, and disappeared. Over the following 20 years, he built an international criminal empire, relying on groundbreaking gene therapy to prolong his life. He crosses paths with James Bond (Daniel Craig) when he begins assassination SPECTRE's leaders following Blofeld's arrest by the MI6 in order to seize control of the organization.

Safin's plan is to use an algae-based bioweapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans of his design. The Adam & Eve of Safin's Eden will be child clones of himself and Bond's lover Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux), with whom he has been obsessed since meeting her as a young girl.

In Italy, James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux) are attacked by SPECTRE while visiting the tomb of Vesper Lynd. Bond believes Madeline has betrayed him and they separate. One year later, Bond is living in Jamaica. Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) recruits him to rescue Dr. Valdo Obruchev (David Dencik) from SPECTRE in Cuba. Bond later meets MI6 agent Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has also been assigned to find Obruchev.

In Cuba, Bond meets Leiter’s protégés Paloma (Ana de Armas) and Ashe (Billy Magnussen). Bond and Paloma infiltrate a SPECTRE outpost and learn that a rival organization is killing SPECTRE’s leaders and stealing their resources. They rescue Obruchev and meet with Leiter in a boat, but are betrayed by Ashe, who is working for the new organization. Ashe kills Leiter and Paloma and kidnaps Obruchev. Bond survives and Nomi rescues Obruchev.

In London, Bond rejoins the MI6 to avenge Leiter and Paloma, and learns they have recruited Madeline as a consultant. Bond interrogates Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz), who reveals that Safin (Rami Malek), a rogue SPECTRE operative with a secret connection to Madeline, leads the new organization. Nomi learns Safin stole Obruchev’s research on a new algae-based bioweapon.

Madeline reveals that, when she was a child, Safin came to kill her mother. Young Madeline fell into a frozen lake trying to escape, but was rescued by Safin, who abducted her and has been coercing her into helping him in exchange for sparing her mother’s life. Bond and Madeline locate Madeline’s mother in Norway, and she provides a clue to Safin’s whereabouts before Ashe and his men arrive, kill her and abduct Madeline.

Nomi volunteers to help Bond rescue Madeline. Blofeld helps them decipher Madeline’s mother’s clue and locate Safin’s lair in an abandoned diamond mine in Russia, where Madeline learns that Safin is planning to use Obruchev’s weapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans. He has already made a girl based on Madeline’s DNA to be the Eve, and is making a boy based on own DNA to be the Adam of his New Eden.

Bond and Nomi infiltrate Safin’s lair. Bond is captured and brought before Safin, but manages to escape, disable the bioweapon and kill Safin, avenging Leiter and Paloma. Meanwhile, Nomi kills Ashe and rescues Madeline and Eve. The four escape before the facility explodes and reunites at a nearby beach, where Bond and Madeline reconcile and decide to raise Eve together, while Nomi returns to the MI6. Bond assures her that he’s never too far gone if they need his help again.

Not sure how to feel about this if true. Everything sounds good up until the “Adam & Eve” plot, and the whole Bond and Madeleine deciding to raise a cloned little girl together. The character of Bond really shouldn’t possess any paternal qualities IMO. Just seems odd to me.

I actually quite like the 'Adam and Eve' plot, just not the cloned child story I hate. However, whilst it is likely that the writer has simply made it up. It's worth nothing that there may be a quantum of credibility to the story.

They are suggesting the 'Eve' character is based on these photos where I believe a child was spotted in costume on set. Though for the life of me I can't find them on the internet now.......

PRI_86945443.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C810&ssl=1

I just noticed the girl standing next to Lashana Lynch is holding Craig’s navy ribbed army sweater from N. Peal.

She's probably a runner. I think Roger Moore's granddaughter was a runner either on NTTD or SP.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Overall I give it a 6/10. I like the villainous plan, and don't mind Sci fi stuff (we've had many plots like this already).

A big hope for me, after the disappointing base in SP, is that we could get a army vs army finale like we had in the classic era of 64 - 87. We will need a bit of spectacle if the 5+ year wait is going to seem worthwhile.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Getafix wrote: »
    I'd take this with a BIG grain of salt but there's a leaked overview of NTTD's plot from 4chan. I know we see quite a few of these with every new Bond film, but this is the first one for NTTD that seems to fit with what we do know.
    Safin (Rami Malek) is a former member of SPECTRE. Believing that his extremist methods were dangerous, Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) ordered his assassination, but Safin survived, albeit heavily scarred, and disappeared. Over the following 20 years, he built an international criminal empire, relying on groundbreaking gene therapy to prolong his life. He crosses paths with James Bond (Daniel Craig) when he begins assassination SPECTRE's leaders following Blofeld's arrest by the MI6 in order to seize control of the organization.

Safin's plan is to use an algae-based bioweapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans of his design. The Adam & Eve of Safin's Eden will be child clones of himself and Bond's lover Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux), with whom he has been obsessed since meeting her as a young girl.

In Italy, James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux) are attacked by SPECTRE while visiting the tomb of Vesper Lynd. Bond believes Madeline has betrayed him and they separate. One year later, Bond is living in Jamaica. Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) recruits him to rescue Dr. Valdo Obruchev (David Dencik) from SPECTRE in Cuba. Bond later meets MI6 agent Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has also been assigned to find Obruchev.

In Cuba, Bond meets Leiter’s protégés Paloma (Ana de Armas) and Ashe (Billy Magnussen). Bond and Paloma infiltrate a SPECTRE outpost and learn that a rival organization is killing SPECTRE’s leaders and stealing their resources. They rescue Obruchev and meet with Leiter in a boat, but are betrayed by Ashe, who is working for the new organization. Ashe kills Leiter and Paloma and kidnaps Obruchev. Bond survives and Nomi rescues Obruchev.

In London, Bond rejoins the MI6 to avenge Leiter and Paloma, and learns they have recruited Madeline as a consultant. Bond interrogates Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz), who reveals that Safin (Rami Malek), a rogue SPECTRE operative with a secret connection to Madeline, leads the new organization. Nomi learns Safin stole Obruchev’s research on a new algae-based bioweapon.

Madeline reveals that, when she was a child, Safin came to kill her mother. Young Madeline fell into a frozen lake trying to escape, but was rescued by Safin, who abducted her and has been coercing her into helping him in exchange for sparing her mother’s life. Bond and Madeline locate Madeline’s mother in Norway, and she provides a clue to Safin’s whereabouts before Ashe and his men arrive, kill her and abduct Madeline.

Nomi volunteers to help Bond rescue Madeline. Blofeld helps them decipher Madeline’s mother’s clue and locate Safin’s lair in an abandoned diamond mine in Russia, where Madeline learns that Safin is planning to use Obruchev’s weapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans. He has already made a girl based on Madeline’s DNA to be the Eve, and is making a boy based on own DNA to be the Adam of his New Eden.

Bond and Nomi infiltrate Safin’s lair. Bond is captured and brought before Safin, but manages to escape, disable the bioweapon and kill Safin, avenging Leiter and Paloma. Meanwhile, Nomi kills Ashe and rescues Madeline and Eve. The four escape before the facility explodes and reunites at a nearby beach, where Bond and Madeline reconcile and decide to raise Eve together, while Nomi returns to the MI6. Bond assures her that he’s never too far gone if they need his help again.

Not sure how to feel about this if true. Everything sounds good up until the “Adam & Eve” plot, and the whole Bond and Madeleine deciding to raise a cloned little girl together. The character of Bond really shouldn’t possess any paternal qualities IMO. Just seems odd to me.

I actually quite like the 'Adam and Eve' plot, just not the cloned child story I hate. However, whilst it is likely that the writer has simply made it up. It's worth nothing that there may be a quantum of credibility to the story.

They are suggesting the 'Eve' character is based on these photos where I believe a child was spotted in costume on set. Though for the life of me I can't find them on the internet now.......

I just noticed the girl standing next to Lashana Lynch is holding Craig’s navy ribbed army sweater from N. Peal.

She's probably a runner. I think Roger Moore's granddaughter was a runner either on NTTD or SP.

She's obviously not a cast member. Christ, I miss the cold war.

@Pierce2Daniel You know this too.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Did you refer to the little girl with the striped salopette behind Lashana?0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg
    0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg

Yep.

That's the kid....looks to me like the child is in costume. Otherwise, someone just bought their kid to the set.

I doubt that would be the case.......there is always the chance that Safin is testing is 'virus' on children. This child could be someone who human tests are taking place on and Nomi saves her in time.

This could very well be the 'cloned' Madeleine......

That kid belongs to a crew member, might be an italian crew member. I think it was someone from the italian prod comp Lotus that wrote a comment about it on Instagram when some Bondfan posted the picture in october or nov
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Getafix wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    SP wasn't a Box-Office failure, it was a Critical failure....although, am sure EON were thinking it's Box-Office would equal or surpass SF's. Maybe if SP was released after QoS(although, QoS' narrative would have had to change) SP might have made a Billion....considering how long Bond was absent after QoS, although I don't know if it would have been critically successful. It was just unfortunate that SP had to follow SF, Coz fans were looking forward to SP topping SF in all Areas. SP was of course financially successful....or else we won't be expecting NTTD. It just failed to capture that eventful 2012 behemoth feel that SF was able to attain.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/21/spectre-review-james-bond-is-back-stylish-camp-and-sexily-pro-snowden

Yeah, First Screenings & Early Reviews usually leads to Most Big-Budget films being highly praised at first. And this is Bond....no matter how bad a Bond film is, there's always a Bright Spot...Maybe not as Bright as the Better ones, but there's still something that makes it worth revisiting. E.g Christopher Lee's Scaramanga was the Bright Spot in TMWTGG....And i've always thought he would have been a great Bond.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Every member of this community could’ve made up this plot line with a strong knowledge of the production... I don’t believe it even if sounds plausible.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    matt_u wrote: »
    Every member of this community could’ve made up this plot line with a strong knowledge of the production... I don’t believe it even if sounds plausible.

Seconded.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,950
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    @peter and @RichardTheBruce I'm certainly not talking about SPECTRE, EON does not only make 007 films.
    The spy film, "The Rhythm Section" produced by EON earlier this year, was a colossal flop and financial disaster.

And this will affect NTTD how exactly? Spectre was the 6th most succesful movie of 2015, right before Inside Out and right after Minions.

He was talking about the financial impact on Eon and MGM, that was the post he was responding to. NTTD being down on profit isn’t going to be great financial news for them after Rhythm Section, that seems reasonable to say.
    Lots of people knee jerking over things they haven’t read properly, come on guys.

Every big studio has had a flop in recent years.

I have so far not read anything constructive from "Defloria".

Sure but Eon have had 100% flops in the last two years :D Chill out a bit.
    matt_u wrote: »

This is exactly what I was going to say. All of us who have been coming to this site every day for the last year could have pieced that plot together. For that reason, I don't believe it. However, also for that reason, a good chunk of it could be true. Whoever wrote it could be 50 - 70% accurate. We'll find out in November (or sometime in our lives, hopefully).
    Contraband wrote: »

Did you refer to the little girl with the striped salopette behind Lashana?0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg
    0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg

Yep.

That's the kid....looks to me like the child is in costume. Otherwise, someone just bought their kid to the set.

I doubt that would be the case.......there is always the chance that Safin is testing is 'virus' on children. This child could be someone who human tests are taking place on and Nomi saves her in time.

This could very well be the 'cloned' Madeleine......

That kid belongs to a crew member, might be an italian crew member. I think it was someone from the italian prod comp Lotus that wrote a comment about it on Instagram when some Bondfan posted the picture in october or nov

This would seemingly settle it. The child isn't in the film......

Though, in my opinion, it looks as though the kid is in costume.

Whoever wrote it could be 50 - 70% accurate. We'll find out in November (or sometime in our lives, hopefully).

Absolutely.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Don't know if you have this, LIFE magazine (febr 2020) Bond 25 movies - 100 pages

https://docdro.id/x2tmDwJ
    @peter and @RichardTheBruce I'm certainly not talking about SPECTRE, EON does not only make 007 films.
    The spy film, "The Rhythm Section" produced by EON earlier this year, was a colossal flop and financial disaster.

And this will affect NTTD how exactly? Spectre was the 6th most succesful movie of 2015, right before Inside Out and right after Minions.

He was talking about the financial impact on Eon and MGM, that was the post he was responding to. NTTD being down on profit isn’t going to be great financial news for them after Rhythm Section, that seems reasonable to say.
    Lots of people knee jerking over things they haven’t read properly, come on guys.

CNo07gQ.gif
    I just remembered that a guy I know (he's a member of another italian forum who lives in Matera) told me last August that they indeed cast a kid fluent in English for scenes to be filmed in Italy... the plot thickens...
    There is only so much capacity - both in the physical cinemas and in terms of "marketing bandwidth" - surely there is a danger that punters will just be overwhelmed?
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    In B26; Bond goes rogue and will be working for the Chinese government... :-?

rAB3UU2.jpg

Regardless of the studio, EON itself obviously took a hit with the historic failure of "The Rhythm Section" and cannot be happy about NTTD's situation. I just wish they would focus exclusively on Bond. Dang, there I go being nonconstructive again. I'll try better in the future.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Regardless of the studio, EON itself obviously took a hit with the historic failure of "The Rhythm Section" and cannot be happy about NTTD's situation. I just wish they would focus exclusively on Bond. Dang, there I go being nonconstructive again. I'll try better in the future.

I think your point has some validity, if only because other studios have multiple IPs on which to fall back if one has a bad turn out. EON only have Bond. I don't think they're expecting a financial failure, but I'm sure they have considered the possibility that it may not hit the highs that were expected of it (understandably so - some things you just can't control!). I'm sure they've considered every possibility.
  • StarkStark France

It's funny the parallels with the dark knight trilogy. Like Bane in TDKR, Safin would have been excluded from a criminal organization because he was too dangerous.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,400
    New poster of Nomi spied on an Omega shop

EUQ9kgSXsAECQwM?format=jpg&name=medium

Also..........speculation in this video that Lea Seydoux has let the ending of NTTD out. Personally, I agree. I think Lea let the cat out of the bag with the ending:

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,950

CNo07gQ.gif

Err... okaaay... ?

I think your point has some validity, if only because other studios have multiple IPs on which to fall back if one has a bad turn out. EON only have Bond. I don't think they're expecting a financial failure, but I'm sure they have considered the possibility that it may not hit the highs that were expected of it (understandably so - some things you just can't control!). I'm sure they've considered every possibility.

Yeah, I would have thought they're expecting this to not be quite the massive profit they were hoping for, especially as they'll be close to doubling their marketing spend.
    Though it seems odd at this time, I'm glad to see the 007 coverage at Omega. It would be great to see tie-ins all the way to November.

I think EON was very forward thinking in rescheduling NTTD so early.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think EON were never Comfortable with April as a release date....so the Virus, was sort of an extra-excuse to move it to November. Although, November sounds & feels right for Bond.
    Have always felt better about winter releases for Bond.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

I will bet you good money that at least one if not all three of those non-NTTD movies will move.

Godzilla vs Kong: This movie had rumours of poor test screenings last year, was already moved back even before the virus, and since the first Godzilla movie in this franchise underperformed and the second underperformed even more...

The Eternals: Given that the MCU's schedule now has quite a few gaps thanks to all movie/tv production shutting down, I could see this being pushed back to 2021 to help fill some space. Also, the fact that they may not be able to do reshoots or a lot of actual post-production until the quarantine ends could also lead to a delay.

Raya and the Last Dragon: I could see the argument for this being pushed back or staying where it is. As an animated musical children's film it would make for good counterprogramming against all the other movies but on the other hand, it may not get finished in time because of the quarantine.

NTTD: Seems the least likely to move given that unlike every other film here it's A- already done and B- the biggest movie in the entire month with a ton of hype already built up.

• 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    With that supposed leak... Does anyone else get this vibe?
    Wasn't Quantum of Solace supposed to feature Vesper's kid or something and it got scrapped? Or was that just a rumour too?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I will bet you good money that at least one if not all three of those non-NTTD movies will move.

Godzilla vs Kong: This movie had rumours of poor test screenings last year, was already moved back even before the virus, and since the first Godzilla movie in this franchise underperformed and the second underperformed even more...

The Eternals: Given that the MCU's schedule now has quite a few gaps thanks to all movie/tv production shutting down, I could see this being pushed back to 2021 to help fill some space. Also, the fact that they may not be able to do reshoots or a lot of actual post-production until the quarantine ends could also lead to a delay.

Raya and the Last Dragon: I could see the argument for this being pushed back or staying where it is. As an animated musical children's film it would make for good counterprogramming against all the other movies but on the other hand, it may not get finished in time because of the quarantine.

NTTD: Seems the least likely to move given that unlike every other film here it's A- already done and B- the biggest movie in the entire month with a ton of hype already built up.

I actually think both Bond and Godzilla vs Kong will stay where they are and the others will move.

There's nearly two weeks between the above mentioned films which is ideal for them both and I don't think any film, Marvel or not, will want to be sandwiched in between them.
    00Heaven wrote: »
    With that supposed leak... Does anyone else get this vibe?
    Wasn't Quantum of Solace supposed to feature Vesper's kid or something and it got scrapped? Or was that just a rumour too?

Indeed it was.